Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 05-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Knower

I am ordering a Reiki book for pets. I want to study up on it and continue to work with my dog. I hope that I can find a shelter that will allow me to do it.

I have a few books on chakras. I just started one. Wow! There's so much to learn!

I'm not sure how to read my chakras yet. Sometimes my hands and the areas stay cool, but sometimes it feels like my insides are on fire where I place my hands. I'm usually feeling that in my heart, solar plexus, and sacral areas. It's happened a couple of times on my crown. I just leave my hands there for as long as I can. It's not a bad feeling, but that of warmth and serene. So I'm not taking it as a "this needs more work" area. Does that make sense?

I replied to your PM. Thanks again!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM
elisi

tail11

when i give reiki i always start by using my pendulum. i hold it over each chakra. for me, if it hardly moves, i know that chakra is blocked and i work on it first.

i can also run my hands over a body and feel when it heats up, that too is a spot to work on.

every practitioner may incorporate their own styles.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Knower

We were just talking about a pendulum in my reiki sharing group last night elisi! One of the ladies said that she uses one to see which of her chakras need working on. I don't know much about them but find it interesting.

The heat that I feel doesn't hurt, it actually feels soothing. When I said my evening prayer last night before bed, I rested my hands on my heart chakra and it was heating up - not my hands. So does that mean I need more work on that chakra? <Feeling confused> :)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 PM
elisi

when my hands heat up i know the person needs and is drawing that energy. if the person's body is heating up, i'd say (and this is my instinct) that the heart is already full and is sending it right back atcha. :)

i never used a pendulum before until john cornsilk, a cherokee elder made one for me. without asking he knew my favorite colors. it's a quartz crystal point wrapped at the top with beadwork in orange, yellow, turquoise and black, on a leather cord.

it just works for me.

ps for those who don't know, i've found that it's best to use a string, leather, or something natural-chains, anything metal may interfere with the energy.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Knower

I agree with your feelings about heat elisi. It's a different heat from the body and hands. Thank you for your answer, I feel quite the same way.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:10 AM
elisi

and it doesn't always come the same. sometimes i get a tingling.

there's even been times i didn't get much at all but it's still working.

and i can't stress enough-trust your instincts. a friend asked me to go to the hospital and work on her friend who had cancer. i did not know this person.

i went in, introduced myself and began to work on her abdomen. for some reason i kept thinking of her hand and wanted to reiki her hand but i hesitated.

finally i took her hand in mine and said i just feel like i should do this.

she was amazed. she said during one of the procedures the nerves in her hand were damaged and she was worried because she was an artist and didn't think she'd be able to hold a brush anymore.

gotta love it.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Knower

How cool elisi! I have got to get my massage table unboxed and set up. I do have a couple of friends that could use Reiki. I hope to sense things like that on others, but I have much to learn. I need to trust my intuition and just go with it.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM
elisi

absolutely-always trust your intuition.