Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Master
I completely agree with gem,
firstly in meditation, we are trying to merge via the vehicle of meditation with higher levels of consciousness, this is what has happened to you, you have moved up a bit.
secondly, if you start doing grounding techniques, which are really to stop healers from taking in negative energy, you will simply slow down your meditative progress.
These sensations are quite normal to experienced meditators, and unless they are frightening you, (and they do some) there is no need to use the grounding meditations. Just enjoy, this is really the start oif what you have been meditating for, to rise my friend, keep at this level for a while, aclimatise, then when your ready keep going.
Old 14-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Master
I agree. The advice I hear some people giving nowadays to ground yourself while in meditation and as subtle energies are shifting is like trying to go in two directions at once.

Xan

Old 17-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Knower
I get scared meditating all the time since I heard about AP
Old 17-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Master

I would listen to what Gem has to say. He sounds very sensible. There is nothing to worry about. Meditate and enjoy the experience.
Old 17-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler
I get scared meditating all the time since I heard about AP

dave... Then learn more about AP and you'll find it's natural. We go out of body nearly every time we sleep. (A good book on it is "The Secret of the Soul" by William Buhlman.)

Besides, I wouldn't let fear keep me from meditation as it's central to our spiritual growth. We just learn to face and go on through the fear, out the other side into open inner awareness.

Xan

Old 18-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Greg

Eyes open meditation can help with this. The whole premise of Zen is anti transcendence. Having cosmic experiences are nice but don't really help you in the long run. By meditating eyes open on the here and now, you discover the power of now, which is where true liberation is.