Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-11-2016, 02:29 AM
Master
"The Son of Man came not to be served..."

I've been sharing lately this statement by Jesus, thinking it may be of benefit to some believers involving our salvation, wrought by the shed blood of the atoning, and Passover lamb of God.
Does the statement Jesus made assist you in understanding the liberty and freedom one has in Christ?
"The Son of Man came NOT to be served, but to serve,
And to give His life as A RANSOM for the many."

Saved means rescued, as by another. Grace means, "Unmerited Favor".

Also, topics of both "The Elect", and "Predestination" are valid issues brought up by Paul in the epistles.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I've been sharing lately this statement by Jesus, thinking it may be of benefit to some believers involving our salvation, wrought by the shed blood of the atoning, and Passover lamb of God.
Does the statement Jesus made assist you in understanding the liberty and freedom one has in Christ?
"The Son of Man came NOT to be served, but to serve,
And to give His life as A RANSOM for the many."

Saved means rescued, as by another. Grace means, "Unmerited Favor".

Also, topics of both "The Elect", and "Predestination" are valid issues brought up by Paul in the epistles.

What if I go on to reason like this:'well if he is jsut going to save me no matter what I can do whatever I want and I'm still safe'. Can I do that?
Old 20-11-2016, 06:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon FallingLeaves

Life is to be experienced, follow your heart.
Old 20-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon FallingLeaves

Life is to be experienced, follow your heart.

I caught your edit. I think you are wise.
Old 20-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Master

I would interpret that as Jesus alluding to selfless Service.
[Service is the coin of the Spirit.]

The life of Christ was a macrocosm, played out on a public stage, an exemplification of what is expected of us to the highest ideal .... The overcoming of the lower self/ego; giving light and rendering Service to others, as an act of love.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Master
Interesting responses.

Well, addressing Falling Leaves post, if you are among the elect, and predestined to salvation, then you won't be inclined to, "do whatever you want", as far as intent is concerned.
Correct?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Master
Knight I love that response.

Even when you look at the life of Christ it has something you'd expect out of a masterpiece novel or a great film but it's one of those things in life where you say, "I can't believe that happened". Some people thought 9/11 was too impossible because it sounds like a movie but it HAPPENED.

Jesus's life was all set up and staged by God and the Angels. It took thousands of years in the making at the appropriate time for this advanced Spiritual Being named Jesus to take on a human body and play out this "Christ Life" for the world to mimic, contemplate, follow, and remember.

Knight- I think you'd love Richard Rohr. He is one of the best spiritual teachers around. Some call him "a modern day St. Francis". He wrote a new book called the "Divine Dance. The Trinity and Your Transformation".
Old 20-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Interesting responses.

Well, addressing Falling Leaves post, if you are among the elect, and predestined to salvation, then you won't be inclined to, "do whatever you want", as far as intent is concerned.
Correct?

well that is a good answer! I like that!
Old 22-11-2016, 02:09 PM
Guide

I think the statement from Jesus provides us with untold freedom when we realize how much freedom there is in service. So much of our life is robbed by the desire to save our lives.

I like what Jesus said: ''If I then your Lord and Master have served you, then you also serve one another. If you understand these things happy are you if do them''.

There is real peace and happiness when we serve because it aligns us with God - that we are as he is.
Old 23-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
I think the statement from Jesus provides us with untold freedom when we realize how much freedom there is in service. So much of our life is robbed by the desire to save our lives.

I like what Jesus said: ''If I then your Lord and Master have served you, then you also serve one another. If you understand these things happy are you if do them''.

There is real peace and happiness when we serve because it aligns us with God - that we are as he is.

Amen Ciel. Didn't Paul say something about putting aside those sins which so easily beset us, and running the race set before us? This is what the Lord has done in the "ransom" His Son accomplished for us on the Cross.

Free, to be people of God.