Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Are there any Aromatherapists here?

I have the opportunity to do a diploma in Aromatherapy next year and I would like to know what is involved in an aromatherapists job?

I need to figure out if this is a viable job option for me as I can only afford to do one course, I need to choose the right one! I have been unemployed for too long, so the course has to lead to a job.
Old 26-07-2011, 08:33 AM
midnightstar

I'm not an aromatherapist but I came across this link for you http://www.openstudycollege.com/arom...y_courses.html
Old 31-07-2011, 09:36 AM
HallowsEve

I am also interested in this, so I'll be keeping my eye on this thread! :)
Old 19-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Loneblossom

I have a dip (from the UK) and found when I came to Australia that Aromatherapy was not taken as seriously for its therapeutic benefits as it was in the UK. It's just a 'pretty smelling massage' to many here and that is a real shame.

From personal experience you would make a better living here from doing sports massage or remedial massage.
Old 26-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Guide
I am taking my aromatherapy certification from floracopeia. They are an amazing company and I highly highly recommend their essential oils. I don't know if it's worth getting an actual diploma for it though. I am taking classes at SWIHA online (southwest institute of healing arts) to be a Mind Body Wellness Practitioner and getting my Holistic Nutrition certification. There are better jobs in the alternative/holistic medicine venue than in just aromatherapy. If you like this realm of things, that would be the direction I would go in or massage therapy.

Let me know if you need any help on anything :)

She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. -Beau Taplin
Old 23-03-2022, 08:43 PM
Seeker
I have a diploma in Spiritual Aromatherapy. The textbook we used was Valerie Ann Worwood’s fantastic Aromatherapy for the Soul. I loved it so much that I purchased a few more of her aromatherapy books.