Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-06-2014, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Suzy who are you tell me one of my experiences was not real first off? Not that it matters but I guarantee I have had several times more projections and lucid dreams than you have, I am more than capable of judging and determining for myself what is fake and what is real. Secondly just because in your opinion lucid dreams are not real doesn't mean you're right nor does it mean that is anything remotely close to the truth. In your experience your lucid dreams might be reflections, illusions, and manifestations of your mind which wouldn't surprise me due to your fantasized view of what the astral is and your exaggerated belief that your mind controls entire worlds and all of the beings in it. But just because your experiences are illusions and manifestations of your mind certainly doesn't mean that mine or anyone else's are.
You said you were lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is dreaming. Lucid dreaming means it is not real. That is the definition. Do you believe dreams are real? You do not sound very nice by saying " In your experience your lucid dreams might be reflections, illusions, and manifestations of your mind which wouldn't surprise me due to your fantasized view of what the astral is and your exaggerated belief that your mind controls entire worlds and all of the beings in it. But just because your experiences are illusions and manifestations of your mind certainly doesn't mean that mine or anyone else's are".
I do not have a belief that my mind controls worlds and beings. I never think about it. Remember what the moderators say, be nice in the forum. It is a forum for discussion, not attacking people.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:22 AM
Master

This is from dictionary.com. You can look it up for yourself.
Main Entry: lucid dream Part of Speech: n Definition: a dream state in which one is conscious enough to recognize that one is in the dream state and which stays in one's memory
Old 08-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
1) The difference is that I am capable of accepting and dealing with when something "negative" happens in my dreams and projections and obviously you are not, which is why you simply say "it was not real" instead of being brave and facing and learning from it.

2) I prefer to learn from my experiences and grow from them instead of babying myself and convincing myself that it was "from my mind" or that "it was not real." I'm sorry that you feel the way you feel about my experiences because your opinion is preventing you from learning anything from them. It probably doesn't matter though since I doubt you would want to learn from them anyways since I don't lie and convince myself something I am not brave enough to face or deal with isn't real, since I don't ignorantly believe that thinking about something means I will experience it, or since I am not delusional and think that my mind controls entire worlds. Honestly I feel sorry for the way you view the astral and what you think it is but it's not my place to try and teach you nor would I want to waste my time in doing so. I know it would fall on deaf ears and you would reject anything I said that doesn't coincide with your imaginary astral world that only exists inside of your mind. It's one thing to say what you thought about my experience but it's a completely different thing to say "it was not real." I would be willing to stake anything on the fact that I have more "real" lucid dreams in one night than you have "real" projections in an entire month. So let's just leave it at that...

1) As I said before I am an honest person so I will tell you the truth. Occasionally I do have bad dreams and awful things happen. I wake up and I think why did I dream that. What can I learn from it. My answer is I am listening to too much bad news and that is why I dreamed it. I will have to stop watching the news. Of course, I will watch it but not as much.

2) You sound angry. What you say, is not true.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaas
I recently encountered a strange entity in the Astral Plane. This entity was tall (easily seven feet tall), wore a black suit, and a hat like those that were popular in Victorian era England. It also had an antique pocket watch that it would occasionally glance at as if checking the time. Although it gave off an aura of palatable dread, I courageously stood my ground, which this thing off. It started pulling in energy and making itself physically larger (it easily grew another 2-3 feet in height) in an attempt to intimidate me. For some reason, almost instinctively, I suddenly found myself drawing a banishing earth pentagram in front of myself and shouting Adonai. This actually drove the entity backward a few feet and seemingly stunned it. I took this opportunity to make my escape from the Astral Plane. Do you have any clue what this thing might have been? And why the heck would it come after me?

It sounds like Lamaas, that you had a natural instinct in dealing with this entity......good for you.....feel blessed you have your own natural inbuilt safeguards....
As for some of the other responses to your thread.....well...
Sounds like scenes from some anime cartoon filled with gobbledegoop....sorry dudes, but all the attacking of each other really takes away any credibility you may have, well for me at any rate.....
Old 09-06-2014, 12:52 AM
CNC

Lucid dreams are far more than dreams, that much I know. The reason being is you can turn them into AP, but when you do you are already OOB...so something happens during them that involves AP before we control conciousness of it. The LD you turn into AP always seem to have strong parallel worlds vibes going also, I am starting to wonder if parallel worlds doubles AP through our dreams or conciousness somehow when things like this happen, might not be all about us you know :)

My conclusions, LD equals unconcious or semi concious AP. Dont believe me, next time you have one immediately meditate instead of doing whatever compulsive action you normally do and watch what happens, you will soon turn it to AP...but how did you initially get out?
Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well, in my own experience I have found that deep mindset (subconscious) and desires definitely do shape the type of environment and type of encounters. These desires are not necessarily things we'd like, or things we 'wish'...they are like a driving engine inside us leading us to where we need to learn most, or experience most, at the time.

