Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 23-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Master
Pendulum technique

Just wondering what technique people here use to get a session with their pendulum started.

I have a friend who sits in a chair. ...feet flat on the floor....she holds it in front of her unsupported with a bent elbow and relaxed wrist. ....whirls it around clockwise to get it going while concentrating on her question.....then lets it whind down till the motion becomes back and forth..."yes" ......or side to side..."no"......I have personally watched her do it this way and have witnessed just how accurate she can be......

I was taught to sit relaxed in a chair. ....elbow supported on the table in front of me ...arm and wrist relaxed and wrist bent over holding the pendulum......starting from a dead resting pendulum. ...concentrate on the question and waiting for the pendulum to get going ....seemingly on its own till its motion gives and obvious answer. .

This has proven to be very accurate for me....just different from the way my ...frankly far more experienced lady friend does it. ....

Anyone else have a particular technique to share
Old 23-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Experiencer

I speak from a completely inexperienced point of view, as I've only just started. I sit on my bed cross legged, wrap the chain round my hand a little, then start with a still pendulum. I ask it to show me a yes, then a no. Then I ask the questions. It's probably wrong, maybe I'll find out.
Old 23-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light lady
I speak from a completely inexperienced point of view, as I've only just started. I sit on my bed cross legged, wrap the chain round my hand a little, then start with a still pendulum. I ask it to show me a yes, then a no. Then I ask the questions. It's probably wrong, maybe I'll find out.

So you start with a still pendulum...as do I.....the only difference is my elbow is supported by a table and yours is not....

I started trying sitting and starting out with a still pendulum but holding it in front of me...elbow unsupported...... and the results to known questions is 100%

I've also since tried my very experienced lady friends method and I've got to admit....it works and it seems to get down to a defining motion/answer quickly....more quickly than starting from a still pendulum...she's a professional psychic and spiritual counselor....a very good one and perhaps speed fits her needs as she's busy!

Light lady...I doubt there's anything wrong with your technique as long as your sitting position is stable and you get the correct answers to known questions before asking unknown ones....if it works for you...that's all that matters!

As someone who just discovered divining with a pendulum about a month ago...I'm still learning too but I've got to say the results have been amazing!
Old 18-06-2016, 03:41 AM
Newbie ;)

magnetic fields

Do any of you know if a pendulum can detect magnetic fields. I suppose a ferrous metal one might be needed but I'm not really sure. A friend has a field with weird energy you an sort of feel it as you walk his field. There are no power lines above or buried. I have used a magnetometer without any real results. Dowsing isn't working so far. I'm a beginner and may need more time dowsing, but for now I'm trying to map magnetic fields. Thanks!
Old 18-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Guide
Ellister, You might want to try dowsing rods instead of a pendulum. They seem to work better than a pendulum for finding things like this. The best part of rods is that you can make them at home from a wire coat hanger. :)

Just go on youtube and put in how to make dowsing rods they will show you step by step. You might also while you are there, check out how to dowse for magnetic fields. There are lot of great vids up there. I go all the time to check them out to see if any new techneques have come to light and save money. lol
Old 18-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Guide
Lucky & Light Lady, hey, that could be a great username, Lucky Light Lady. LOL

Anyway, you'll have to forgive me, I'm in one of my fun moods today. The reason I thought to send another message is because I wished someone would of told me this when I first picked up a pendulum. It would of saved me a lot of grief. Always do your white light of protection before you dowse and always, always, always, disconnect to shut everything down. This is a simple technique you merely program your pendulum to show you a disconnect swing. Then when you are done, simply tell the pendulum to "disconnect and close as this session is now over." Then wait until it goes through it's disconnect to come to a full stop.

You should also program it for the "stop" command. I use this before I tell it my disconnect speech. I have also programmed mine to show me directions. Forward, backward, left and right. This way should I ever get lost, I can hope it will help me find my way home. After you program it and know the swings, take it out for a test drive in an area you won't get lost in and follow it to see if it really does help you find your way home. This technique is also helpful to find lost objects. If you suspect it is in your home, draw a layout plan. It does not have to be elaborate. A simple flat plan using boxes drawn on a piece of paper will do. Name the rooms (including any closets) hold the pendulum above each room then ask it "Is (insert name of object here) in this room?' Then continue until you get a hit, next go into the room and use the left, right, forward, back commands to zero in on the object. The reason I inserted closets, is that I forgot this once and it took me a little longer to find it. lol

You can also use your pendulum to see what is good for you to eat or drink. This is the test I would recommend first. Take two glasses of water, one of ordinary tap water and the other of bottled water. Place the pendulum over each glass and ask it. "Is this water good for me?" notice it's swing, then do the exact same thing over the other water. If you think you will get confused because you become distracted by anything, like nosy cats or dogs,( I speak from experience here) then put a sticker on the bottom of the glass, but where you can't see it and test this glass's result. This is a fun test and and an eyeopener too. Oh yeah, if you are ever out looking for water and it's for drinking say "potable water" otherwise it will just find any water. Hope this tiny tutorial helps you ladies?
Old 01-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Master
Soooo......after working with my pendulum for a couple of months now......It seems to me that the best way to get accurate answers is to ask questions that start with "will" rather than asking questions that start with " Is" or "are"

Such as " will such and such happen"
Questions like "is this how it will happen" seem to give suspect results.

Seems to me that thinking carefully about your question and how to ask it is important!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 05-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Soooo......after working with my pendulum for a couple of months now......It seems to me that the best way to get accurate answers is to ask questions that start with "will" rather than asking questions that start with " Is" or "are"

Such as " will such and such happen"
Questions like "is this how it will happen" seem to give suspect results.

Seems to me that thinking carefully about your question and how to ask it is important!

This couldn't be more important, the pendulum is a very literal creature so working with your exact wording for a question is super important, sometimes I'll sit for 5 minutes rephrasing questions until I feel they are right, and if it's something really important (like readings on the forum for example ) then I will write it down in front of me. Never use the word 'should', and always be polite and say your thanks at the end of the Q&A...
Old 05-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Seeker

Re technique, I was taught to hold the end of the pendulum chain in the first finger and thumb of one hand, and hold the other hand, palm upwards, just below the bottom of the pendulum. This works fine, and I can now also get the pendulum to work without my other hand below it. I'm also going to try suspending my pendulum remotely, when I can find somewhere convenient to hang it!
Re questions, I often try different ways of asking questions, and am now beginning to understand which ones give the truer response.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Guide
Rain, check out your local Goodwill type stores for a banana holder to use to suspend it from. Will look forward to see what happens when you do. You can also place it on the end of coat hanger hook if you can find a way to suspend that. The banana one seems to be the best though as my place doesn't have anything I can use to suspend the coat hanger from. Still checking out the stores, one's will show up I'm sure. lol