Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Master
I have learned more about myself in the past week, than I have done in the past many years. I have taken no offense because everybody dislikes moaners and I was the biggest one - I wondered why I was alone and had no friends...nobody likes a negative wet blanket hanging around and I realised the reason why I felt this way is because of projected toxic shame inflicted upon me by my parents.

I have decided to transform the pain into doing something...writing a book about my journey or at least keeping a journal and colouring in and being mindful about external things, like doing a crossword or knitting - doing something very simple and repetitive helps take my mind off the pain a bit as well.

It is a healthy approach to talk about it, but not when you let impulsive and compulsive behaviours rule and ruin your life because you 'can't help it' - like whining long and loud about having to wait in a bank queue for half an hour when I could hardly stand up anyway...and having my 80 yr old mother go "pfft...wait until you get to my age, dear".

I have reached the stage where I need to 'bottle it all up' because the only one who is going to know the extent of my suffering then is God. It is hoped that when the universe takes pity (instead of me seeking it from man), there will finally be a solution in sight for me.
Old 29-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Master
Moaning.

No whining,
No complaining,
No frowning.

So lets have a good moan instead

Pain, you have my body, but you don't have my spirit.
Old 29-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Master
What is the difference between a whine and a moan? you'll need to teach me.
Old 29-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
What is the difference between a whine and a moan? you'll need to teach me.

Whining is high pitch, moan low pitch
Old 29-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Whining is high pitch, moan low pitch
lol okay.
Old 29-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Master

Hi sky123,

A definition of suffering, excerpt from "The Life Divine"
, by Sri Aurobindo:
"...the nature of suffering is a failure of the conscious-force
in us to meet the shocks of existence [...] its root is an inequality
of that receptive and possessing force due to our self-limitation by egoism
consequent on the ignorance of our true Self"

~ J

Old 29-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi sky123,

A definition of suffering, excerpt from "The Life Divine"
, by Sri Aurobindo:
"...the nature of suffering is a failure of the conscious-force
in us to meet the shocks of existence [...] its root is an inequality
of that receptive and possessing force due to our self-limitation by egoism
consequent on the ignorance of our true Self"

~ J

So true, thank you.
Old 30-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I have learned more about myself in the past week, than I have done in the past many years. I have taken no offense because everybody dislikes moaners and I was the biggest one - I wondered why I was alone and had no friends...nobody likes a negative wet blanket hanging around and I realised the reason why I felt this way is because of projected toxic shame inflicted upon me by my parents.

I have decided to transform the pain into doing something...writing a book about my journey or at least keeping a journal and colouring in and being mindful about external things, like doing a crossword or knitting - doing something very simple and repetitive helps take my mind off the pain a bit as well.

It is a healthy approach to talk about it, but not when you let impulsive and compulsive behaviours rule and ruin your life because you 'can't help it' - like whining long and loud about having to wait in a bank queue for half an hour when I could hardly stand up anyway...and having my 80 yr old mother go "pfft...wait until you get to my age, dear".

I have reached the stage where I need to 'bottle it all up' because the only one who is going to know the extent of my suffering then is God. It is hoped that when the universe takes pity (instead of me seeking it from man), there will finally be a solution in sight for me.
That's really great, Necro. Writing it all down instead of bottling it up is a good idea.

You also need to learn that everything is only an extension of yourself and your own mind and there exists nothing that is independent from it - or else people would disagree with you and they never do....ever wonder about that?

It is because it's just your mind that exists in everybody else's head as well.

So, talk to yourself or talk to others, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. *sigh*