Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Spontaneous ap

I have had one ap experience. I had woken up early and meditated for an hour. After I was done I still had about an hour until I had to get ready for work and I was tired so I laid down to sleep a bit more. I started to fall peacefully asleep very quickly and right when I was at the point between being awake and a sleep, my body started to vibrate or hum or something, and all of a sudden I popped out of my body, much to my surprise. I was sitting in full lotus and just floating up towards my ceiling like a ballon. I was scared to float out of my ceiling into the sky, because I wasn't sure if I'd come back. I thought that maybe I had died or something. With much effort and concentration I prevented my astral body from floating away and was able to float where I wanted around the room (still in lotus position). I thought that I'd go see what my roommates were doing, so I tried to float through my door, but I got stuck in the middle of the door and couldn't get through, so I gave up and just floated round the room, looking at things. Then things started to get weird and distorted as if I was going into another dimension, but it still mostly looked like my room. I looked at a sticky note on the wall, it said, "Be careful!". Then I felt scared and wanted to go back into my body. I laid in my body, but nothing happened. I started to get scared. I couldn't go back. I yelled at my self, "Wake up!". Finally I went back into my body and woke up. I was pretty shaken and excited about my experience, but I wanted to sleep some more still. As so as I relaxed again I popped out of my body again. I went back in and woke up as I didn't want to astral project anymore, because it was weird and sort of scary. Everytime I tried to sleep I popped out, so after a few attempts and got up. That night the same thing happened. I almost didn't sleep at all because Everytime I started to sleep, I popped out! I couldn't control it, and it was really freaking me out, I didn't want to ap, but I couldn't stop it. This happened for about a week, and I got very sleep deprived from fighting it every night. Finally it stopped and I haven't astral projected since. I can still feel it, like I could do it if I wanted to, but I don't want to. It's just too scary.
Old 31-07-2014, 04:27 AM
Knower

This same thing happened to me years ago when I began meditating specifically for astral projection. Every time I'd lay down I got the same thing. I was astral projecting through meditation in the beginning purposefully a few times a day because the experiences through meditation had so much clarity and control compared to projecting through sleep. For awhile there I couldn't even lay down for a nap. My experiences when this would happen were NOT good. Thankfully it ended after a few weeks and everything went back to normal. After twenty + years of projecting through meditation here is a tip that I didn't know at the time if you want to end a projection, though. Close your eyes while in your projection, and fall backwards. It used to always work for me back when I needed a push to wake up. I know everyone is different when it comes to astral projection and not all things work for all people, because everyone's experiences are so different, but it's worth a shot if you're having trouble. Good luck!
Old 31-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Suspended

What kind of meditation were you both doing to bring this about??
Old 31-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Master
Hi Aubreyiris, embrace your gift. If you can conquer your fears, the astral projection will become a powerful tool to develop your awareness and knowledge.
Old 31-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I was scared to float out of my ceiling into the sky, because I wasn't sure if I'd come back

This won't happen.

You should go on a little journey and explore - you missed an opportunity. When it's time to return to your body this will happen:

Quote:
A tugging sensation felt at the upper center of your back.This is generally an inner signal to return to the physical.
Old 31-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
aubreyiris, I am envious! Seriously.
But I know that doesn't help you when you are excited and scared at the same time.
Scared because it feels like 'walking in another world'? Well it is, and it isn't! You go out of body every single night of your life, and always did do so. The only difference with an 'out-of-body-experience' is that we become consciously aware of it, instead of doing it unconsciously (as we have become conditioned to do in deep sleep.)
Also, our lives in physical bodies are only the tip of an iceberg. We spend the greater part of our existence as a Spirit -in the spirit realms!
I am saying all that because it might help to put it into perspective.

But there's no shame in being scared, because it is -for most people -an unusual sensation. But that may be the only reason you're scared.
Remember that once out of body you are immediately in a thought-responsive environment. It is not a dense place, such as the physical-body, where we can think/feel what we like, and nothing changes around us. When out of body, suddenly our inner thoughts, and emotions become realities. That may be the core fear you have (?)

But do not worry about not being able to get back to your body! This is a common fear, and totally unfounded. The only possible cause for that to happen would be if co-incidentally you happened to pass away right at that moment from a heart attack....etc. You will always be able to get back to your body, so long as you are physically alive, and not in a coma or something.
So try not to panic, because a panic state will not be helpful to you and will just scare you more. Please do embrace the adventure!
If you have something of a high vibration to focus on when out of body that will help you tremendously. A loved one who has passed on....some deep values you hold most dear....things of beauty and grace.....
But you must feel them deep inside you for them to be helpful. Pasted over fear won't help.

