Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 30-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Deactivated Account

hello Ces, thanks for your reply.

That is one of the amazing things, how the Reiki knows where to go ! Just amazes me. And would you say, these sessions work best in person or by distance healing ? or does this also depend on the person and the area to be healed ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 30-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Master
I would say again its individual. I think its always an experience to have a treatment session one to one. Partly because in the right environment you can experience such bliss. By having the right atmosphere it helps to relax and let the receiver be comfortable. Distance reiki is fab because you can be anywhere in the world. I think its helpful to have some one avaiable ot answer any questions and to ensure that you are ready to move to do something different after. sounds daft but someone to get you glass of water, to tidy up the area you have been using for sitting etc in.
Old 30-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Yes, makes sense.

Expect Miracles !

Old 30-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Master
I was just coming back to add something............

I think if you have a reiki treatment and you are open to reiki you should be aware that potentially emotions, situations, etc could come to the surface. Things that an invdividual may not want to face, things that are forgotten or not etc. In my opinion a good reiki therapist will advsea client that they may experience x y or z and that this is okay, or equally that they may not. As individuals we all experience reiki in our own way.

No surprises although surpising none the less
Old 30-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
You do have a point on the actual word " healing " being part of the confusion, or the confusion itself.

When I first heard of Reiki as healing, I thought it actually cured the problem, thinking of a physical ailment . Somewhat deceptive in a way.
In post #17 in this thread, I tried to speak to this point you're asking about. You were asking about something that a lot of people are interested in.

I believe some forms of spiritual healing are actually aimed quite directly at resolving or curing a physical ailment. But in my experience, Reiki takes the route of working more from the emotional or inner level - which may or may not much affect the physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergingPath
I would generally agree with your groupings, although for group one I would be more definitive with the definition of "emotional healing".

While the vast majority of generalized energy healing sessions (like Reiki) do end with a "feel good" result for the client, a surprising number will also end in an emotional release from them, spanning the spectrum of just a few simple tears to a full blown crying/sobbing episode as they release whatever they have been holding on to.
Yes, you're right. What I described as the "inner healing" (type 1) sort of result can emerge from one or more sessions like what you're describing... the emotional release. Rather than focussing on release of stored pain or tension in the form of tears or whatever, I was writing about outcomes - rather than the process during the session.

And my observation would be that, due to the purging, cleansing process that results in inner healing, a general physical healing can be another outcome (what I described as type 2).
Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Reikichris

Just as we can think ourselves ill, many of the physical issues (not all) are a result of how we are - when we heal these issues it is natural that the physical issues disappear - this is the benefit of self-healing. Nothing strange there, it is just how we work.

love
chris
Old 16-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikichris
Just as we can think ourselves ill, many of the physical issues (not all) are a result of how we are - when we heal these issues it is natural that the physical issues disappear - this is the benefit of self-healing. Nothing strange there, it is just how we work.

love
chris

sounds so easy... when reading the words ....

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-07-2012, 10:12 PM
EmergingPath

A quote from Bruce Lipton that I think is related:

"Our positive and negative beliefs not only impact our health but also every aspect of our life. Henry Ford was right about the efficiency of assembly lines, and he was right about the power of the mind: “If you believe you can or if you believe you can't... you're right.” Think about the implications of the man who blithely drank the bacteria that medicine had decided caused cholera. Consider the people who walk across coals without getting burned. If they wobble in the steadfastness of their belief that they can do it, they wind up with burned feet. Your beliefs act like filters on a camera, changing how you see the world. And your biology adapts to those beliefs. When we truly recognize that our beliefs are that powerful, we hold the key to freedom. While we cannot readily change the codes of our genetic blueprints, we can change our minds and, in the process, switch the blueprints used to express our genetic potential. " - Bruce Lipton
Old 16-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Master
I don't see anything wrong in the Lipton quote. However, my experience with Reiki attunement, and some experiences both before and after it, suggests to me that there is something more fundamental than beliefs.

Some beliefs are pretty superficial, and simple acquisition of more information can change them. Deep-seated beliefs are more persistent. But I also think deep-seated beliefs can change - they can dissolve or morph into something new - as your energy matrix changes. I've been having a strong and convincing experience of this since my Reiki attunement 11 years ago. Something at a very deep level in a person changes, hence the beliefs then change, and then perception changes or opens up.
Old 17-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Deactivated Account

EP, thanks for the quote, I have heard part of that in regards to Henry Ford and the mind ~ something like the power of suggestion.

“If you believe you can or if you believe you can't... you're right.”

Expect Miracles !