Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Guide

Partcially astral? Or imagination?

Yes well I was wondering whether or not it counts as partcial AP or not.

A few times this month I felt sad or bored so I pretended my cats were around, and without even moving my hand I pretended to pet them and then I feel this swaying motion where my hand is. Like my hand is moving to pet something but I'm not moving my hand at all.

I've also done it on several different things. I'd pretend to pet a dragon, to feel what a dragons skin feels like, or to feel how soft a tigers fur feels like. Sometimes it really feels like I'm really petting something. Dragons skin feels like as if your feeling cold water, kinda like snakes skin only smoother and very soft even though it's not fur. And tigers fur feels very soft but prickly at the same time.
Old 28-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Guide
Hopefully, one of the experts will chime in, in the meantime .....I'm not sure what the common definition of partial ap is, but irregardless it sounds like you are becoming familiar with your energy body.

If it helps any, I highly recommend Robert Bruce's books, on ap, or energy work, as what you are doing reminds me of what he wrote about, except in his book he wrote about energy balls whereas you have energy cats.

Eitherway, cool and congratulations!
Old 28-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Pathfinder
I've had partial AP where I know I'm laying in my bed... and I move my "leg".... but my real leg sure than hell didn't move! I'm not all that sure about the petting stuff being astral projection or what not. No real opinion on that as I haven't purposely moved my astral limbs. It happened more as an accident for me, trying to move a limb and instead moved my astral body.
Old 28-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Master
False Awakening... This practice of 'pretending' to move your hand and subtly feel that even though you physical hand isn't moving, is a good way of becoming aware in your astral body as distinct from the physical.

From this you may find it easier to 'imagine' yourself lifting above your body... then heading off to some target you've chosen ahead of time. It's a good ap technique.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 28-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
Yes well I was wondering whether or not it counts as partcial AP or not.

A few times this month I felt sad or bored so I pretended my cats were around, and without even moving my hand I pretended to pet them and then I feel this swaying motion where my hand is. Like my hand is moving to pet something but I'm not moving my hand at all.

I've also done it on several different things. I'd pretend to pet a dragon, to feel what a dragons skin feels like, or to feel how soft a tigers fur feels like. Sometimes it really feels like I'm really petting something. Dragons skin feels like as if your feeling cold water, kinda like snakes skin only smoother and very soft even though it's not fur. And tigers fur feels very soft but prickly at the same time.

In my opinion there is no such thing as partial Astral Projection, projecting is like being pregnant. What I mean is you are either projecting or you are not, there is no in-between. I divide the line like this... An OOBE is when you leave your physical body but remain in the RTZ (Real Time Zone) and Astral Projection is when you leave your body and go into the Astral planes, dreaming is also Astral Projection you just don't typically recall the exiting of your body.

Many of times I have moved around in one of my subtle bodies and my physical body did not move. Your consciousness is inside one of your subtle bodies and no longer in your physical body, this is what is required for Astral Projection but unless from there you leave your physical body it is not considered an OOBE or a projection. Imagining you are petting something and feeling it would not be considered a projection unless you are doing it inside of a dream or are doing after you have left your body and entered the planes. If you did it inside of the RTZ it would be considered an OOBE.

Now these are how I define my terms and not everybody will define them the same as I do. But I don't think anyone could argue the fact that unless you leave your physical body either through meditation or sleeping it cannot be considered a projection. It sounds like to me you are just playing with your sense of touch during meditation which is something totally different, if anything it could be compared to Remote Viewing but instead of viewing would be touching. But still with Remote Viewing your consciousness leaves your body as a point of consciousness and not a subtle body. I am not sure if you are leaving your body during this touching sensation.
Old 31-08-2012, 05:21 AM
cleanheart82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintkiss
I've had partial AP where I know I'm laying in my bed... and I move my "leg".... but my real leg sure than hell didn't move! I'm not all that sure about the petting stuff being astral projection or what not. No real opinion on that as I haven't purposely moved my astral limbs. It happened more as an accident for me, trying to move a limb and instead moved my astral body.

this is how ive been trying to get out. but if my leg get unglued, and i can get the other unglued. i try and swing them hard, but my body will not go. same thing if my arms come unglued first. i would try to pull myself out, but when i concentrate on my hands, everything becomes physical again. i cannot wait to fly free!
Old 31-08-2012, 06:44 AM
LucidNinja

ur right about tigers fur, ive petted one... not soft and cuddly!
Old 31-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanheart82
this is how ive been trying to get out. but if my leg get unglued, and i can get the other unglued. i try and swing them hard, but my body will not go. same thing if my arms come unglued first. i would try to pull myself out, but when i concentrate on my hands, everything becomes physical again. i cannot wait to fly free!

cleanheart... If you've remember that movement is different in the astral than the physical you can develop a different approach.

In the astral we don't move by effort and struggle but by clear intention in the mind. You just think of a place or person and you're there... well usually.

Next time try taking a step back, then just intending to easily float up out of your body, then intending to go to a specific target spot you've chosen ahead of time. Once you've gotten got good at this you may intend to fly free... and just do it.

Xan