Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Knower

Brother in a Box

The other night I had a dream, that was more or less about my brother.

It started like this:

A few old middle school friends and I were crossing the street to the shopping plaza. One of my old friends, sitting in a shopping cart that I was pushing, said I had to go with her, because she had my brother locked up in a box and if I wanted to get him out I had to help her.

It was a black box, with a large bubbled texture. I began thinking of a plan to set him free. So I lead her on to make her think that I was going to cooperate. Once we were in the parking lot I seized the opportunity. She asked, "are you doing it? are you doing it?" and I said, "Oh yeah don't worry I'm right behind you." Then I grabbed the black box from her and pushed the cart as far away as possible, turned around and started to run.

I found myself at the beach, at night. One of my favorite beaches. I climbed over the rocks into the cove. I knew where I had to go, but the waves were crashing so hard and the tide was so high there was no way I could make it.

I went to go climb back over the rocks until I saw my sister and her husband in a house on the rocks, looking for me. I'm not sure why but I felt like I had to hide. I saw my brother-in-law in the window and dove right into the sand, literally burying my head in the sand, I could see the sand go over my eyes as the light from the window began to disappear.

I was caught though. My brother-in-law saw me and asked me what I was doing, like I was a child. "I don't know..." I replied.

Then I woke up.

I never freed my brother from the box, but for some reason I feel like I had to take him to the end of the jetty to set him free, out into the ocean.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Master
"literally burying my head in the sand" may be the most pertinent statement.
there's been something 'obvious' to be observed, but you've hidden your
awareness away from the perception of it.

the "boxed brother" is probably some portion of your self... possibly your soul.
you are promised to receive this missing thing, if you provide a specific service.
rather than assist your "old friend", you scheme a deception.
your friend was, apparently, dependent upon your good-will to complete her
journey (she couldn't simply walk to her destination).

i'm thinking that the dream has involved you shirking the duty you'd accepted
when entering into manifestation... due to confused thinking it seems.

the good news is that you're not done yet.
as said on another world: "start the reactor, free mars".
Old 27-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Knower

Recent events, involving my brother, reminded me of this dream.

He has a drug problem, and I am beginning to realize that there is not much I can do to help him.

It makes me think now that this dream is telling me if I continue on my path with the universe it will all work out, the Goddess has my brother in her hands.

And that is what I need to accept.

Somehow, my moving forward in life and focusing on my personal growth and spirituality will in some way benefit my brother. I just have to trust that, instead of hiding away from the truth.
Old 30-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
I would agree that you can't do much to help him. He has to help himself. I think this dream is a reflection of your feeling responsible for your brother. You wanted to keep him safe in a protective bubble but it was a negative situation for you. You have to give him the chance to sink or swim. Being responsible for him is a dangerous situation for you. I would say at the time of the dream you were probably searching for answers and were conflicted about the situation. I know it must be incredibly hard to watch your brother self destruct but you aren't responsible and taking responsibility for freeing him doesn't help him learn to free himself. Just because you let go of being responsible for his healing doesn't mean you love him less. It means you are chosing not to enable him at not being responsible for himself. Work on you and the rest will take care of itself. My best to you all.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:28 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I would agree that you can't do much to help him. He has to help himself. I think this dream is a reflection of your feeling responsible for your brother. You wanted to keep him safe in a protective bubble but it was a negative situation for you. You have to give him the chance to sink or swim.

Those words, they're perfect. I sort of had a vision, I guess, of my brother underwater. I was standing on a dock with a rope in my hand that I threw in to save him, but all he did was tie a noose around his neck so every time I would try to pull him above water I'd end up choking him, so I had to imagine myself let go of the rope and walk off the dock.

That was three or four days ago. Then I read this now--- oh how the universe speaks.
Old 20-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by CcolTonS7
Those words, they're perfect. I sort of had a vision, I guess, of my brother underwater. I was standing on a dock with a rope in my hand that I threw in to save him, but all he did was tie a noose around his neck so every time I would try to pull him above water I'd end up choking him, so I had to imagine myself let go of the rope and walk off the dock.

That was three or four days ago. Then I read this now--- oh how the universe speaks.
Very cool. When all is said and done your brother will be fine regardless if his human self self-destructs. Eventually he will sort it out. Hugs.