Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Eelco

For me?

I think I had something to share.
A few people peak my interest so I stuck around.

Then I get into a few misunderstandings and remember..
Thanks Raziel for putting it so clearly.
Shivani.. take care. Maybe another time and place. I'm off.

With Love
Eelco
Old 09-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I noticed your edit after my previous reply, so I shall elaborate.

In regards to Brahman (the Absolute) everything is so-called "Spiritual Fan Fiction" and we even have a term for it...it's called Maya - illusion.

We can see it as being such...acknowledge it as being such, but the trick is to rise above it through awareness of it and not allow oneself to be caught up in the little 'mind games' she plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsquotl
For me?

With Love
Eelco

"I'll ... be ... right .. here"

Finger lights up - points to Shivani & Catsquatls hearts.

Doo doo do do do doo doooo ..

Spaceship ascends ....

Fade to black

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 09-03-2018, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
For me?

With Love
Eelco
You will be missed, my friend and I'm sorry this eventuated, but I fully understand you as there have been many a time I would have taken the same approach....and, for what a stupid smiley is worth >

Maybe just have a break for a month or three and see how it goes, but the door is always open for you here.

Personally, I'll be spending less time on SF, because I realise there's a whole wide world (and internet) existing beyond it.

I love you and you take care too.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Kinda the same for me - I see lots of recycling or plagiarised thinking.

Self indoctrination with no willingness to accept other options, possibilities or brainstorm.

Perceived power by the insecure at the expense of all else.

Speak in riddles because straight talk leads to actual facts not just feelings.

Its akin to a party of explorers trekking through a jungle -with some insisting on not breaking branches..

There has been a lot of this lately and most often, people will just copypaste and run.

However and that being said, there are forum rules also against this and need to be pointed out to staff to prevent one-sided arguments which consist of nothing more than walls of text (bonus points if you can provide the source of plagiarised material).

There is a great example I will share about all this to illustrate how ludicrous it all is.

Yes, I am a Hindu and I use that terminology and reference because I can relate well on that level, whereas a non-Hindu may find it very difficult.

Even though I am open to new ideas, I am not open to totally dropping what I believe in, what has served me well just because another's view serves them and they believe it will serve me too.

I am totally tolerant and open, but not at the expense of betraying my core...my own heart and if a person, for example says "stop loving Shiva and love Jesus instead" that would be something I have no conscious control over...it would be like telling the sun not to shine.

Having said that, not only am I a devotee of Shiva, but I'm what's also called an Advaita Vedantin which means that I am a also a non-dualist.

The term Advaita means 'non-duality' and yet, some in the school classify Advaita into Neo-Advaita and Traditional Advaita which is, of course duality. lol

I've argued about it, but there's no point.

There is a big secret...everything IS subjective until the time we physically die...and then Karma will decide who is going to be up for another ride on the 'squidgy human train' and who's going to jump off at 'Moksha station' and only the Divine knows it...so all one can do is say "yep...whatever...we'll see what Yama has to say about all your 'beliefs' when that time comes".

Fade To Black - Metallica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRY3SsozuM
Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There has been a lot of this lately and most often, people will just copypaste and run.

However and that being said, there are forum rules also against this and need to be pointed out to staff to prevent one-sided arguments which consist of nothing more than walls of text (bonus points if you can provide the source of plagiarised material).

There is a great example I will share about all this to illustrate how ludicrous it all is.

Yes, I am a Hindu and I use that terminology and reference because I can relate well on that level, whereas a non-Hindu may find it very difficult.

Even though I am open to new ideas, I am not open to totally dropping what I believe in, what has served me well just because another's view serves them and they believe it will serve me too.

I am totally tolerant and open, but not at the expense of betraying my core...my own heart and if a person, for example says "stop loving Shiva and love Jesus instead" that would be something I have no conscious control over...it would be like telling the sun not to shine.

Having said that, not only am I a devotee of Shiva, but I'm what's also called an Advaita Vedantin which means that I am a also a non-dualist.

The term Advaita means 'non-duality' and yet, some in the school classify Advaita into Neo-Advaita and Traditional Advaita which is, of course duality. lol

I've argued about it, but there's no point.

There is a big secret...everything IS subjective until the time we physically die...and then Karma will decide who is going to be up for another ride on the 'squidgy human train' and who's going to jump off at 'Moksha station' and only the Divine knows it...so all one can do is say "yep...whatever...we'll see what Yama has to say about all your 'beliefs' when that time comes".

Fade To Black - Metallica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRY3SsozuM

No leaf clover
is my Spiritual Metallica song ... Fuel too

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Is just a freight train coming your way .."

I also discovered the phrase "Carpe Diem" via the band too.

Seize the day/ make the most of this present time.

All my Gods are Gods of Rock the amusing part is that essentially God/life/the universe created the guitar!

That's how I picture God - the ultimate front man - the show stopper, knows he's got all of the tools & shares it with an adoring audience ... touching each one on an individual level...

\m/ \m/

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 09-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Eelco

Quote:
[b]

That's how I picture God - the ultimate front man - the show stopper, knows he's got all of the tools & shares it with an adoring audience ... touching each one on an individual level...

\m/ \m/

He Is.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:

No leaf clover
is my Spiritual Metallica song ... Fuel too

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Is just a freight train coming your way .."

I also discovered the phrase "Carpe Diem" via the band too.

Seize the day/ make the most of this present time.

All my Gods are Gods of Rock the amusing part is that essentially God/life/the universe created the guitar!

\m/ \m/
You have touched me.

I just posted that Metallica song in reference to your previous post, but...BUT my "Spiritual Metallica Song" is THIS one:

Nothing Else Matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI

The lyrics of that one is particularly poignant at this present time.

Yes, "Carpe Diem" I also agree...very apt indeed.

My version of God belongs more in the percussion section though.

He's the one behind the scenes, playing his little drum and everything dances to the beat of it...including Himself, of course. lol

OMG, how I love Shiva...but I digress.

Yeah, I'm a metalhead too...but shhhh...tell nobody of this.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl

I think the trick to this forum Catsquotl & Shivani is to stay honest...

If we aren't preaching or virtue signalling simply adding additional information - that's all we can do.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king - you still don't have full clarity but hell when did we ever claim too.

The same misinterpretation has stifled your expression on here as it did mine - the more cynical would say that perhaps misinterpretation (conscious or otherwise) is a way of avoidance.

"Keep the faith"
- John Bon Jovi

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 09-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Master
It's hard to go Carpe diem these days. Given how impatient people have become and there is such hurry with everything, carpe diem is more like meditation in today's world. Most people might as well start from there.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
I think the trick to this forum Catsquotl & Shivani is to stay honest...

If we aren't preaching or virtue signalling simply adding additional information - that's all we can do.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king - you still don't have full clarity but hell when did we ever claim too.

The same misinterpretation has stifled your expression on here as it did mine - the more cynical would say that perhaps misinterpretation (conscious or otherwise) is a way of avoidance.

"Keep the faith"
- John Bon Jovi

I think sincerity is more important than honesty.

If I speak true to my heart and my deep, inner conviction, I'm fine. If I'm honest, I get into a truckload of trouble. LOL