Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-12-2019, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
What if the "missing the mark" is where that person wants to go? Does missing the mark mean they did something wrong? What if they don't want to 'turn around'. What if they just say, no more? Life isn't always about doing the right thing in my opinion. It's about being human.

Free will is without judgement. It simply is.

Sin and repent are words steeped in what some people see as a negative connotation. I see life as a journey. When I miss the mark, I am not going in the direction I want to, not right or wrong, not good or bad. I have free will to turn a different way. Or I can simply choose to keep going in the same direction. I just liked the shift of perception. Sometimes life is about learning to see choices.

Quote:
What if they don't want to 'turn around'. What if they just say, no more?
No one has to turn around. We all have the choice to say, “no more.” There is no judgement there. Though we can feel lose and sadness, when those we love say, “no more.”

Very interesting topic Linen!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:17 AM
Master
Big John
Quote:
I am addicted to oxygen...... so is everybody reading this.

Sometimes we make too much of nothing......... Maybe we got to be less judgemental.

Yes! O2, gotta love it!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:28 AM
Master

I think we have an inborn instinct to fight, fight, fight. But there comes a time when one is just to tired to fight thus follow the same goals they originally made. Yes, it hurts those we love who are still fighting the good fight and they just don't understand and think their loved one gave up. I think instead it's embracing a new goal.

Since I started this thread a new option has entered my life. A different way of looking at my life.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I think we have an inborn instinct to fight, fight, fight. But there comes a time when one is just to tired to fight thus follow the same goals they originally made. Yes, it hurts those we love who are still fighting the good fight and they just don't understand and think their loved one gave up. I think instead it's embracing a new goal.

Since I started this thread a new option has entered my life. A different way of looking at my life.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:

I resonate with this! Now I'm into just 'surfing' whatever 'waves' come my way in the 'best' (i.e. 'most' love-and joy creative) 'direction' possible. If no such 'direction' is apparent, then I choose to just 'float' in the ocean of my life, reminding myself to do so in the 'direction' of gratitude (because this is something I still often forget) because the opportunity to experience Life is a boon either way -- 'surfing the good surf' (with the occasional 'wipe out' splash ) or just 'floating' in happiness.

Last edited by davidsun : 06-12-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:

What I have found is you do not know why a person does what they do unless you have walked in their shoes.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Master
When it comes to pain medicine.......... peoples' view change with time.

For example, during the War of 1812, a lot of soldiers would have died if they did not get opiates. United States had no immediate source
to import opiums to the new country but....... I believe it was Connecticut, who has a sufficient supply in cultivation, saved the day.

Bach in the 1800's where I live, the drug was grown in my area.

What is odd that in 1882, numerous lawmen in the Territory of Arizna, were on opiates.

The US Marshal for the Territory of Arizona was on opiates as a result of an injury during the Civil War.

US Deputy Marshal Virgil Earp was on opiates as a result of being wounded.

US Deputy Marshal Evans, the most prolific deputy in the Territory
of Arizona, probably was on opiates as a result of losing an arm.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I am going to give an example here...it is also something I need to get off my chest...I have needed to do this for quite some time.

I have another addiction apart from oversleeping...I am a junk food addict. I am a vegan's worst nightmare. I will freely admit this...and I feel no guilt.

However, over the past year I have put on 20kg due to refined carbs and a lack of exercise...this has exacerbated the symptoms of my arthritic knees..and so, a few months ago, I made the decision to go on a Keto diet to lose some weight.

However, I made a HUGE mistake! I told my mother about my goals and aspirations looking (in vain as it turns out) for some moral support.

My psychologist wonders why I have problems making and sticking to any goals...why I have an addictive personality. It is all due to traumatic abuse.

The trauma came in the form of my parents and their insistence on "personal responsibility" and "being true to your words" and having "moral accountability" because that separates a person of "strong character" from a person of "weak character"...you know, all of those social values THEIR parents instilled in them during the 1930s and 1940's which are no longer relevant in today's society...

So, the day after I told my mother I was going on a diet, the FIRST thing she said the next day, even before "how are you?" is "have you started your diet yet?" and when I said "no, not yet" she said "why not?" and I had to make up excuses and lies which I would not have even HAD to do, had she not hounded me for an explanation...my parents raised me to be deceitful, dishonest and untrustworthy even though this was never their intention.

To pacify her, I said that I would begin my diet at the end of the week...

Later that week, she phones again.."have you started your diet yet?"

I had to tell her that I was going out to a party on the weekend and I would begin my diet on the Monday.

Next Thursday she phones me "have you started your diet?"
Me: "yes mum, I started my diet on Tuesday"
Mum: "how much weight have you lost since Tuesday? You should have lost half a kilo in two days"
Me: "I don't know, I haven't weighed myself since I started"
Mum: "well, go and weigh yourself... I'll wait.."
Me: "I'd rather weigh myself after a week to get a surprise".

Another week goes by ..mum phones .

"How's your diet going? Lost any weight yet?"

This kept up...and up...and up...until in the end, my mind totally rebelled .
"I am NOT continuing on this diet because I hate you SO much!"

So, I was able to answer my psychologists question about why it is that I have problems making and sticking to goals.
Some potentially pertinent extracts from Don Juan's teachings - to Carlos Castaneda (quoted from http://www.uazone.org/naph/ccarlos/v...ixtlan.html#17 ):

A WORTHY OPPONENT

You're rational, all right. And that means you believe that you know a lot about the world, but do you? Do you really? You have only seen the acts of people. Your experiences are limited only to what people have done to you or to others. You know nothing about this mysterious unknown world.

..you know that from now on you must be on the lookout. She will try to tap you on your left shoulder during a moment when you are unaware and weak.

- What should I do?

-It is meaningless to complain. What's important from this point on is the strategy of your life.

Your opponent is on your trail and for the first time in your life you cannot afford to act helter-skelter. This time you will have to learn a totally different doing, the doing of strategy. Think of it this way. If you survive the onslaughts of 'la Catalina' you will have to thank her someday for having forced you to change your doing.

- What a terrible way of putting it! What if I don't survive?

-A warrior never indulges in thoughts like that. When he has to act with his fellow men, a warrior follows the doing of strategy, and in that doing there are no victories or defeats. In that doing there are only actions.

(I asked him what the doing of strategy entailed.)

It entails that one is not at the mercy of people. At that party, for instance, you were a clown, not because it served your purposes to be a clown, but because you placed yourself at the mercy of those people. You never had any control and thus you had to run away from them.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Master

davidsun, I often say I have learned to float and not try to steer. So I am in agreement.

BigJohn, I recently had the duty to explain why a person was the way they were to their adult children. I had hopes of giving them some peace of mind and closure. But you are right, you don't know unless you were there.

BigJohn, I'm reminded of when the saying,"Do the right thing" came out. But what is right for one person is not right for the next. Wondering why laws are created to control our happiness.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Master

Shivani ignore davidsun's last post. He's out of line. Don't let anyone "should" on you.