Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Master
SPIRITIST OR SPIRITUALIST?

Those reading this probably will consider themselves a Spiritualist but I suspect they really are Spiritist.

Please discuss.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-11-2019, 11:19 AM
hazada guess

Call it what you like,its the same thing.lol.
Old 25-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Call it what you like,its the same thing.lol.
If you look, a spiritist believes in reincarnation
whereas a Spiritualist does not.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-11-2019, 08:07 AM
hazada guess

I know a lot of Spiritualists that believe in Reincarnation,yet I don't know of any *spiritists*.
Old 26-11-2019, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
I know a lot of Spiritualists that believe in Reincarnation,yet I don't know of any *spiritists*.
Same here. That is why I mentioned in the first post that I think people are using the wrong word.

Old 29-05-2021, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:

I know a lot of Spiritists that believe in reincarnation ... but I don't know any "Spiritualists".

We complement each other.
Old 29-05-2021, 04:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I know a lot of Spiritists that believe in reincarnation ... but I don't know any "Spiritualists".

We complement each other.

Well now you know one Spiritualist at least and that's me.....

Spiritualism's approach is that there isn't any evidence that it occurs but neither is there any guidance to say it doesn't. My personal stance is that the deeper aspects of survival et al tell me that the option of choosing more than one incarnation makes sense. I'm deliberately avoiding saying "reincarnation" because of the baggage that word carries with it.

Spiritualism doesn't have the equivalent of Spiritism's influencer Kardec but Silver Birch's teachings reached many Spiritualists via his deep-trance medium, Maurice Barbanell and the weekly newspaper Barbanell published, Psychic News. I can't tell you what he said verbatim but SB replied to a question about reincarnation by saying among his peers were some who declared they had never met anyone who had reincarnated yet he himself had no doubts it happened.

Perhaps the major difference between those "isms" is that of reincarnation but that's of minor consequence to me.
Old 30-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Master
QUOTE 77 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob

Perhaps the major difference between those "isms" is that of reincarnation but that's of minor consequence to me.

Since I don't know anything about Spiritualism (but have attended Spiritist meetings), I will take your word (unless proven otherwise) that perhaps the most significant difference between the two is that of reincarnation and that is also of minor consequence to me as well.
Old 30-05-2021, 01:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
QUOTE 77 EXCERPT:
Since I don't know anything about Spiritualism (but have attended Spiritist meetings), I will take your word (unless proven otherwise) that perhaps the most significant difference between the two is that of reincarnation and that is also of minor consequence to me as well.

No need to take my word. Even those I've seen presenting the Spiritist position have shown little of importance - if anything - that I see as separating our 'isms'.

Survival and communication via mediumship are fundamental to both, reincarnation is fundamental to one but not discounted by the other. Churches and organisation of them is likely to be different but then it's different from one town to another here in the UK but the fundamentals never vary. ONLY Christian Spiritualism - as far as I'm seeing - is significantly different from plain, vanilla Spiritualism. I don't know if there's a 'Christian Spiritism'.
Old 30-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
QUOTE 77 EXCERPT:Since I don't know anything about Spiritualism (but have attended Spiritist meetings), I will take your word (unless proven otherwise) that perhaps the most significant difference between the two is that of reincarnation and that is also of minor consequence to me as well.
Originally, Spiritualist did not believe in Reincarnation for obvious reasons. There are still some who do not believe in Reincarnation, also for obvious reasons. For those Spiritualists who believe in Reincarnation, their beliefs seem to be very similar to Spiritist beliefs with a few nuances.

Closed Thread