Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 28-09-2011, 02:31 PM
IndigoAmber

Reiki so expensive

I have been attuned to reiki level II. I have been wanting to become a reiki master but hate that it costs so much. I also dont really think it's fair that a gift that someone is sharing with the world has such a high price tag.

Does anyone else feel this frustration when it comes to reiki?

When I am able to become a master and pass the symbols I am certain that I will not charge this much to share this healing love with others.
Old 28-09-2011, 03:02 PM
kislany

This is also one reason why I stopped at lvl II. Plus I couldn't find a master to attune me to lvl III/master prac.

I was also frustrated at the time, but then I realized their point of view as well. Considering where it's coming from and how well guarded it all is (and the official word on Reiki is that you can ONLY become attuned by a master practitioner), well there's the concept of scarcity in play which makes it so expensive.

Afterall they say that Reiki is not like any other energy work that can simply be learned from books or videos, you really need that personal attunment from a master. And like everything very valuable, it is also very expensive.
Old 28-09-2011, 03:40 PM
mattie

Self Attunement Through HS

‘Essential Reiki’ by Dianne Stein discusses how the expensive official certification isn’t necessary. She gives the traditional & modern reiki signs & allot of information.
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reik...7223724&sr=8-1

There are 319,000 hits on ‘reiki self attunement’ from an internet search engine.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Some say self attunement is more effective than attunement from others. A very good point about self attunement is that Dr. Mikao Usui self attuned as he invented reiki. If an attunement was necessary from a master, how did he activate?

Have you ever investigated these avenues? Do you believe this is impossible unless you shell out BIG bucks to someone else?
Old 28-09-2011, 04:20 PM
geminilite

have you asked spirit for help with the financial costs?

I know when i wanted to do my reiki 2 and also some other courses i could no where near afford it, so i asked spirit to help me find the money.... one £5,000 cheque 2 weeks later and i was all set to go... since then i have done my reiki 2, hi-ki massage course, indian head massage course and also an emotional healing journey over 3 months , next in line will be my development course and also my hopi ear candle course....

its def worth asking.. as i had asked for some money the year before also and recieved substantial amount of money then too!

good luck !!
Old 28-09-2011, 05:17 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
‘Essential Reiki’ by Dianne Stein discusses how the expensive official certification isn’t necessary. She gives the traditional & modern reiki signs & allot of information.
http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reik...7223724&sr=8-1

There are 319,000 hits on ‘reiki self attunement’ from an internet search engine.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Some say self attunement is more effective than attunement from others. A very good point about self attunement is that Dr. Mikao Usui self attuned as he invented reiki. If an attunement was necessary from a master, how did he activate?

Have you ever investigated these avenues? Do you believe this is impossible unless you shell out BIG bucks to someone else?

This very subject was discussed on a much earlier thread and it got deleted.
Old 28-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoAmber
I have been attuned to reiki level II. I have been wanting to become a reiki master but hate that it costs so much. I also dont really think it's fair that a gift that someone is sharing with the world has such a high price tag.

Does anyone else feel this frustration when it comes to reiki?

When I am able to become a master and pass the symbols I am certain that I will not charge this much to share this healing love with others.

No matter what you pay ......no certification is needed to channel Divine Energy.

I have met Reiki Masters who had no ability to heal at all. Who were to consumed by Judgment, for the Divine to FLOW freely. Seek your own DIRECT connection to the Divine and you will not need pay a dime to anyone. A Heart filled with simplicity and Love is worth more to the Creative Force then 1 Million certified Masters of No-thing.

Trust in the Divine , Trust in Self.......
Old 29-09-2011, 02:27 AM
IndigoAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
No matter what you pay ......no certification is needed to channel Divine Energy.

I have met Reiki Masters who had no ability to heal at all. Who were to consumed by Judgment, for the Divine to FLOW freely. Seek your own DIRECT connection to the Divine and you will not need pay a dime to anyone. A Heart filled with simplicity and Love is worth more to the Creative Force then 1 Million certified Masters of No-thing.

Trust in the Divine , Trust in Self.......

Thank you. I think that's what I will do.
Old 29-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have me Reiki Master Level and YES the price was very dear.....but I honour paying that as I so felt the SHIFT in the energies I got in attunements. I feel that there is a lot of personal energy that a GOOD teacher puts forth to the student and that should be honoured.

That said when somoene has done all the WORK and so understands it and feels the energy on a healing level it is OK to trade services with another to get that paper that says certified to practcice. I have done that for one person. He so helped me with some life issues I had that in payment back I certified him but there was WORK he had to do to earn it and condtions he had to really look at before I would . I had to know that he understood the honour I placed on the value of freindship. He did.

If it comes from ones higest and greatest GOOD then that is what truly matters most. I have all the BOOKs on Reiki in the Metaphysical Library I house in me home for a place I belong too.....I have yet to go to any of them.

I would not want SELF certification for me personally but there is always ways around the financial burdens that one faces. Trading services is one way.

Lynn
Old 29-09-2011, 04:02 AM
sunny shine

There are masters who do this as service. I have sent you a private message.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Experiencer
I have gotten addition attunements on Ebay from different masters in different specializations. I got my Iamara reiki (La ho chi) attunement and the likes. You can easily feel the energy and most offer certificates if you want one. I just enjoy the use of the energy. As previous posters have stated, many masters are happy to attune for very little. You just have to search.