Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-10-2017, 04:40 AM
Master
Reincarnation and Mediums

Hi everyone.

I am thinking about this currently, trying to understand. Essentially trying to feel exactly how I feel about this, but do not have the information here to decide. Sort of like taking a test when you haven't studied, that type of feeling.

I am wondering what the posters here who have mediumship ability think about past lives? How many believe this possible? Has anyone ever asked the passed spirits of this?

I am relatively new to trying to develop mediumship ability- it is slow going, I am also interested in past lives, but am wondering now if the two beliefs in any way coincide?

Are there any with mediumship ability who believe in past lives? Or perhaps you believe there is this one life- make the most of it view?

I am trying to gather my own thoughts, but with little past life or medium ability experience am drawing a blank.

Progress along my path has been slow going, and pleasantly surprising at the same time. I am very happy where I am on my spirit journey so far, but always I question.

Thank you for reading.
Old 14-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Administrator
I am a medium and i know that i have lived many life times before. some i remember more than others.there is one past life that still angers me today. because of the lies that have been written about what went on.
i remember it like it was yesterday.
i wont say what happened but i will in some way put right the wrongs that have been written. i have known this all my life that is why i don't , read books i don't believe in them. that includes the bible.but saying that i am not a christian so i don't believe in what it says i am a spiritulist i follow my own path always have and always will.

Namaste
Old 14-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Master
I think the sticky point for some is that the past / present / future is happening all at the same time .

From this perspective there is no past life had as it's all happening at once so to speak .

From a linear perspective where there is a clear divide between the past and the present and the future there appears to be past lives .

x daz x
Old 14-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I am a medium and i know that i have lived many life times before. some i remember more than others.there is one past life that still angers me today. because of the lies that have been written about what went on.
i remember it like it was yesterday.
i wont say what happened but i will in some way put right the wrongs that have been written. i have known this all my life that is why i don't , read books i don't believe in them. that includes the bible.but saying that i am not a christian so i don't believe in what it says i am a spiritulist i follow my own path always have and always will.

Namaste

Hi.

Nothing wrong with not reading books. I do not read the bible either, I have when younger, but for years I have gone without picking it up.

I asked about past lives as I am not sure of my faith in this yet. I had experiences with a couple spirits when younger who would call me by a male biblical name. This is confusing as it leaves me questioning why? Was it a possible past life or just spirits who were messing around? I have been told by another it could have been a soul name. Or a past life that was a personal favorite perhaps of my own soul.

I am curious about past lives, and mediumship in particular as I thought perhaps if anyone knew whether we do re-incarnate or not, perhaps a medium would.

Two spirits have called me by this male biblical name. The second instance of it was when I was having a sleep over in my early teens with a group of girls, and my father was leading us through a guided meditation, as he came in to check up on us, and they were interested in Wicca and watched way too many movies, and were attempting levitation. Trying to levitate each other- light as a feather stiff as a board.

Well we each were listening to my father's guided meditation, and during the time of the meditation a shadow of a male human form came to me in my mind's eye. I couldn't make out a physical appearance just a shadow. It said to me -"The biblical name- They are not your friends". I scoffed a bit, and asked why I should believe it as it was very aggressive in letting me know this- coming too closely to me- and it then replied- "If you don't believe me you just go ahead and you ask Rachel"

I didn't think too much of it until my father when finished asked us to tell him, and talk about any feelings we picked up or anything that came to us during the meditation.

He asked each of my friends first and they told him and discussed, and when the discussion died down a bit he asked me if anything came to me. I didn't want to say- because the biblical name was used firstly, and second I felt put on the spot by what the spirit told me, and I did not want to say as it was with a group of these girls- and well kids, and I felt if I spoke and was wrong about this, it would be ridicule and an uncomfortable sleep over.

Finally they broke me down, the girls commented on how nothing must have come to me, and I am not able to communicate with the spirit world. So I told them what was said starting off by saying to Rachel as instructed - this is probably not true but- and told them the name it used and what it said. To ask Rachel about it- and as soon as I asked her about it and told her it asked me to ask her, she kinda broke down a bit, about what she had been thinking during her meditation- which was nothing but negativity directed at me, and she said it was true, and well cried about it somewhat.

My dad asked if I was trying to make her feel bad, and I told him no of course not, but that he asked me to tell him what I got during the meditation, and I told him- Well that was it- If you don't want to know don't ask.

I asked him what the name meant, as it was biblical, and I was confused, and he told me the spirit could either have been messing with me, as they're not all good, or that it could have been a soul name that I was called.

I am confused about why a spirit would call one- a living human a certain name in particular, and it has happened before with another spirit.

I am asking about past lives in this section in particular as I feel since mediums often communicate with spirit, that perhaps they have past life examples, or information.

I also have just started working on developing mediumship ability- and am trying to find out anything that may help me along my path with it.

God-Like- That is a very interesting perspective, it all happening at once. Will have to look into that a bit.

