Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 19-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Master
[quote=Sapphirez]well thankfully most of what I would want to say but didn't want to disrupt this thread actually saying has been said.. lol except that eating dead animals is toxic to living humans, however if you are going to do it, freshly killed deer are much much healthier

anyways that being said, it does sound like a lovely almost romanticized yet fruitful hobby or lifestyle, whatever the activity's supposed to be called. But I think even better, would be to get all geared up and get your salt licks raised and your zen on so the deer don't detect you, and shoot them... with a camera! omg you could get so many great shots and I know that looking at those pictures, and experiencing being close to the animals without having to kill them would be immensely more nourishing than eating their rotting flesh. I feel like man's purpose on Earth is to make it a better place, and if one of the problems is an overpopulation of deer, then we should be creating a better habitat and amusement parks and stuff for them, instead of just mass murdering them. There are so many ways we could work/play with or for animals all over the world that would make the world a better place and benefit us all. Man should use its genius and stealth for higher purposes. plus the dwindling habitat is because of our intrusion anyway.. but I digress, I know hunting means a lot to many people for a variety of reasons. but you can have most of that fun without the actual murder by learning to appreciate them through photography instead. Perhaps you could even engineer your trappings and whatnot to inspire better pictures, like put the salt licks super high so they have to stand up on their hind legs with their front paws in the air or something and that would make an awesome picture. much more impressive than just hauling its lifeless body home in the back of your truck. I'm familiar with Native American history so I understand the sacredness and respect and all the glamour and 'peace' of the hunt, but I just don't buy it, even though I love and respect Native Americans and other peoples who think hunting makes sense. The fact is dead meat is toxic to humans so while it might seem to nourish you for a bit the aftermath is the body needing to purge all sorts of poison that eating the dead animal created internally, nevermind the soul karma or whatever.. In cold areas a lot of ancient people nourished themselves on chaga mushroom which grows on some birch trees, and it makes a mild yet pretty delicious tea. tastes nothing like mushrooms but it's technically a parasitic fungus yet it is super healing and the specimen is very unique as it has dna in common with humans moreso than any other fungus, plant, or animal species. anyway I'm sure there's other stuff that grows out there that can be healthy, and we have ability to grow stuff ourselves, especially with technology nowadays. so the necessity factor just doesn't hold true. feeling like your belly is gonna burst and actually being healthfully full are two completely different things.. and humans tend to think they are getting energy from eating animals when it is often the cortisol and other dead animal energy surges and adrenaline and whatnot that they are addicted to. hurts in the long run. but hey if you are going to go hunt with your gun anyways, could you please at least bring a camera too so you can take some pictures first? [quote]

Sapphirez....where do you get this nonsense from???
From the same place that says all humans need to eat is fruit???

Meat is NOT toxic and in fact is an essential part of the human diet.
As an omnivore we are adapted physiologically to consume meat and our species has been doing so for more than a quarter of a million years.

There is also ample evidence that the very act of hunting or savaging animals and consuming meat early on when our species first arrived on the ecological scene is what made us human and caused us to have the large, highly developed brain that we have....we would not have survived and turned into the advanced species that we are without meat!

And as far as you wanting to see pictures of deer....Glad you asked!

My daughter Sarah got this one last Sunday morning about 8:30

Attachment 2737

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 18-12-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 19-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
"The Shark Callers of Kontu" is great documentary about the spiritual aspects of the hunt (even though most of those aspects are 'secret'), and how the old knowledge is being lost to modernity. It's well worth a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuHzmzIcZFo.

I speak the language in the documentary fluently, and although some of what is said is lost in translation, the subtitles are accurate.

This is absolutely fascinating!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 19-12-2018, 10:30 PM
Master
Quoting Australian David Tacey:
Quote:
Western religion can look upon Aboriginal religion as if witnessing the lost dimensions of its own religious heritage.

It is true that when Old Europe meets the New World it actually discovers its own buried, lost or repressed unconscious life in the new-old landscape.
This definitely happened to me as well. Integrating into an Aboriginal group and learning the ways showed me parallels and brought back memories of my North East European (hunting) culture – making those echoes of the past alive again within this old – (my new) landscape.

Lucky 1, you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
About 6 years ago I spent about 6 weeks in Ethiopia's Great Rift Valley living with the Tsemay peoples......

I say lived with because it was more than just sight seeing or a hunting trip....I lived with them....shared chores in the village with them and yes.... hunted with them and shared many nights around the sacred campfire.