A little excited apprehension is okay, but full-on terrified is not helpful.
Maybe it's because it's the first time this happened to you? If so, you will get used to it.

If you want to have some nights when this doesn't happen, then make sure you fall into a deep sleep. Food before sleep might help, and being dog-tired.
It is typical that going out of body happens after sleeping only a short time, then getting up, then lying back down to go back to sleep. That is exactly how I first discovered astral projection! and at the time I didn't even believe in it! lol)
I have no idea why this happens, but it's the only way so far that I have found to be able to leave my body at will. It's possibly because the second sleep-phase is extremely light.
Though I find it -mostly -quite hard to do as I am so very dog-tired at night and sleep deeply naturally most of the time. I put an alarm on sometimes to make myself wake up at some godforsaken time and do astral projection....but many times I sleep through the alarm :(
Old 01-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Then things started to get weird and distorted as if I was going into another dimension, but it still mostly looked like my room. I looked at a sticky note on the wall, it said, "Be careful!".

What I think may of happened here is that you had an OBE but then after a while you started enter a cross over with a dream state, hence why things went distorted and weird at that point (It was your conscious mind letting go and bit and your subconscious mind coming in.

Cause you werent comfortable with this whole experience your subconsciousness then started manifesting stuff hence that "Be careful" note on the wall, due to your fears. When we are in a lucid dreaming state anything we are thinking, starts to impact on the environment we are in.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
You go out of body every single night of your life, and always did do so. The only difference with an 'out-of-body-experience' is that we become consciously aware of it, instead of doing it unconsciously (as we have become conditioned to do in deep sleep.)
Also, our lives in physical bodies are only the tip of an iceberg. We spend the greater part of our existence as a Spirit -in the spirit realms!

Remember that once out of body you are immediately in a thought-responsive environment. It is not a dense place, such as the physical-body, where we can think/feel what we like, and nothing changes around us. When out of body, suddenly our inner thoughts, and emotions become realities.

Hello Tobi good day. This is an excellent response to aubreyiris.
I have a doubt, I believe that every night we have OBEs while "dreaming", is this true? Are the lucid dreams only brain activity inside of our body or are they actually astral projections?
Old 05-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egadanadage
This same thing happened to me years ago when I began meditating specifically for astral projection. Every time I'd lay down I got the same thing. I was astral projecting through meditation in the beginning purposefully a few times a day because the experiences through meditation had so much clarity and control compared to projecting through sleep. For awhile there I couldn't even lay down for a nap. My experiences when this would happen were NOT good. Thankfully it ended after a few weeks and everything went back to normal. After twenty + years of projecting through meditation here is a tip that I didn't know at the time if you want to end a projection, though. Close your eyes while in your projection, and fall backwards. It used to always work for me back when I needed a push to wake up. I know everyone is different when it comes to astral projection and not all things work for all people, because everyone's experiences are so different, but it's worth a shot if you're having trouble. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. :)
Old 05-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
What kind of meditation were you both doing to bring this about??
I do Falun Dafa meditation. It's a traditional Buddha school practice out of china and it's very powerful. www.falundafa.org
Although the purpose of the practice in my understanding is to elevate ones heart and mind, it is pretty common to obtain certain abilities as a side effect, though it shouldn't be pursued. A lot of practitioners of Falun Gong, report leaving their bodies during meditation and traveling to different places. It so common that our teacher has warned us (not exact words) to make sure not to be attached to those places that we find very beautiful and stay there.

I know I shouldn't be afraid of this, after all I didn't pursue it and it just happened naturally, but I guess the fear came from knowing that I was exploring the non physical world, where who knows what may be lurking. Before I started practicing Falun Dafa, I had many horrifying paranormal experiences. I won't go into that now, but I encountered some very scary things. After I started practicing Falun Dafa, all that was cleared up and I was no longer bothered by those things, except for very occasionally, in which case I would know how to get rid of them or I would get help from higher powers if needed. But still, I feel more secure when dealing with these things from my physical body. When I was in my astral body, I felt more vulnerable for some reason. I do know that the energy of fear can also attract bad things too, but its not easy to talk myself out of that fear. I thought about astral projecting last time I meditated, but I just still didn't feel comfortable enough to let it happen. I know that it's my own fear that I have to conquer eventually.