Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
no5bones

the passing of my mam

hi all im new to this site so thanks in advance for replys.
my mam passed away on 4.9.10 to the big c,when she was diagnosed we were told she had 10 months,she lasted 7weeks.i never had time to say goodbye even though i held her hand as she passed away.iv always been a good dreamer but had no dreams for the past 3 and half weeks,im not sleeping too good as i now feel a presence in my bedroom as if someone is watching me,could this be my mam?i feel as if i need to do something but dont know what.
sorry if thread is too long just need a bit of gueidence many thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5bones
my mam passed away on 4.9.10 to the big c,when she was diagnosed we were told she had 10 months,she lasted 7weeks.i never had time to say goodbye even though i held her hand as she passed away.iv always been a good dreamer but had no dreams for the past 3 and half weeks,im not sleeping too good as i now feel a presence in my bedroom as if someone is watching me,could this be my mam?i feel as if i need to do something but dont know what.

no5bones,
I am sorry for your loss. Some believe that once a soul passes over it may need to rejuvenate or heal itself if it had a very strenious incarnation before it may come back and "visit" another. Perhpas your Mam is now ready to visit...?

I would ask you, if you had no one to ask what you should or needed to do next, what would you do? I'm not being flippant but seeking to have you look within rather than to another. We each carry inside ourselves knowledge that we often only want confirmation from another to validate for us.

You said that you did not have time to properly say goodby and you feel that you need to do something... perhaps it is to find a way to say goodby and create closure for yourself?

Here is one way if you want an idea...

Take some time and write down all the things that you wish you had told her before she passed.
Then, either with a fire pit or a candle, hold the writing in both of your hands and take a few moments to feel your intention of sharing those words and thoughts with her.
Once you are "feeling it" (only you will know when that is, 30 seconds or 30 minutes) go ahead and put the writing into the fire (or light the paper from a candle and set it on the ground outside) and allow the energy of your writing and your intentions to be released to the universe as the paper burns... watch the flame and the smoke transfer your words and intentions from the physical world to energize the flame, transfer to smoke, and expand out into the universe, with only the ash left.

I hope that this helps you find the comfort that you seek

Last edited by EmergingPath : 05-10-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Master
I don't have an answer to your question (mysticboards offer free physic readings though may be a good place to check out) I just wanted to say I'm truly sorry for your loss <3
Old 05-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:

My condolences to you, and Blessings.

It certainly seems someone is there, whether it's your mam or not I can't tell. Sometimes the ties that bind linger long after death - or what we perceive as death. Presumably you and she were close, and if it is her then perhaps she's come to reassure you. At the risk of feeling like a nutcase, talk to the presence out loud as if someone was physically in the room with you. Them them you know they are there but you can't make out who it is. Ask them who they are and what they want, ask them to help you understand and help you connect with them. Ask them to give you a sign. Failing that and if you believe it is your mam, then talk to her as though she's standing next to you. Talk about anything, whatever you would have talked about. It could be your mam, it could also be someone who will help you connect with her or help you through your loss. Either way, the message will get through.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
no5bones

yeah thanks for your support and messages,this has realy taken me back im not sure if iv grieved as i still feel as if my mams still here,is this just my mind trying to protect me.iv been thinking of going to the local spiritual church but i dont know anything about things like this.i suppose this is just something i feel i have to do.
thanks again
Old 06-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
yeah thanks for your support and messages,this has realy taken me back im not sure if iv grieved as i still feel as if my mams still here,is this just my mind trying to protect me.iv been thinking of going to the local spiritual church but i dont know anything about things like this.i suppose this is just something i feel i have to do.
thanks again

I lost my father just before I was born. Many will say you can't miss what you've never had, but I beg to differ. And yes, sometimes I do still miss him and wished he was here. There are no time limits on this sort of thing, only what you feel inside.

I sincerely hope it works out for you at the Spiritualist church though. Most of them are pretty good and will empathise with you, so it won't matter if you know anything or not. Just be honest, with them and yourself. Go in with a completely open mind and certainly no expectations, if you have expectations it can knock you sideways if they don't happen. If it's what you feel you have to do then it's the right thing.

Safe Journey
Old 07-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Misscpb

Quote:

Hello

Yes I am sure it is your mum that has been around you, and I bet she is glad that you are a spiritually aware/open minded person. Remembers that although her physical body has gone, her spirit lives on. You always have your memories and she is only ever a thought away.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Knower
Sorry for your loss. Yes it could be your Mam checking in on you letting you know shes ok.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Knower
Hi no5bones
Quote:
thanks again
Sorry to hear of your loss. If you feel its something you have to do then there is a good reason why you are being inspired to go to the church. Your mam or some one very close to you, is probably wanting to get a message to you, so my advise would be to go to the church as soon as possible. Don't be nervous or afraid. All the best

Much love and light to you
Spiritmessenger

Last edited by Spiritmessenger : 07-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
LaMont Cranston

A Visit From My Mom...

no5bones, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Back in August of 2001, I was by my mother's bedside when she took her last breath. She had lived a long life, and, thankfully, her passing was very peaceful.

About three days after her death, my wife and I were in our backyard feeling kind of mopey. All of a sudden, my mother's "spirit" (or whatever) appeared to me and said something like "Don't worry about me. I'm in a good place. No go ahead and get on with your life."

The experience was undeniable, and my wife felt her presence too. I have not been "visited" by my mom since that time, and I have no reason to expect anything more will happen.

Regardless of what happens, I have found that the love that we experienced with those who are and have been dear to us lives on. It lives in our hearts and minds, and one of the ways that we can honor those loved ones is to be true to ourselves and true to the kind of people they were.

I hope this help a bit, and I wish you well!