Thanks for the responses and perspectives folks.

Appreciated.
Old 22-10-2017, 03:59 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am a naturally born Medium, and I know of many of my past lives. Its part of the path that made me whom I am today. It too is part of the path that brought my husband (Heart a member here) into my life and his life. We share in past lives we know of and have visited places and our graves.

I too have a past life where I was to people in the one life and time. I came forth again into another life and he is with me in Spirit in a guide role. I am told that when I pass from this life he will then move forwards. His role to be with me in protections will be set free.

As I came in naturally open to it all I had to reverse learn how things work to help others and myself understand how it can develop. How we are all with the abilities on some level just that we are not all ready to open those doors as once opened they do not close as easily. Its not all love and light....there can be that darkness to the spirit world.

Lynn

It is something that happens to most of us that we come in and out and we grow each time we do.
Old 22-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Master
My response will be in Navy Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello
I am a naturally born Medium, and I know of many of my past lives. Its part of the path that made me whom I am today. It too is part of the path that brought my husband (Heart a member here) into my life and his life. We share in past lives we know of and have visited places and our graves.

A question if you do not mind? When you found out the circumstances of your past lives, did you ever deal with doubt? Doubting whether that what you saw was a life of yours past? That is what I am currently going through, I have seen images of a life, or rather putting myself in the place of that individual and I question, whether I indeed lived any of this, or if it is mere product of my over active imagination. How did you know they were your past lives for certain? The way you talk about it, you seem to have no doubt. I would love to get to that place of no longer having the shadow of doubt. It is interesting you visited your graves. That must have been quite an experience. The past life I remember (envision, visualize, imagine) I couldn't see getting to the place.

I too have a past life where I was to people in the one life and time. I came forth again into another life and he is with me in Spirit in a guide role. I am told that when I pass from this life he will then move forwards. His role to be with me in protections will be set free.

I apologize, I think I am confused of the language here. Do you mean to say you have experienced a past life, where the individual you had been is a guidance now? Or do I misunderstand?

As I came in naturally open to it all I had to reverse learn how things work to help others and myself understand how it can develop. How we are all with the abilities on some level just that we are not all ready to open those doors as once opened they do not close as easily. Its not all love and light....there can be that darkness to the spirit world.

What do you consider naturally open or natural medium? I mean no disrespect at all, simply trying to understand your understanding of mediumship. I am not completely sure on the term. If it is communicating- in a back and forth with the dead, then I was never born with this ability. If it is ability to see spirit then yes. I have seen spirits, and quite a few things I would not quite call spirits since I was very young. It was frightening for the most part. I have encountered an awful lot of spirits/entities that were not remotely what I had thought spirits were when young. They were not people passed, but they were spirits. They were of no good. This is the reason I am interested in medium ability now. I am desperately in need of knowing if there is anything good out there. If there isn't my existence is void, futile. And God will indeed have much to explain if I ever lay eyes upon him.

Lynn

It is something that happens to most of us that we come in and out and we grow each time we do.

Thank you for responding.

That is essentially where I am right now. Able to visualize a life, an individual in a place and time, and wondering if I am under false impressions, and or imagining things.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Knower

Dear SaturninePluto

Yes we do reincarnate, as much as needed to become one day perfect like Jesus.
Some have the hability to remember something from past life but in general is not good for us to revive our mistakes, better to restart blank with no influence.

Ostensive mediumship is a sort of sign of demerit and this is a sort of extra credit for your situation...

You can find all this info on The Spirits Book from Allan Kardec, and you can freely download in the internet a pdf file.

Good study!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Trainee medium but I've never asked spirit about reincarnation though obviously there is consciousness once we're dis-incarnate, my assumption is that we as humans bounds into the life, death re-birth cycle are at the bottom of the hierarchical structure bound to keep returning until we evolve to a level of spiritual understanding and development gained during incarnation/s that allows us to pass out to the next level where we are no longer earth bound, hence we are spiritual beings intermittently between lifetimes until we rise through the ranks in service to others but ultimately in service to God, we are all serving, some self, some others depending on state of awareness and choice of force.
Old 22-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
I am relatively new to trying to develop mediumship ability- it is slow going, I am also interested in past lives, but am wondering now if the two beliefs in any way coincide?

When you are accessing spirit, there is no one way of going about things. So why not. You can even access spirits from your own past lives from a different time line.
If you have a gift and are a natural at it, this isnt something you develop in one lifetime alone. And the 'gifts' are only side effects of a much larger path and bigger journey ahead for yourself.
There isn't a box where one can limit yourself in regards to connecting with spirit/ or past lives. They are two different things but also there is much similarity, because in the other side time does not operate like our's does. Spirit does exist in astral though and can only operate in astral realms. Our astral body dies when we our physical bodies die. To access spirit in different timelines beyond the body/ ego / identity one might need more experience.
To engage yourself in an experience of a certain time, one can connect to ancestors, and you will find your past connections there for example. So they certainly coincide in more ways than one.