Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 22-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Mart

Seriously now.

[quote=tiltjlp]Well dreamer, for example, if your idea of an insightful thread is the Censorship **, then I would wonder if maybe you might not benefit from a more serious attitude. It's not so much someone's attitude that causes the problems, but more the inability to be serious when there is a need to be serious.

Hi John, can you explain why there is need to be serious and also what does ** stand for?

[quote=titlip]I would think that on a site like this one that post count should be fairly meaningless, but I've noticed quite a few senseless threads with the same person or persons making "empty" comments to boost post count or to simply act a fool. I would think there are other forums better suited for one-liners.

Could you tell me where these other forums are to be found they sound like fun. By the way post count is important, did you know that if you reach 100 posts you become a knower? There are promotions to be had from upping your post count, you get a company car when you reach 1000. Also I was wondering what meaning there really is in this great world apart from that which you give it yourself, and the ultimate meaning of experiencing yourself fully of course.

[quote=titlip]I'm not at all passing judgement, simply answering your question. A sense of humor is wonderful, but a person needs to know when to reign in the whoopie cushion. You might keep in mind that I'm nearing 60, so so I'm between my 2nd and 3rd childhood.

John we all know you are passing judgement, which is fine by me - it's okay I can take it, I'm a big boy now and I have a well developed sense of humour. Let me pass non judgement on you now. Were your first two childhoods slightly repressed? I'm only asking because I can't remember the last time a child told me to stop having fun with them, except for this one kid whose dad was forever telling him to be more serious and he wasn't very happy at all. Be a child John, it's fun and enjoyable and it will put a smile on your face - I'm being serious.

Last edited by Mart : 22-06-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 22-06-2006, 07:01 PM
DASA

Bob/Dreamer/Mart/?????

How many aliases have you got Bob? lol

I can't keep up - If you were originally Mart all along then it puts a whole new spin on things? Or maybe you're one of the Turkish hackers who stole everyone's passwords back in April? You keep me guessing ....

Gouranga!

your servant,

Das
Old 22-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Mart

Dasa we are all different faces of the one you should know that, but alas I only have one alias as Mart but infinate aliass as my true self, you being one of those too. As dreamer says you are the dreamcast and the dreamer, what does oneness mean if it is not this?

Kind regards.
Old 22-06-2006, 09:56 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart
Could you tell me where these other forums are to be found they sound like fun. By the way post count is important, did you know that if you reach 100 posts you become a knower? There are promotions to be had from upping your post count, you get a company car when you reach 1000. Also I was wondering what meaning there really is in this great world apart from that which you give it yourself, and the ultimate meaning of experiencing yourself fully of course.

No thanks, I'd rather you didn't spread your attitude to other forums I frequent. But I will thank you for not making me waste too much time before discovering that this forum is not to my liking. Feel free to laugh at me all you want, since I probably won't be back very often. I've seen more than enough.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 23-06-2006 at 03:37 AM.
Old 22-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
How many aliases have you got Bob? lol

I can't keep up - If you were originally Mart all along then it puts a whole new spin on things? Or maybe you're one of the Turkish hackers who stole everyone's passwords back in April? You keep me guessing ....

Gouranga!

your servant,

Das

I have had my suspicions about this too since I joined ....lol Not about Mart yet but...........

Creator
Old 23-06-2006, 03:43 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Hi John,

I have got a few good belly laughs from posts on this forum (including some of yours Dreamer), but I think you do make a good point in what you're saying as the humour has gone a bit too far at times.

It makes me laugh when I read your motto about the toilet paper at the end of these messages on seriousness

Best Wishes,

Das

Glad you like my tag line. It's a reminder that not everything should be taken seriously. Too bad some folks haven't realized that not everything is a joke. There should be a balance, I think.

John
Old 23-06-2006, 10:19 AM
dreamer

Hi titlip,

my attitude is a direct mirror of yours. Sorry dude, but thats just the way it is if you pick an argument better be ready to get it back. Not being malicious, it's just the way of things.
Old 23-06-2006, 01:47 PM
DASA

The state of the Forums

Hi John,

Here's my current theory on the state of the forums be it right or wrong:

Spiritualforums is in a loop at the moment. Anything other than jokey semi-philosophical posts on 'one-ness' are pretty much shot down by one or two people with a lot of aliases. Any posts not making any solid statements are left alone, probably because it's hard to try and shoot them down in the same way.

Most people with any slight shread of seriousness left some time ago (that's probably why I'm still here). The exception are infrequent quality posters who send, say 1 message a week - who havn't noticed such a significant difference.

If you doubt what I'm saying just have a look through the old posts in the archives pre March 2006.

I've got nothing against it all, I bet they're a nice bunch of lads really - but that's just how I see things at the moment, be it right or wrong.

Best Wishes,

Das

P.S - I'm not including Peteyzen, Creator or Pournamu in the above. I'm pretty sure they are not aliases to anyone else.

Last edited by DASA : 23-06-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 23-06-2006, 01:56 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Hi John,

Here's my current theory on the state of the forums be it right or wrong:

Spiritualforums is in a loop at the moment. Anything other than jokey semi-philosophical posts on 'one-ness' are pretty much shot down by one or two people with a lot of aliases. Any posts not making any solid statements are left alone, probably because it's hard to try and shoot them down in the same way.

Most people with any slight shread of seriousness left some time ago (that's probably why I'm still here). The exception are infrequent quality posters who send, say 1 message a week - who havn't noticed such a significant difference.

If you doubt what I'm saying just have a look through the old posts in the archives pre March 2006.

I've got nothing against it all, I bet they're a nice bunch of lads really - but that's just how I see things at the moment, be it right or wrong.

Best Wishes,

Das

Thanks for confirming what I suspected from the beginning, DASA. You seem to be a decent sort, so I'll wish you the best of a possibly bad situation. I'll check back every now and then, to see if things have improved.

John
Old 23-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Mart

Hey there John,

I will take your words on board and humbly apologise for any antagonism you may have felt after choosing to read my posts. As the moth said to the flame when it flew into it repeatedly and burnt off it's wings, "stop burning me you'are too hot" and as the flame replied, "I'm very sorry that's just what we flames are like, why don't you stop flying into me?"

DASA, I like your posts but sometimes you talk nonsense, you may or may not like my posts and sometimes I talk nonsense too. Your nonsense may have a more serious tone than mine but does that make it any less nonsensical. I will take Johns points on board and will be more serious, direct and honest from now on i am sorry that I have lowered the tone of the forum with my posts - sincerely I am.

You should know that I am dreamer and mart but I am not Bob or anyone else.

By the way, you may think that the oneness posts are not serious but you are totally wrong. Read some of them again and take what is being said literally DASA, have an open mind, you don't even know who I am or might be so it may be foolish to discount what has been written. You are very close DASA, but it appears you need to open your mind just a little, it would be nice to experience what you have read so much about wouldn't it? All the best with it.

Your servant Mart.

Last edited by Mart : 23-06-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Closed Thread