Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 12-01-2020, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I’ll tell you a ghost story ….

I don’t believe in “supernatural”, because I think these things are quite natural, like layers of creation, but existing in energetic form & from my own experience, I don’t believe in ghosts, I know they exist, but usually the phenomena is just transitory.

Example:
My first experience with a ghost (whilst in a normal awaking state) started with a heavy oppressive feeling and a deep depression about “the world having shut me out”.
For a couple of days the feeling just got heavier and heavier until I realized it wasn’t me, but my immediate thought then was, that it was some “evil” entity energy around me influencing my mood.

Then I wondered if it could be a ghost. Talked to a friend about ghosts, how they allegedly can break crockery etc.
Later that night the wind chime I had outside had fallen down and broken my terracotta pots below. Check.

Then I realized who it was.
It was my next door neighbour, who had died suddenly and was now so pi**ed off that nobody was listening to him i.e. “the world had shut him out”.
From that point on we started “talking”. But talking is more like “energetic exchange”, a bit like “telepathy”, but very clear.

He hadn’t changed a bit and was his usual grumpy, bossy and arrogant self.
He would say things like: ”Clean up your mess, you have got visitors coming!”
An hour later I suddenly got unexpected visitors, but I hadn’t cleaned the house.
When the visitors left, he said: ”I told you, you had visitors coming!”
- So you did, lol.
Etc. etc.
So my own attitude changed from evil presence freak-out to “normal” ordinary “talk”, which became quite amusing.

Then came the day of his funeral and I was reading an obituary about him in our local newspaper.
Whilst I was reading it - the neighbourhood became dead quiet and still.
Then in the distance somebody started playing the theme song to the movie “Love Story”, but in an instrumental form.

& At that moment I felt his full immediate presence and unconditional love (non-duality) – like spiritual communion.

Then he was gone, and my place felt so empty without the extra presence afterwards.

I don’t mean to convince anybody about ghosts, but if it happens to you – the first freak out is normal I guess, but it is good to remember that FEAR is often “False Evidence Appearing Real”.
And that you just don’t know till you know.

I have had other ghost experiences since, so it is not “supernatural” or “evil-freaky” anymore, but usually quite “normal”.

I do not seek communications with the departed, but if it happens - then it happens.

Everything moving through us and our world can teach us the deeper nature of all things, how we feel or even how we judge others, alive or without form. The lingering threads are ours and fear is a great catalyst to open to unconditional love..the closer proximity of humans, dead or alive teach us lots about our closeness to self and others. Seems your neighbour lingered in you to forge an opening he was teaching while alive..

Thanks for sharing your ghost story=self knowing the truth of yourself.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Everything moving through us and our world can teach us the deeper nature of all things, how we feel or even how we judge others, alive or without form. The lingering threads are ours and fear is a great catalyst to open to unconditional love..the closer proximity of humans, dead or alive teach us lots about our closeness to self and others. Seems your neighbour lingered in you to forge an opening he was teaching while alive..

Thanks for sharing your ghost story=self knowing the truth of yourself.

I didn’t have much contact with him whilst he was alive, because he only regarded the upper crust worthy of his time and attention.
But death, the great leveller – and now he needed someone, anyone! - to hear him

I’ve known nondual unconditional love since childhood, because my grandmother was nondual, but I don’t think he had ever experienced it – most people have not.

Don’t know if it was the funeral that touched him …. However he finally dropped his ego (he was so full of even after death) and with that openness – he realized nondual (eternal) love, and with that we said “Goodbye”.

So at least, he realized that prior to him going into the ‘light’, which I was happy about.

People think departed have some wisdom to depart to us living – yes sometimes – but a lot of the time it is the other way round. Like mediums needing to help people to move on ….

Old 12-01-2020, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
I didn’t have much contact with him whilst he was alive, because he only regarded the upper crust worthy of his time and attention.
But death, the great leveller – and now he needed someone, anyone! - to hear him

I’ve known nondual unconditional love since childhood, because my grandmother was nondual, but I don’t think he had ever experienced it – most people have not.

Don’t know if it was the funeral that touched him …. However he finally dropped his ego (he was so full of even after death) and with that openness – he realized nondual (eternal) love, and with that we said “Goodbye”.

So at least, he realized that prior to him going into the ‘light’, which I was happy about.

People think departed have some wisdom to depart to us living – yes sometimes – but a lot of the time it is the other way round. Like mediums needing to help people to move on ….

Death is a great leveller for all connected.

We are all little seeds no matter where we reside.

Life keeps on turning the many wheels and cycles we can become aware of from within and without.