Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Seeker
déjà vu

"The term déjà vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all."

I thought a thread for anyone to post on déjà vu or for those that have déjà vu. (I did do a search and didn't find anything, so I hope it isn't duplicated.)
Old 17-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Master
Hi,

I like that french term 'already seen'. It represents how the precognition for such things takes place better than most explanations.

I have had a number of these experiences over the years. I recall one from my teen years where I was on my way to an event with some one. They asked me what to expect. At first I said 'I do not know'. That statement for me triggered a precog moment where I quited exactly what a speaker would say to the person with me. At the event the speaker did say, word for word, exactly what I quoted him as saying. That friend I was with was so amazed. She said to this person, 'that is exactly what John said you would say'.

My best friend is a much better psychic precog than myself. She does these kinds of things constantly. I recall a business event she was required to attend with her collegues where she never made the travel plans or hotel reservations because she knew ahead of time the event would be cancelled and why. When things happened as she expected no one ever asked her how she knew.

My understanding is that the potentials are known for everything thing and that they reside in a 'field of awareness'. We can use telepathy, defined as a shared experience, with the field to experience what is potentially going to happen. Many of us have had precog like dreams like that. The hard part with dreams we do not like the outcome potential for is knowing why we got the dream or if that potential outcome can be influenced to be different than the projected likely outcome. My thinking is that in some instances we can do that.

This is an interesting topic for discussion. I would like to hear of more stories about it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 18-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Seeker
I'm not sure if it was a deja vu or not but it definitely felt it. Now, I do seem to have deja vus often. As I've never done this before, I found it odd and so I'm going to share it. (it's short and sweet)

Yesterday I had to sign a paper to send in. As I got my pen out and set it to the paper, I started to write another name. I kind of stopped and said out loud " what was that all about... " and just stared at it for some time. It was about two and a half letters down before I stopped. Although I've never done something like that, I had a feeling that i've already seen it before. It was familiar to me. So in that sense, I believe it can be considered a deja vu. :)
Old 18-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Master
The closest I got to deja vu happened when I watched a couple of tv shows that were days apart. One of the shows was a season finale which got wrecked for me because I remembered what generally happened and some specific scenes.

The other shows weren't season finales but they too were wrecked.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 18-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly1213
Yesterday I had to sign a paper to send in. As I got my pen out and set it to the paper, I started to write another name. I kind of stopped and said out loud " what was that all about... " and just stared at it for some time. It was about two and a half letters down before I stopped. Although I've never done something like that, I had a feeling that i've already seen it before. It was familiar to me. So in that sense, I believe it can be considered a deja vu. :)

Indeed "what was that all about". A very good question.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 01-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Seeker
not sure if this is a deja vu (again) I had my music on as i was cleaning up the house. My son was playing, he was getting into something he didn't need to be in. I said 'Colin, don't play with that.' My sons name is Cole.... this isn't the first time i've done this. I actually started to write 'Colin' on a christmas ornament i was making and i've called him 'Colin' before. I guess Cole and Colin are close enough
Old 01-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Master

One possibility is that in our dreams we have an astral foretaste of coming events. We may not consciously remember the details when we wake up, but when these events unfold in our waking life it triggers a memory. Somehow it is all familiar and we know what will happen next.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Master

One possibility is that in our dreams we have an astral foretaste of coming events. We may not consciously remember the details when we wake up, but when these events unfold in our waking life it triggers a memory. Somehow it is all familiar and we know what will happen next.

Whoops - deja vu!
Old 01-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Whoops - deja vu!

Hahahahaha! I love that!

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 07-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Seeker
Can deja vu go either way? What I experience seems to be a past I've once been a part of. But deja vu can also be future? or is that precognition...

thoughts?