Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 12-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Master
Cool Always worried about my weight.

Okay so get this, I know swimmers especailly if they swim in cold waters, have to have some amount of fat or be slightly a bit on the pudgy side to swim and keep warm.
But get this, before I started swimming (before I had the money to set aside for a gym) I weighed in at 170 then I started swimming and yeah granted I ate **** for a while but I stopped about 9 months ago I am now at 210. Now I don't look it, and I'm pretty positive that I didn't gain 40 pounds of muscle, or could I have?
I'm not a small bodied person either, I'm medium to large boned and am muscular.

Now I just had lab work done and my cholestoral levels and glucose level kidney liver etc are absolutely fabulous, my blood pressure is very very good all without meds.

I'm now going to add yoga to my excercise regime, but man I cannot loose weight. A month ago I started taking Iodine in the form of kelp supplements and eating a lot of seaweed that is dried locally. I take about 10 units of vit d a day, I take a mag-cal supplement, I take Ashwhagnada now as I've heard it helps with corisol levels.

I'm just going on and on, my question is I'm now 35 is my body not loosing the weight because I'm trying to protect myself from something? Or is this just something I'll have to accept?

Maybe I need to treat my body as a goddess would back in the day when being overweight was worshipped.

Sorry just blabbing here.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
...But get this, before I started swimming (before I had the money to set aside for a gym) I weighed in at 170 then I started swimming and yeah granted I ate **** for a while but I stopped about 9 months ago I am now at 210. Now I don't look it, and I'm pretty positive that I didn't gain 40 pounds of muscle, or could I have?
I'm not a small bodied person either, I'm medium to large boned and am muscular.
Spiritlite.

Youve gained muscle most likely. Are your clothes fitting better in spite of what your scale says? If so, then it's gotta be muscle for the most part. That should be the smoking gun, as they say. If you ate **** for a while, then it's just like a lot of things, it has a delayed reaction perhaps...I lost about 40 lbs. this year and I made sure I had plenty of protein inthe form of protein drinks (Atkins) and Power Bars, that emphasize protein 15 g each. And I didn't eat much more than that, went to a healthy restaurant when I ate out, skipped lunches altogether except for the protein shakes and/or power bars. If it's weight you're after to lose, you have to religiously cut out 90% of the simple starches.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Master
Yeah the only starches I eat now are sprouted, as they are much healthier than even whole wheat in that it doesn't raise your blood sugar that much. No my clothes feel tight so I really believe I need to loose 20 pounds. So I'm hoping with swimming and yoga (and now i'm planning on walking to the lake which is only a half mile but better than nothing) and eating better it would be good.
We're going to buy a steam cooker so we can cook vegies in it quickly and it's more nourishing so we'll do that three times a week, one time will be chicken, and one time will be protein like pork chops or something. Rice with every meal. Also I'm drinking tons of green tea etc. Someone also just told me Vit. b12 is helping her loose weight. I just don't know what's going on with my body, I usually drop the pounds when I used to swim.......it's weird.
Maybe it's the medications I'm on.
But so long as my insides are healthy which blood tests show they are I'm okay with everything.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Master
Steaming the vegies IS a fantastic idea. When I crash dieted in 1980, I did the protein drink thing, and I ate hard boiled eggs and tuna and rabbit food when I had anything solid. And I exercised like a demon, but I was a little younger then and could do all that. I would get home from work and dance, do crunches, free weights, yoga, walking, whatever I chose to do on a given night out of all those things, and I lost almost 80 pounds, all of which I kept off for 7 whole years. And when I went on maintenance, I did the protein drinks plus steamed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and I even put real butter on them and lemon pepper maybe with a couple of crackers. That was my dinner and I actually enjoyed that very much. From time to time, I'd have a double cheese and an ice cream cone from MickyD's.

You'll find a way to do this.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Master
I know I will Silver Dan and I have been talkign about it.
But for the past four months we've been great, no sugar snacks, no snacks at all unless it's fruit, we would always be eating chips and salsa etc etc. And me my weakness was chocoloate and sweets but I don't think I've had chocolate in about 4 months and I don't miss it.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I know I will Silver Dan and I have been talkign about it.
But for the past four months we've been great, no sugar snacks, no snacks at all unless it's fruit, we would always be eating chips and salsa etc etc. And me my weakness was chocoloate and sweets but I don't think I've had chocolate in about 4 months and I don't miss it.
Spiritlite.

I love chips & salsa too, I was never big on chocolate bars and stuff like that.
Oh btw, do I have a new name now?

Old 12-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Master
Yeah but chips raise your blood sugar the key is to not raise your blood sugar past a certain point to help you loose weight.
Did I call you by a different name?
Sorry :(
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Master
Yes, they sure do. What can you have instead with salsa, anything that won't raise the blood sugar?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Amberly

Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm 37 now and i've realised that i can't lose weight as quickly as i did when i was say 10 years younger. I wouldnt worry as long as your healthy I'd say most women, even supermodels have some issue with their bodies. Sigh....I know i do and i suspect i always will
Old 12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Master
Thanks guys and Amberly yeah you're right I just turned 35 and I'm hitting a brick wall and yes even models have issues that's why they just don't eat.
Spiritlite.