Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Guide

'Home' in the Afterlife

I’m intrigued by the idea of manifesting a home in the spirit realm. I can imagine that in many different lives in different realities, ’home’ would remain be a recurring theme. I also enjoyed reading SGS’s comments about it in the ‘Common Questions’ topic, including points about decorating it with objects that have been meaningful to us, and even requesting to have our home designed by spirits who have a strong connection with the likes of architecture and construction.

I realise that some may feel that a home is irrelevant to a spirit, but it’s essentially a sanctuary, a place of familiarity where one can fall back to reflect, heal, and put some aspects of reality on hold. I can’t help but wonder about it, if perhaps it already exists and how it may change depending upon my experiences.

How would you imagine your home to be?

I guess it’s hard not to think about it from a point of view that’s heavily influenced by the lives we currently live. There could be realities out there so different to ours that we can’t imagine them with a human mind, and so couldn’t apply their potential qualities to our imagined homes.

When I first thought about mine, it’s interesting because an image came to me like in a dream, instantaneously before I could even process it. There was already a layout from the start, wherever it came from. It stood on a cliff edge, surrounded by the ocean. The funny thing is that I wouldn’t live in that kind of place in this physical life of ours, as peaceful as it may be. I sense that this imagined home of mine exists on its own planet, maybe in its own universe. The idea seems so lonely, and yet there’s such a freshness to it, an entirely untouched world, and you can't get more peaceful than that. Or maybe it’s just a holiday home! Haha. Truth be told, I don’t feel like this would be it. I believe it's influenced by current feelings to hide from the world, and I’m just playing with my thoughts. If my spiritual self would be anything like me, however, as I am, I love creating things so much that I simply couldn't keep one idea. I'd want to keep changing it over and over again to mix it up and try different things.

What’s your thoughts on a home in the afterlife? How, as you are, would you imagine yours to be?
Old 15-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Pathfinder

I posted about this in another thread. Basically I've dreamed, repeatedly, of a particular house that in my dream I knew upon seeing it was for me. It's not like any home I've ever lived in in this life and I'm not sure I would pick it in this life either, but somehow it drew me. Inside I knew where everything went, the layout, all of it.

Now I'd like to think we can create any abode we choose over there. Perhaps this one I keep seeing is what I created in the past-- this is what I've pretty much concluded-- it's from a previous trip.

When you saw your layout did it include a kitchen, a bathroom? I would likely add them without thinking just for familiarity!
Old 15-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemalt
I posted about this in another thread. Basically I've dreamed, repeatedly, of a particular house that in my dream I knew upon seeing it was for me. It's not like any home I've ever lived in in this life and I'm not sure I would pick it in this life either, but somehow it drew me. Inside I knew where everything went, the layout, all of it.

Now I'd like to think we can create any abode we choose over there. Perhaps this one I keep seeing is what I created in the past-- this is what I've pretty much concluded-- it's from a previous trip.

When you saw your layout did it include a kitchen, a bathroom? I would likely add them without thinking just for familiarity!

What was the color scheme in your home? The walls in my home were white, maybe cream'ish, and the sunset was casting orange light through the windows. In particular, there was a very tall window in the main living space with a curved top. It was a living room with a view of the ocean.

Not sure about a bathroom, but I believe there were bedrooms. It'd be interesting to know how many. There was a set of stairs heading up. My attention was drawn to the main living space and hallway openly connected to it. I believe there was a kitchen connected far to the far side of where my attention was focused. As places ago, it wasn't a mansion by any means. It was quite average. I guess space is irrelevant when you have an entire planet to yourself outside!
Old 17-02-2016, 01:16 AM
Burntfruit

I have no idea -but I like the idea. It would follow that it will be there waiting for me - I would have thought about it before.

I read in a book (eric medhus) - how he created a home in the afterlife.

I think it would be relatively humble - warm furnishings. It would be amazing if I had reminders of my past lives in the home.

I think I would add a Lenovo thinkpad for this lifetime haha.
Old 17-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Pathfinder

I don't recall the color scheme but it did seem dark. Not threateningly dark, just dark as if no one was home, which I guess was true until I got there!

There was a living room and dining room. The dining room was set for a gathering but the guests hadn't arrived yet. Gives me chills writing that! The living room seemed familiar, like I had decorated it before even though I couldn't recognize the furniture. Makes me think I had furnished it in a prior existence to be ready for my next residence. All of the pieces were from an era I have always been drawn to without knowing why.

