Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 15-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Kpastelle

I will give you my other cheek

Once upon a time, in a very small village came foreigners from Poland.

A whole family, looking for shelter, with nothing but the close on their backs found close to the village, an abandoned house and settled in it.

Granny saw that they needed help. And so the oldest women in the village welcomed them with some food, bedding linen and a few pots and pans they will surely need to get by. She saw right away how thin everyone was. Especially, the kids which were much too quiet for lads of their age.

After some time maybe a few days, the habitants of the village started talking of them. They didn’t like that this new family didn’t attend church gatherings, they didn't like that they held a different kind of faith within their house, they didn’t like that they fished in the same pond as them and they were especially angry at them for taking the honey from a bee hive they had been looking for, for months.

Granny knew something was going to happen and had been sleeping very lightly. One night she saw one of the men carrying a torch walking towards someones house and she knew she had to do something. Upon getting dressed to leave her house, she paused long enough to snatch six cherry pies she’d backed for a church supper. She didn’t know how they would be helpful but she took them and left for the foreigners house.

She found their door shut tight against the night air. After beating on the door it was Zelda who drew it open. :” I want you to dress right away. Get everybody up” directed granny. “hurry” she said.
” But it is night!”
“Zelda, some folks are coming”.

“ They come to my house, tonight”?” Now”? ” It is a Party?” Zelda gleefully clapped her hands and starts rearranging her house to make room for dancing and people. Her cheeks shone. Her eyes danced. “ the neighbors come to see us!”

Granny can’t seem to find the words to tell her that this oncoming thing wasn’t a lark, it was dark and ugly. But while she sought words for the telling. Granny suddenly saw that Zelda’s ignorance was in fact her strength. If she’s to make the marching men welcome then maybe …..

When the men arrived granny hid behind and let Zelda’s shield of joy take over. “that’s fine” she thought, the Lord had her in His care.

Kettles banged. Saws rasped. They were howls and some shouts. Granny slipped into to the lean-to. It’s best to let Zelda be she told herself. It’s best to let Zelda be and may the men be fair. Peeking she watched Zelda open her door and step out holding her lamp. “Welcome to my house” Come in! Come In!” She peered toward the figures in shadow. Her delight was honest.

At this warm bidding this cordial greeting the hubbub lost some of its energy.

With eagerness she beckoned: “But step in, my house friends.”

She stood smiling hopefully with the door thrown wide.

Silence followed in the black woods. A spokesman was pushed forward. “Ma’am-“

“I am so proud that you visit my Stephen is away until tomorrow he will be sorry he missed you but please do come in and have this wonderful re-heated cherry pie”

Bide’s warlike intentions weakened by Zelda’s cheerful greeting and finally, caved in. One by one they shambled from the forest spoke their howdy to Zelda and sidled in. Only one stayed astray saying that they were all a bunch of softies.

Granny watching, wasn’t sure but thought that maybe they are starting to like her. Zelda exclaimed:” Everything is so wonderful in America. This is a surprise party yes?”
“Ma-am it sure is” Bide hadn’t gotten over is own surprise finding himself inside this building with pudding and pie in his hands. :” you see ma-am we didn’t come here to….”

“Fire!”

Someone yelled. Bide and the others stood jolted and mute. Perhaps some had seen Tuckaleech throw a torch or suspected it. It was what they had come to do in the first place. Though not with people in the house. Zelda’s welcome had disarmed them. Now the marchers that came here to do ill were jarred and ashamed.

Grannys eyes busy read their heads as truly as the Lord and pushed forward. The men seemed startled to see her. “I want a word with you and the men Bide”. She said.

“So” said Granny here’s what you to do. I will take the family to my house and you and Jim and Link and Godlove will….

The men started to squirm. “you can do it” She said. “it was the way of your forefolk, and willing hands don’t forget”.

The next morning, Zelda had not slept all night wondering how her husband Stephen would react seeing all of his work and small possession up in flames, she confided her worries to Granny who said:” come let's take a walk”

Her faith in Bide and his crew had been sound.

Across the field beamed a brand new peeled-log double cabin. Two dozen men were tidying up where ax and adz, saw and sledge, block and tickle had been at work since dawn. Bide was hanging the front door this minute. A figure came around a corner of the house, totting a porch plank.

“Stephen!” screamed Zelda.

“I find them here when I came back” said Stephen. “Their was a fire last night, they tell me you are safe”. “and they helped build this new house! What neighbors Zelda!”

This is what Jesus meant when he said that we should show the other cheek when someone strikes us.
This is what it means to answer with Love to hate.

Love will always disarm the hateful.
Because love is stronger than hate and always will be
Old 14-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Djurplagare89

And laughter is stronger than vengeance.