Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-10-2019, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Anala, does yours relate to stress, or any triggers?

Janielee,
I think some is barometric pressure, we had a big storm last winter and I thought my head would explode.

Altair,
Quote:
Triggers I found can be stress, not drinking enough water

Water, stress and sleep are probably my big three. Usually I get clusters of migraines after a stressful event.

I have tried the pressure points, it works for some headaches and melatonin for the stabbed headache with a good night sleep, works for me.

But migraines are different. The video on this thread was helpful in explaining! As I have always felt slightly “slowed down” after a migraine.

I have done acupuncture. It definitely depends on the practitioner

I have a low tolerance for medications. So, for me it is a last resort.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:12 PM
janielee

Thanks Altair, and sorry to hear that you suffer from migraines
Old 22-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Headaches and migraines

A migraine is a type of primary headache disorder that can cause severe pain and other symptoms. ... Migraine can cause intense, throbbing headaches that last anywhere from a few hours to several days. A migraine headache usually affects one side of the head, but some people experience pain on both sides.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Guide
I tend to get them a lot more during the winter time, because there's less sunlight. So I always try to go outside and go for a short walk, so I can get as much sunlight as I can. If I get ever a migraine, I simply lay down, turn the lights off and drink plenty of water.
Old 27-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Master
I've made an important realization in understanding one of my migraine triggers. In the past I would get them after visiting Chinese restaurants, but also when eating soups such as tomato soup. It's the sodium glutamate. I'm with my family during the holidays and one meal caused me a headache, and only afterwards was I told there was E621 in it (sodium glutamate). With this realization I can reject the idea that this is merely psychological, i.e. ''knowing something will trigger you makes it real'', as I had no clue it was in the meal. Apparently the wiki page mentions that blind tests have found no relationship between headaches and this substance but it does in my case.

Other foods (besides tomato soup) that, in the past, would give me migraines were smoked fish and some chocolates.

I also noticed I hardly got any issues in these colder months. In summer I get more which is probably me getting carried away not drinking enough on hot days. Finding another culprit in these colder months is a wonderful realization.