Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 25-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
Yes i have guilt and anger when thoughts of the past play in my mind. It is repepitive in nature.

I'm going to help you out the best way I know how. I was given a lesson today that was given to me by my higher consciousness ( the Self) in a wierd way it was like what you are experiencing but different. I was meditating and suddenly my mind started talking back to me . I would say I'm fixing to meditate and the mind would say "no your not". " I'm going to have a great meditation" " no your not your going to fail'. It was kind of playful in nature but then it started irritating me. It went on for about 5 minutes then I remembered of course be present! And of course it worked like it always does. The negative thoughts subsided slowly and turned into whispers then vanished.

You have to be present with every cell of your body. Watching and observing your mind will help in the long run but the key is presence. Feeling your inner body would help alot to slow your mind down and create presence. Start by feeling the aliveness in your hands or feet. Put your feet on the floor and your hand on your lap or if you're standing your feet are touching the ground and your hands are hanging. Don't move them. Can you feel a subtle aliveness in your hands or feet without moving them? Stay with it. You might feel a tingling , vibration or numbing kind of feeling. This is your inner body energy field or just inner body. It is a doorway into presence. Keep practicing with your hands and feet and then move to other parts of the body until you can feel your whole body as one. About 2 years ago I put a reminder on my phone and it's still on my phone till this day but I don't need it anymore. It says "Stay Present All Day Long!". Every time I would see that reminder I would go into my inner body and be present fully conscious. Try to create gaps in the stream of thinking. No mind as they call it. Use all 5 of your senses to create presence. Hearing or listening to sounds is a great way to create presence. Listen to sounds in your house even if the TV is on listen for other sounds. Here is a walking sound meditation I use sometimes or while going for a walk. But I use it in the backyard mostly. For every couple of steps you take listen to one sound fully put all your awareness into that one sound and at the same time fully feel your feet touching the ground. Then after a couple of steps tune in to another sound fully. Block out other sounds. It takes some practice. But feel your feet and listen to the sound at the same time. Same thing with sight. While walking look at something , anything for a few steps. Then every few steps look at something different without labeling or describing the object and feel your feet fully. I hope some of this helps. Sorry for the long post buddy.

May you be safe from inner or outer harm.
May you be happy , loving and kind.
May you be strong and healthy.
May you live in peace and harmony.
Old 25-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Also I don't know if you know this or not or what your beliefs are but you can talk to your higher consciousness at any time to ask for guidance or help. Just ask from presence. Your higher consciousness can give you guidance and help you usually in the form of lessons and just things or gifts you will never see coming.