Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
LOL That is awesome! I tell you, if I ever visit Britain that is the first thing I'd have to try along with some tea. I'm not a drinker, but I'd have to try something from a pub too hahah!

Haha! I do hope you get the chance to visit our strange little island Where I'm sure you'd love our typical fish and chips or traditional pub lunch! Along with proper English tea :)

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 01-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
lol, sorry for the confusion

Awwww I promise there no need to apologise, as I do love our subtle cultural differences and if anything makes me feel all warm and fuzzy lol

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 02-05-2018, 12:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi, I don't have the appetite to eat anything other than chips during what I believe is my ascension. Anyone else also experience this? Its weird - just chips, no sweets. What's going on?
Getting back to "ascension" and its side effects ... What do you mean by ascension? What do experience besides the chips addiction? Why do you believe ascension is something you have to accomplish?
Old 02-05-2018, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
In England we call "chips" "crisps". They are geat fun if you're in a salty mood. But they make you feel like you're eating real food. They smell and taste like food, but they are providing very few nutrients. Yes they are nice to eat and I like them too sometimes.

Once I was bitten by a snake (weird time) and for three days could only eat chocolate and drank litres of water. Why chocolate? I have no idea. Instant energy and sugar I suppose. There are a few nutrients in chocolate but not many.
But that was all my body wanted or could tolerate during that crisis.
When the peak crisis passed I could eat food again.

Maybe there's something about the chips which you sort of need during some major change you are experiencing? It's okay for a few days.
It might be a "comfort food" thing? I don't know.

But as soon as you can, or feel able to, please do introduce proper food into your body as well. Maybe you could start with cooking (or even frying) up your favourite food. Ever had "bubble and squeak"? Wow, that is tasty. It is mashed potato mixed with chopped cooked cabbage, salt and seasoning, then you make patties and fry them. They are so tasty. It might be a start to eating real food.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:35 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Getting back to "ascension" and its side effects ... What do you mean by ascension? What do experience besides the chips addiction? Why do you believe ascension is something you have to accomplish?

I don't believe ascension is something I have to accomplish - it just happened to me (at least the way I see it). It was a series of events really that started in 2012 as a 22 year old - I was very unfulfilled on a personal level (mostly because I never made a good friend my entire life) despite having followed society's rules mostly to a t, then had an onset of psychosis and had to take meds. While this happened, I felt flat and disconnected from life. I assumed this was from the meds. This went on for two years (I did feel a little better progressively during this time, but still - mostly disconnected). This caused me to question my life philosophy as I never imagined it was possible to feel disconnected from life but during this time I also learned to value my brain (and intelligence) as I wasn't using it much during this time. I also had some experiences with psychics despite being a firm believer of science as a way of explaining all of life and then I met my twin flame. All of this caused me to risk everything and quit my job I had worked so hard for (which was a molecular biology technician - see I loved science so much). After quitting, I found myself disconnected from life again and questioning everything (and the disconnection was a feeling, it wasn't just a thought) and unable to read and stuff. This is what I assume is the ascension. I've read its like a purification process? I would describe it that way. And I've had changes in my appettite during this time (which I have also read happens during ascension). So I guess I'm asking to see if anyone has also experienced it? From what I've read though, people mostly start eating healthier, not the other way around. But I have read about having cravings for junk food also. So I guess I'm asking to see if anyone has had experience with this?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Ascender

Appetite changes can happen during Ascension, but can also be due to depression or any number of disorders. What other symptoms make you think it is Ascension?
I would agree with a lot of statements above, Ascension is about raising your vibration, that opens up the connection with higher entities, Higher Self and a higher wave of thought. It's also about overcoming living in the lower emotions.
It never ends but the symptoms when you go through heavy bulks of it do go away. The amount of time one spends in the big bulks of it seem to differ greatly depending on the person.
As for eating, when I went through the big bulk of it, I wanted to eat more. I had an appetite increase, weird how it affects everyone differently (assuming it's Ascension you are going through, and not depression. Or maybe it's both?). Not long before it happened to me, I started to eat much healthier than I had before.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi, I don't have the appetite to eat anything other than chips during what I believe is my ascension. Anyone else also experience this? Its weird - just chips, no sweets. What's going on?

i would eat foods from the produce isle. it could be as it is for others that once the body gets used to eating real food the cravings for things that are empty calories wont come about anymore.

i know for me i had to give up gluten due to a food allergy. giving up bread was no easy task. thankfully and unthabkfully i was so sick from the allergy the thought of how bad i felt made it easy.

once the body got used to no longer getting that in its system the desire fell away. these things are like drugs.

today i stay away from gluten because of my allergy but now also vegetable oils and sugar. i get a little of both. a little sugar from the dark chocolate i eat. and a little of the vegetable oils when every week or two i may have some chips or frys. the cravings for any of that isnt there. small amounts every week or two doesnt cause much problems for me.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 09-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:

Your rebelling on some level maybe?

Like you were made to eat all your vegies as a child and now as you progress to becoming more authentically you, you might be on some level telling yourself, I can eat what I want?

It may be part of breaking free as the conditioned self around food can be infiltrated by adults in ways we know little about until we remember..
Food like money often turns into one of our main conditioned sides as they are one of our main life matters.

On another note, sometimes the fact that it takes a lot of energy to move through changes on other levels, its sometimes easier to eat light and fast without too much fuss.

In time balance often shows you what becomes important in relation to food.

Through every shift within myself, food becomes an integral point of awareness for myself. I always notice that my body through the totality of mind/body/spirit connection, will often feed me downloads on what my body needs for that point of awareness.

You must be in chip awareness stage..lol.
I do recal when I was pregnant with my son, I craved fatty fried foods, so my body was probably calling out for healthier fats. Back then I wasn't too informed about what kind of fat might serve me better, but over time I can now see it could have. Awareness is a good learning tool as we learn, more about the choices that are available to us.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder