Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-01-2019, 03:55 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

The very best thing for all of us is to develop the God within by removing from our everyday awareness our sense of "me". This allows our minds to escape the Earth, to soar beyond the heavens. At the end of this path is the wisdom we all yearn for.

Do you let go of even the worries then, bartholomew? What happens if when the mind is much much quieter but there are still random thoughts and a slight worry?

Thank you. Namaste.

JL
Old 18-01-2019, 05:10 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Do you let go of even the worries then, bartholomew? What happens if when the mind is much much quieter but there are still random thoughts and a slight worry?

Thank you. Namaste.

JL

I try to. Knowing how to do something and doing it are not the same. From time to time I find success. Anyone who has ever lost themselves in a good book knows it can be done. Yes! I have managed to shift up into higher mind for minutes at a time during which the body was forgotten about. It's easier when there is a better reason than mere curiosity.
Old 18-01-2019, 05:33 AM
janielee

OK Thank you. I guess a reason would be to avoid suffering, I wonder if that is too weak an argument? Worry can be let go of I believe, but yeah knowing is not always the same as doing
Old 18-01-2019, 06:45 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
OK Thank you. I guess a reason would be to avoid suffering, I wonder if that is too weak an argument? Worry can be let go of I believe, but yeah knowing is not always the same as doing

The management of severe personal suffering is something that only a few have first hand experience with. It can be done. Could anyone do it? Yes but most folks need help from others. Could I do it? Yes. When in the throes of anguish it is inappropriate to offer counsel of strength and patience. No. It is much better to offer relief found through the use of high levels of will power. As we achieve that ability though we suddenly find that we know much more about what is happening than we did before. It is this understand which is given as a gift that is so very vital. With this in our possession we find that all will be well. Here's a hint. Suffering usually revolves around the detached self. The soul doesn't suffer, we, the personalities, do. So if we can manage to shift up drawing away from the body and close to the soul we find the freedom which we so yearn for. This ability is what the will power is for. So.... shifting up into higher mind (soul mind) is possible through application of will.

The above is no trivial statement. It was Divine Will, coupled with a vision of purpose then directed towards spiritual mass which constituted the force which caused the original creation of the physical universe. In each of us there is a little bit of God the creator. Yes. We can do such a thing.

Last edited by bartholomew : 18-01-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 18-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Master

On Gods and Angels

This is an interesting discussion. I’ve often wondered if there was any difference between gods and angels. Looking at the etymology of the word, it means messenger and applies only to those heavenly beings that are specifically tasked with contacting and helping humanity. Presumably those that generally just stay in their heavenly realm can be considered gods or archangels, but it is a difference without a distinction. I believe they are all higher-dimensional light beings and the difference between them is one of hierarchy and areas of responsibility. Some, that have physical bodies and get around in ships are really just interdimensional ETs (these are usually the tall, blonde ones). They are often confused with Angels and Gods, but they really are just humans like us, only more advanced.

If you are into sci-fi, I find that the Stargate series (pure disclosure and a real gem in my opinion) does an excellent job of explaining the capabilities and characteristics of each category of being. I particularly like their portrayal of the Ancients, an ascended race of higher-dimensional light beings that were once human but now exist on a higher plane of existence and rarely interfere in human affairs.
Old 18-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Deactivated Account
To be blunt I think angel and guide communication isn't simply meant for everyone. Why some people stand closer in proximity with their guides more so than others beats me, but remember that there are a lot of liars as well. Don't believe literally erveryone who says they have close ties with a certain archangel.
Old 18-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
To be blunt I think angel and guide communication isn't simply meant for everyone. Why some people stand closer in proximity with their guides more so than others beats me, but remember that there are a lot of liars as well. Don't believe literally erveryone who says they have close ties with a certain archangel.

It goes beyond that, because you can be in contact with someone, but how do you know if that person really is who they say they are? It's not like you can literally see them after all. A lot of people fall into the trap of meeting spirits who make grandiose claims about themselves, only to be left with a big bag of nothing when said entities cannot match their claims with any significant action.

Another problem is when en entity sweet talks itself into your trust and makes false claims about who they are and what they look like, then they turn out to be rather different in not only their personality and ability, but also in terms of what they look like. Even though we can't see these beings with our normal senses, it is possible to astrally travel and see them in their true forms, which are not very reassuring, to say the least.

