Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Seeker

Alzheimers

Okay, Just wondering if anyone has any idea what happens to a persons soul/ spirit when they have Alzeihemers, especially in the later stages. Like Is the persons soul stuck in the body of this person who's mind is gone? Just sitting and waiting for it's host body to give up? Or has it left already, like when the person gets to the point where they cant function or communicate any more does it leave and whats left is just a body? I guess this Is coming to mind because My mother passed on in October she had early onset AD.... I wasn't local to her when she passed and hadn't spoken to her in over a year. I just am kind of wondering what the end may have been like for her spirit...
Old 15-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Administrator
No when you pass its your soul that travels on.any illness they suffer here do not go with them.as a medium i have given messages to people from theit loved ones who did suffere from these illness and they have said that towards the end they didnt recognise who went to see them but since they passed the blinkers have been taken off their eyes these are words that spirit have used.and they see clearly
hope this helps you

Namaste
Old 16-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Seeker

Kind of makes me feel bad about moving so far away twords the end. Hopefully she understands though that the move was needed in order to provide for my children.
Old 16-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Knower
I'm sure if people really delved into your question, you would get a variety of responses. How can we really know 100%? And if one of the answers you receive is 100% correct, there will be plenty of others that will make you think twice about it.
This I do know... her soul is 100% ok. There are no illnesses on the other side. And your mother doesn't want you to feel guilt. Cherish the memories of the earthbound life you shared and rest easy knowing she is okay and sees and knows your life better now than she ever could in her earthbound body. Don't discount a familiar smell or sound that reminds you of her... that is her letting you know in a gentle, subtle way that she is there with you in that moment.

I wish you peace and blessings.
Old 16-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Seeker

We actually weren't super close. We had our own issues...I'm still working on letting go of the resentment I hold. I'll work it through in time.
Old 16-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Knower
I understand about issues and resentment. A lack of closeness is present in many families. Still... there are moments worth cherishing... almost always.

Awareness is the first step.
Old 16-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Master
It would seem that only a small part of out total self is located in the physical body, say 10%. The rest of us is existing as Higher Self in multiple dimensions. So even if the mind of the body that we're in gets its wiring scrambled it's not effecting the over all self which isn't in the body anyway.

I had the good fortune of getting to follow my grandmother as she crossed over (died). She'd had a stroke and no longer recognized anyone or had sense of self.

When she passed away the first thing she did in spirit form was fly to the nurses station out in the hall and pause as if to thank them for caring for her - this was so like her, ever thoughtful, gracious and thankful, then she shot up through the dimensions going ever higher in frequency until I in my Spirit form could no longer follow her due to the intensity of light and energy and unable to pick up her trail anymore in the White-out. I could tell though she went on higher up still.

Her path wasn't straight up to Home, she paused here and there, flying out through the stars once, stopping to catch sunset in a few worlds/dimensions but mostly she seemed to know exactly where she was heading and was eager to re-connect with those whom of her family and friends who'd already passed over.

Based on that experience I would have to say the stoke didn't effect her one bit, her body yes, her eternal self - No. :)
Old 19-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
Emg125,
All I can tell you is from my own experience. In some ways that is limited, but I can tell you what I observed.
My mother didn't have Alzheimer's, but had vascular dementia which was quite advanced in the last 3-4 years of her life. (She passed, age 89.)

I observed that her "Soul" was still with her. I could reach it on many occasions....beyond the cognitive things we all rely on in everyday life. When we were in that 'space' (usually when she smoked cigarettes and drank coffee with me in the wee small hours of the morning) -she had such wisdom with her, she knew exactly who I was, and could relate to me from her heart. There was no separation.
We would laugh, we would talk about all sorts of things, we would hold hands, and sing old songs from world war 2, and pop songs from the 1950's, and she would quote Shakespeare, or long poems by Tennyson etc....word-perfect. Her logic wandered from time to time, but I knew she was not confused about what mattered.
The next day, come the cold light of 11am...she wouldn't even know how to put her skirt on, and would ask me "When do we get on this train?"

But I remembered the night before, and knew I was conversing with her Soul, and the personality she was in touch with all those years.

I think she was cognisant, somehow beyond 'ego' of the fact that she was having an experience in a body, and brain which had gone haywire. I sensed (oddly) her calmness about it all. I think she knew this was one of her lessons or opportunities for learning, while on Earth.

Bless her Soul.

Your dear mother's Soul will probably already have processed those life experiences she had while she lived on Earth. Or it may be that if they were particularly exhausting, she might have needed extensive rest and recouperation after passing.
Old 19-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Knower
I work in a dementia unit where the ability for others to walk, eat, or speak has ended, and the dependence of being helped through another brings us all into the interconnected relationships of each and every moment's blessedness of being within and without control.
Old 19-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Master

My father had vascular dementia - like Tobi's mother. He became a rather beautiful being, yes I missed his personality but there was a very lovely spirit there. I was glad to have those years with him, just sitting in his presence and being with him.

I think any disease is a calling of sorts. And we should respect the choices of the individual to take on an illness - as it brings us lessons and the other. Similar to what Tobi says.

On passing, pure love is attained and there is opportunity for deep reconcilliation. It is never too late, so I believe.

Just my 2c. Or some of my 2c.