I would love to hear from anybody with a similar experience. Dreams, astral travel, NDE, etc.
Old 17-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I have no idea -but I like the idea. It would follow that it will be there waiting for me - I would have thought about it before.

I read in a book (eric medhus) - how he created a home in the afterlife.

I think it would be relatively humble - warm furnishings. It would be amazing if I had reminders of my past lives in the home.

I think I would add a Lenovo thinkpad for this lifetime haha.

I'll have to look that book up!

Haha, interesting choice! I would definitely have a set of boxing gloves hanging in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemalt
I don't recall the color scheme but it did seem dark. Not threateningly dark, just dark as if no one was home, which I guess was true until I got there!

There was a living room and dining room. The dining room was set for a gathering but the guests hadn't arrived yet. Gives me chills writing that! The living room seemed familiar, like I had decorated it before even though I couldn't recognize the furniture. Makes me think I had furnished it in a prior existence to be ready for my next residence. All of the pieces were from an era I have always been drawn to without knowing why.

I would love to hear from anybody with a similar experience. Dreams, astral travel, NDE, etc.

A dining room set for a gathering! That is intriguing. Any idea how many seats?

Dreams in general fascinate me. Sure, we can manipulate our dreams through lucid dreaming, yet something always exists there, like a structure, before we can even think. I remember recently walking through the back door of a bland store to find a bar hidden in the back. There it was, fully designed and alive right before my eyes before I could even process it. Forget interior design or architecture or whatever in the way that we know it, sitting there spending time planning and preparing and trying to figure everything out. There was this place in perfect form, created it seems before I even entered the room. That amazes me. I sometimes wonder if it is the sheer power of the brain or if this is something that actually exists. If it's the power of the brain, we may not be interior designers or artists or any of that and yet within our unconscious minds we can create without limitation. If it's something more, it goes to show the power of manifestation. One moment you're here, the next you're there.

I also remember a dream recently, which I posted about, where I was standing in what felt like the perfect place. The view. The temperature. The air. The colours and the water nearby. It felt so perfect. Ha, that just made me realise that the home I imagined didn't have a back yard. I guess it doesn't matter when, again, you have the whole world.
Old 17-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Experiencer
Home is wherever I am in the present moment.
If there were to be a place to rest, it would be within the Void, before arising once again to experience another facet of infinity.

If I were to create some sort of spiritual abode, it would be heavily influenced by my conditioned aesthetics as a result of this life, and I do not believe such aesthetics move with me through lives.
Old 19-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Guide

http://дыры-...B8%D1%8F.j pg

If we can create and manifest in the afterlife, I look forward to it. There's a beauty about letting nature take its course and forging its own unique qualities, but it's also nice to shape things to a vision. This place looks amazing, though almost instantly I'm thinking about how I might reshape it slightly, remove some of the rocky areas, maybe even change the color of the rocks. It looks like the color has been well enhanced in the photo. I've played around with the temperature in lucid dreams, and I would guess that color can also be adjusted to one's preference. In fact, my toying with the temperature was particularly fun because as I began to shiver amongst the snow I had created, physically I was asleep in the uncomfortable heat of a summer.

When I think about the desire to create and experience different things, I suspect that while I may have a home, either its surroundings would be frequently shifting or I would often find myself away from it taking up residence in different places, exploring and experiencing...
Old 20-02-2016, 03:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dragon
I’m intrigued by the idea of manifesting a home in the spirit realm.

Me as well, Sunset Dragon... Great thread...

I would like a small abode in the form of a treehome (treehouse) - situated in a mountainous landscape/environment... A deck that opens up to an expansive view of some beautiful mountains in the distance...
Old 20-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Me as well, Sunset Dragon... Great thread...

I would like a small abode in the form of a treehome (treehouse) - situated in a mountainous landscape/environment... A deck that opens up to an expansive view of some beautiful mountains in the distance...

That would make for one brilliant abode! Would it be a warm environment, or maybe covered in snow? I also had a vision of a cabin in a mountainous region, the whole place covered in snow.

I also had this idea of manifesting a planet much like our own, and then choosing to hike and journey around the entire thing. It would be somewhat of a survival test in many ways, and would be incredibly challenging. I can't imagine how long it would take, but I'm drawn to manifesting the experience. If I happen to see a treehouse along the way, I'll wave, haha.