Early on, when my Kundalini awakened, I got the ability to connect to various interdimensional entities. My Spirit guide turned out to be genuine and highly benevolent, but there were others who contacted me and were deceivers. Of course some people are just deluding themselves and are only channelling their inner thoughts basically.
Old 18-01-2019, 01:12 PM
bartholomew

fSpiritual practice has many faces and many truths. The vast majority of people go no higher than the central astral plane. This is just above the abode of the deceivers. Here is where we find lower entities having fun masquerading as high angelic or other entities. It is this area of the astral plane that is home to the Trickster Coyote of Native American lore. Those who provoke a spiritual experience using plants (shrooms) go to the astral. No offence here. The astral is filled with wonders. But since the body is, in a sense, forced to resonate with the astral it can go no higher. No higher plane can be reached. It is only through the disciplined use of mind that a truly high connection can be made. On these planes there are no claims of angelic beings or masters or ascended masters. Those who exist in these truly high levels are quite beyond such things.

There are sure signs of a high contact. A real spiritually advanced being will never make claims or assume titles for him or herself. A true master will never refer to him or herself as being master. An Angel will not make claims of personal status. He or she will merely give their name and message then leave, usually coming and going in a blinding white light.

There are those who have contact with angels but it is usually not direct. Angels are teachers. They rarely appear directly to a human being though. Most of the time they come near to the Earth and construct the desired teaching of astral plane matter. Then the sensitive on Earth contacts this form because he or she has become used to the particular set of vibes and brings it back in the form of a channeling. This commonly happens. Then if claims of status are made they will come from the channeler, not the angel.

How do we then tell the difference between a message left for us by an Angel and that given by a playful or malevolent astral being? It is because of this difficulty that most religions dissuade the practice of spiritualism. They know of the dangers.
Old 18-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
It goes beyond that, because you can be in contact with someone, but how do you know if that person really is who they say they are? It's not like you can literally see them after all. A lot of people fall into the trap of meeting spirits who make grandiose claims about themselves, only to be left with a big bag of nothing when said entities cannot match their claims with any significant action.

Another problem is when en entity sweet talks itself into your trust and makes false claims about who they are and what they look like, then they turn out to be rather different in not only their personality and ability, but also in terms of what they look like. Even though we can't see these beings with our normal senses, it is possible to astrally travel and see them in their true forms, which are not very reassuring, to say the least.

Early on, when my Kundalini awakened, I got the ability to connect to various interdimensional entities. My Spirit guide turned out to be genuine and highly benevolent, but there were others who contacted me and were deceivers. Of course some people are just deluding themselves and are only channelling their inner thoughts basically.

Yes, I totally agree with this. People often assume every entity they encounter to be their guide without thinking about the likeliness that there are negative things out there hellbent on deceiving people. This is why I would never get into stuff like channeling, as pretty much any entity can pick it up and play the role of an angel or guide.

Although I could be wrong, I think genuine guides don't casually appear or interact directly with their client on a daily base but in fact only appear in rare circumstances. Maybe even once in a lifetime. I'm telling this from personal experience as I've met a seemingly benevolent being once in a visitation dream in which she even fully manifested. But no matter how many times I beg or pray, something tells me she will never appear again and I'm just going to have to live with that fact.
Old 18-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Spiritual practice has many faces and many truths. The vast majority of people go no higher than the central astral plane. This is the abode of the deceivers. Here is where we find lower entities having fun masquerading as high angelic or other entities. It is this area of the astral plane that is home to the Trickster Coyote of Native American lore. Those who provoke a spiritual experience using plants (shrooms) go to the astral. No offence here. The astral is filled with wonders. But since the body is, in a sense, forced to resonate with the astral it can go no higher. No higher plane can be reached. It is only through the disciplined use of mind that a truly high connection can be made. On these planes there are no claims of angelic beings or masters or ascended masters. Those who exist in these truly high levels are quite beyond such things.

There are sure signs of a high contact. A real spiritually advanced being will never make claims or assume titles for him or herself. A true master will never refer to him or herself as being master. An Angel will not make claims of personal status. He or she will merely give their name and message then leave, usually coming and going in a blinding white light.

There are those who have contact with angels but it is usually not direct. Angels are teachers. They rarely appear directly to a human being though. Most of the time they come near to the Earth and construct the desired teaching of astral plane matter. Then the sensitive on Earth contacts this form because he or she has become used to the particular set of vibes and brings it back in the form of a channeling. This commonly happens. Then if claims of status are made they will come from the channeler, not the angel.

How do we then tell the difference between a message left for us by an Angel and that given by a playful or malevolent astral being? It is because of this difficulty that most religions dissuade the practice of spiritualism. They know of the dangers.

That is so true, thank you for that teaching, it really resonates with me and my own experiences.

Personally, I can't really tell if I'm being deceived (although there is a particular, lower vibration attached to deceitful people and beings, but it's very subtle), however I can tell if someone or something is genuine and spiritually valid. The top of my head lights up like a torch, flaming with heat and light. This just happened when I read what you wrote. Very wise words indeed.