I've found (personally) lucid dreaming to be a kind of threshold. Options are available there. They have a foot in both worlds, so to speak. It all depends on how 'conscious' we are capable of becoming when we realise we are lucid in a dream. Nice 'wow' moment, which can lead to being very clear, or can fizzle out back into a dream again. Like balancing on something.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
You said you were lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is dreaming. Lucid dreaming means it is not real. That is the definition. Do you believe dreams are real? You do not sound very nice by saying " In your experience your lucid dreams might be reflections, illusions, and manifestations of your mind which wouldn't surprise me due to your fantasized view of what the astral is and your exaggerated belief that your mind controls entire worlds and all of the beings in it. But just because your experiences are illusions and manifestations of your mind certainly doesn't mean that mine or anyone else's are".
I do not have a belief that my mind controls worlds and beings. I never think about it. Remember what the moderators say, be nice in the forum. It is a forum for discussion, not attacking people.
"Lucid dreaming is not real" is nothing more than your opinion and in my opinion based off of thousands of lucid dreams and years of experience it's clear to me that opinion is invalid. I don't know who, why, or how you think you are capable of being the judge for others whether lucid dreaming or their experiences are real or fake. It's clear to me you can't even tell the difference between what is real and fake in your own experiences so please excuse me if I don't take your opinion as anything more than that. Instead of quoting what the moderators say you should learn how to take your own advice because I said absolutely nothing to you, I was sharing a "real" story of what happened with someone else and you rudely jumped in saying "you said it was a dream, dreams are not real" like you can or even have the right to tell someone else whether their dreams are real or not. It's beyond ignorant and rude to try and tell someone else that their experiences are not real so stop being a hypocrite. It's clear to me by your questions and statements in these forums that you are struggling to begin to understand what is real and what is fake in dreams and projections and so I honestly don't know how you get off trying to tell someone else their experience was not real.

Dreaming and astral projection occur in the exact same bodies and the exact same realms, dimensions, and worlds. And so by broadly saying "lucid dreaming means it is not real" means that you have shut your mind off from anything other than what you want to think which is not surprising to me one bit, but that certainly doesn't mean you are correct. I know for a fact proven literally hundreds of times over by my own personal experiences (not the experiences of someone else such as William Buhlman) that dreams and projections are practically the exact same thing. My entire belief system and ideology regarding lucid dreaming and astral projection is based off of my own personal experiences and not something I read in a book written by William Buhlman. If I wanted to hear William Buhlman's opinion on what lucid dreaming is or is not I would read his book but I have no interest in doing so because I have seen people quoting stuff from his book on several occasions and it is blatantly clear to me that he has no clue what he is really talking about and is likely just selling the garbage he calls a book for money and nothing more.

Even if you were correct in your analysis that dreams are not real that would mean that astral projection is not real. But fortunately I know for a fact and have proven it more times than I can count to myself that dreams are just as real as projections. Lucid dreaming does not mean it is not real, lucid dreaming means it was a dream that was lucid. Whatever other associations you make with lucid dreaming are just your opinion at this point. Quoting a dictionary on what lucid dreaming supposedly is means nothing. Do you think whoever wrote and added definitions into a dictionary spent their time lucid dreaming and astral projecting? You might as well be quoting a beauty pageant queen on the rules of football because it would be practically the same thing. Spirituality and spiritual activities such as lucid dreaming and astral projection cannot be defined by a few words or sentences in a dictionary. They can attempt to do so but it will be purely speculation and a matter of opinion no different than your opinion on what lucid dreaming is. If there was a spiritual dictionary written by someone with years of experience lucid dreaming and astral projection it would be a different story, but it doesn't exist so quoting a dictionary in this matter is a complete waste of time.

I could sit here and literally name hundreds of experiences and occurrences that proved to me lucid dreaming is 100% completely real but it would be a waste of time because you have chosen to believe only what William Buhlman writes and nothing more. That's your choice and you're free to make it but I surely hope you don't think that means that you or he is right in every matter. If you don't want people to "sound rude" then don't make ignorant and rude statements regarding their experiences then act like a hypocrite and call them rude. I could easily sit here and tell you how I know that your experiences aren't real due to your cossetted beliefs that your mind created anything you're not brave enough to face and deal with, that when someone experiences something "negative" it is because they thought about it or because they're a "negative" person. All of that is just silly fabrications created by people who are incapable of facing the truth and need to lie to themselves to create a false sense of security. But I wasn't the one who rudely responded to one of your personal experiences claiming it was not real was I? Perhaps in the future I will though so you can have a taste of your own vile medicine...
Old 09-06-2014, 03:43 AM
CNC

I worked as a personal trainer for many many years, the thing about personal training is, you become much more than just a trainer. Lots of chit chat about other stuff comes up and you start to get to know them as a friend, even though you will never hang out with them, etc.. you start to care about their opinion of you and want them to like and apreciate you.

Eventually, it never fails, a client will say something, that makes you feel like you dont know what you are talking about and not let it go. It is one of the worst feelings ever because you think of all the time you wasted helpimg them, and thats the thanks you get. I lost many friendships from not being able to hold back because I took it as an attack on everything I stood for, and honestly it was. Fitness was my life and all of a sudden, this person was trying to tell me how it works...

The bottom line is I realized the reason I got so mad is they were not just some mindless sheep anymore, they were someone I felt should like and support me even if they didnt agree with me. I learned a lot from that job (but guilty of not always remembering it of course) I'll tell you what I do remember.... It aint worth it guys :)
Old 09-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Master
Yes Astral explorer I'm agree with you, we must be careful while flying or using any other magical ability, this could attract more attention of the astral entities.

AstralSuzy I've experienced that when the physical body is sleeping the consciousness goes to the Astral body, so whenever we're dreaming we're using the astral body. We may have an OBE through both, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projection. This is only my opinion, which could be wrong :) There is an old egypt phrase "All is half true", this means that everything is true but at the same time is false, it depends on the context.

I'm agree with Lynn about the Reality, I have experienced more real events while Astral Projecting than here in the material world.

If you identify Astral Projectors who want to damage you, you can wake them up by touching them in the 3rd eye, with more practice you can do it only with a thought.

Good Luck and Have Fun !

Last edited by Lucyan28 : 09-06-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Master

On a forum we should be able to have opinions and say what we like without being nasty. If people do not agree with me that is fine. It does not matter. We should not get upset and angry and attacking each other. If people accepted one another and their views the world would be a much better place.