Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Mystic Blaze

Question What was that all about? (a question about sudden panic)

I'm just posting on here because this really was/is odd for me, and I'm looking for insights. This morning I woke up a bit earlier than I intended too. (Off work today, no big plans, and I intended to sleep in a bit longer.) As soon as I work up though I looked at the clock and still tired and seeing no reason to get up, I decided to roll over and lay in bed a while. I must have been far more tired than I though or something because almost as soon as I thought that, I started too doze off again. I was however instantly aware that I was not falling asleep "right" or completely. Within a very short time I had the felling of falling and spinning, yet still in my bed. I was getting almost dizzy feeling, and trying to move was suddenly far more complicated. I didn't feel fully attached to or within my physical body, and yet |I was just as completely aware of it and it's position in my bed. Strangely in that instant I thought that the way I was laying could not possibly be comfortable and I struggled to move to a different position. As soon as I'd succeeded in moving though, it all just got worse. Suddenly I was completely aware somehow of the possibility that I would take off completely away from my body, and it occurred to me fully that that was the very LAST thing I wanted to let happen at the moment. I didn't feel right. I was panicked, and dizzy and, lacking control. I certainly hadn't been trying on purpose at that point, and I suddenly wondered vividly what on Earth I had been thinking to try this on purpose at other times.

Well I woke myself right up quickly and instantly I climbed out of bed and stood with my feet firmly on the floor. I was still so freaked out by who only knows what exactly. I could not even imagine getting back into bed and tryingf to get a bit more sleep. No way. I got dressed and went on to start the day. Even typing this now an hour later, I still feel quite startled and I still can't quite put my finger on what exactly caused that complete panic. I still can't imagine having to go back to sleep. I'm just thankfully this wasn't two am or some crazy hour because then I could have been up all night. I'm just as thankful it was daylight out side. I'm an adult woman. I live on my own and have for years. I hold a job and have a life. Yet here I am admitting to basically being so freaked out of something that I couldn't go to sleep again after that.

So that leads me to ask a question that this whole thing brought me to wonder after |'d finally managed to think clearly. I know I have come close to projecting before. Actually when I think it over I realized I have been much closer than I might have been today. I've been close to it and instead of completely panicking to the point where i can't go back to sleep, I've simply found it all amazing. Some experiences have been almost fun in away. What the heck made me completely lose it this time? Furthermore I feel like it should have known better than to suddenly panic like that. I've been into this subject for years? I know I should know better. This was a BIG set back in my attempts and Ii know that. I'm sure I will change my mind again at a later date and decide to try again, but at this moment I have to admit to thinking I may be done with this whole subject by my own choice. Or at least I may not ever try it again myself. This is ridiculous. I don't even know what exactly scared me this bad. It was nothing truly obvious or clear that would have done it.

I have to admit that by now, as I've gotten to the end of my post, I feel quite silly on top of everything else. Yet I can't help my feelings or reactions and I am very curious about this. If someone happened to have some advice or insight for me I would be most thankful.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Don't be too upset. We get good experiences and sometimes we get confusing ones. It's not the end of the world. Delete it if you can, and don't be scared of trying again. It could have been because your consciousness was a bit scrambled, and dream-like things were overlayed with semi-consciousness. Try not to worry. I had some weird things happen in the past, too, now and again.