They are some of the finest hunters and trackers on the planet....and the single most spiritual group of human beings I've ever met.

They are amazing to be with and there DNA literally goes back to the time when our species crawled from the primordial ooze 250,000 years ago in the Great Rift Valley of East central Africa.

The bow with me in my avatar is the one I took with me......it is a Bob Lee Ultimate Recurve and it has been around the world with me....from Africa to the Darien Gap of Panama when I stayed with an Embera tribe.

How did those experiences affect you - your world view?

Old 19-12-2018, 10:32 PM
ImthatIm

I want to go to the deer amusement park.

I would take pictures there.

I would also like to see a person survive in the cold north eating chaga.

I would snap a pic at that too.
Old 19-12-2018, 11:08 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
heartsound
How is the best way to eat it deer? Does it taste like cow?Sorry I am curious.

I don't know about your area but in my area you can buy deer at butcher shops or meat markets.
If you don't know someone who hunts. Just a thought if you wanted to try it. not sure where the shops get the deer,
but I think they are almost farm raised nowadays. can cost a bit though.

Elk and buffalo tastes a lot more like lean beef.
Old 19-12-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
More about Chaga:
http://www.ethnoherbalist.com/chaga-...-tea-benefits/

But Chaga from Australian Casuarina trees!?

I have never eaten deer – only reindeer, like this:
http://www.nordicstylemag.com/2013/0...lingonberries/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/fe...nish-dish.html

So I don't know if deer and reindeer are similar in taste?

(P.S. Reindeer milk is suitable for lactose intolerant people. Would Camel milk be better also?)

Old 19-12-2018, 11:52 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sapphirez
I'm familiar with Native American history so I understand the sacredness and respect and all the glamour and 'peace' of the hunt, but I just don't buy it, even though I love and respect Native Americans and other peoples who think hunting makes sense. The fact is dead meat is toxic to humans so while it might seem to nourish you for a bit the aftermath is the body needing to purge all sorts of poison that eating the dead animal created internally, nevermind the soul karma or whatever..

Native Americans or any other native peoples I bet are all meat eaters. I have never heard of any vegetarian natives tribes in the world.(living or past)
So your conclusion is that they are just wrong and must be under some sort of meat curse or something defies logic.
Tribal/native peoples ate meat to survive. if plants would have been the end all beat all, they certainly would not have wasted the energy on a hunt for the glamour.
Old 20-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Master
Sapphirez

Former hunter-gatherers of North Europe still gather:

- many edible mushrooms, but you have to know how to prepare them:
https://images.cdn.yle.fi/image/uplo...60b3f963f2.jpg

- nature’s vegies and herbs:
http://syohyvaa.fi/wp-content/upload...-139153268.jpg

- 37 types of edible berries, here just a few:
https://au.fiftydegreesnorth.com/art...in-scandinavia

Old 20-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Native Americans or any other native peoples I bet are all meat eaters. I have never heard of any vegetarian natives tribes in the world.(living or past)
So your conclusion is that they are just wrong and must be under some sort of meat curse or something defies logic.
Tribal/native peoples ate meat to survive. if plants would have been the end all beat all, they certainly would not have wasted the energy on a hunt for the glamour.

There are long standing vegetarian traditions in Hindu and associated groups such as Jains and Buddhists, but they consume ample dairy, especially yogurt. There has also been a vegetarian following in the West as early as Pythagorus, but never really a doctrine or tradition until perhaps the Seventh Day Adventists incorporated veg diet into religious practice. Basically, veganism is not typical of the historical human diet, and a vegan diet doesn't provide a complete nutrient profile for humans, so vegan diets have only become practical in very recent times with the advent of global transport of food supplies and nutrient supplementation.
Old 20-12-2018, 04:28 PM
ImthatIm

Gem
I hear you.
I am not against anybody choosing what is right for them.
I am aware of some east Asian cultures practicing a plant based diet for religious reasons.
I knew saying Native/tribal was not exactly the right term I was trying to express but I let it go at that.
I wanted to say non civilized or away from a societal trade structure or mass farming civilizations.
I just did not want to say non civilized, but could not find the culturally decent term.
Maybe I should have said hunter gatherer without the hunter part. But that defies logic.
I say if a person wants to eat an all plant based diet, and can do it in this day and age, fine more power to them,
it is probably better in this sedentary lifestyle available today. But why try and stretch the truth about other peoples ways.
When living off the land you have to be an opportunist as to what is available at any given season or you die.