Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 19-03-2012, 03:01 PM
RiversLady

Loki can be compared with the many Native American trickster spirits. Try and look at it this way. You as a human being have a good side and a bad side, right? Well so do the higher ones. There is really nothing you can do if you were "tapped" by him. Enjoy this. He is a very smart, creative, and powerful being. He has his issues just like we do.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Saranda

How nice to find this thread. :) I have something to contribute to it too and I hope you don't mind me reviving an older discussion. After my father died I accepted it very well, but I still felt somewhat out of balance and I missed the feeling of having a patron, the role of which was played by Dad till his physical departure. So I called out to any guide that would be willing to take me under his guidance, trusting that the closest to my being would respond. Well, it was Loki. :) No surprise, frankly, I've always had the nature of a trickster...and now I'm one even more. :) He's been a powerful, firm and fun patron and I value his acceptance very much, although I've had comments from some people that he's not "light" enough for a spiritual path. Well, sue me. I'm not here for light, I'm here for being alive.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranda
He's been a powerful, firm and fun patron and I value his acceptance very much, although I've had comments from some people that he's not "light" enough for a spiritual path.

I think those who says things like that is missing light on their spiritual path because when we do talk about the path of the spiritual I think light means knowledge. I just think it is great you have found someone to help you on your path and Loki truly have alot to give to those who embrace him but my favourite of all tricksters is Hermes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Saranda

Hermes is a fun trickster to have around. :) Isn't it wonderful how we each can find (and be found by) somebody who fits our spiritual paths the best!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranda
Isn't it wonderful how we each can find (and be found by) somebody who fits our spiritual paths the best!

It truly is if I should claim to a patron it is Athena, though she is more of an older sister; though not long ago I had a dream where she became my soul mate. Also; for a long time I had Hades by my side teaching me in form of a Cat and these days my teachers are Zeus as a Snake and the Muse Thalia as a Badger. Though if anyone tries to mess with me they have to go through Athena
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Saranda

Morpheus and Tanathos are deities from the Greek pantheon with whom I have felt the deepest connection and contacted the most, but otherwise I am mostly connected to Nordic and my native - Latvian gods. Glad you have such good relationships with your patrons! :) I consider only Loki as my patron, a father figure so to say, others are my teachers and friends, but our paths are not that close.
Old 13-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Quagmire

I am not in any way adept with the Latvian Mythology and Deities, but am always glad to lent an ear. For the Norse, I do adore Idunn so very very very much I originate from the depth of Greek Mythology so there is my strongest link. I am also deeply connected with Norse Mythology, but at the moment I seem to focus alot on celtic/pre-celtic Mythology. I know I have had atleast two past lives among the Tuatha dé Danaan. But do you (or anyone) think there is a connection between Loki and Lugh?
Old 13-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
But do you (or anyone) think there is a connection between Loki and Lugh?
I've seen some people comparing Lugh and Loki as being related to each other, and there is are similarities to use in connecting them.

But, personally, I think Odin fits with Lugh better.

1) they both are associated with ravens
2) they both have a magical spear
3) they're associated with shapeshifting and various skills

I tried to find a good discussion about their similarities in Myths and Symbols in Pagan Europe, but had no luck looking through the index.

Anyhow, Loki is closely associated with Odin in Icelandic mythology, to the point where they're basically alteregos at times. So Lugh and Odin/Loki do share many traits mythologically.
Old 26-09-2012, 01:44 PM
RiversLady

Here in the USA Loki is getting another following. Most of us are sick to death of the choices offered to us for our next president. Someone came up with a cool write in candidate: Loki for president. Why choose between the lesser of 2 evils?
Old 16-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
But, personally, I think Odin fits with Lugh better.

Thanks for your wise words. Here not so long ago my head aligned Lugh with Wōden. So as far as I understand it, that would also align him with Odin.