Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-08-2015, 01:25 AM
Experiencer
Angel1

I had two incidents where I remember feeling the presence of a loved one who has passed on very strongly. And on both instances, I had this comforting feeling engulf me knowing they are/were around.

On one incident, I knew my grandma was around because of the distinct smell of tobacco that reminded me of her. She was the only one who smoked tobacco in the family. It was a comforting feeling knowing her spirit came to visit.

Another incident was the morning a few hours after my other grandma passed away... my brother, niece and I simultaneously smelled a whiff of smoke that smelled of a candle that had just been put out. Another comforting feeling though sad and bittersweet. We were told that before she passed on, she had been saying sorry that she couldn't wait for us anymore.

I enjoyed reading all your stories here and hoping to hear many more stories from others added to this thread.

much love and light,
serene
Old 21-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Armstrong

Spirits will communicate to you in a way you would understand. Example I was on a road trip and asked a spirit if they were in the trip with me....while driving on the highway...suddenly I thought if them again, the two different cars in front each were from the state the spirit was born in and passed in...both from the north east and I'm deep in the south.
Old 21-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Armstrong

Very beautiful stories on this thread, it's very comforting to receive commucnation from loved ones. Brightens up the day
Old 28-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Experiencer
My beautiful mother passed away shortly before Christmas last year. Since then, when I think of her, talk to her, I quite often get the scent of baby powder. Needless to say, this was a powder she did use :)
Also, a couple weeks after she passed, I was sending out my thoughts to her, asking if she was ok and if she was able, to give me any kind of sign.
I wish I could post a photo I took that evening, here in my mother's house. You can see a, what looks like a band of white light covering my two dogs whilst the were snuggled up together on my mother's sofa.
It was pretty amazing to see :)
I've changed my Avatar, this is the photo I took with my phone, no flash used.

Last edited by Tricia : 28-08-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 29-08-2015, 03:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Very cool Tricia!! Thank you so much for sharing .:-)
Old 29-08-2015, 04:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Also, a couple weeks after she passed, I was sending out my thoughts to her, asking if she was ok and if she was able, to give me any kind of sign.
I wish I could post a photo I took that evening, here in my mother's house. You can see a, what looks like a band of white light covering my two dogs whilst the were snuggled up together on my mother's sofa.
It was pretty amazing to see :)
I've changed my Avatar, this is the photo I took with my phone, no flash used.

Wow Tricia... I've never seen anything quite like that in terms of visual phenomena in photos...
Old 29-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Experiencer
Thanks, it was pretty amazing, my mother loved both my dogs and I'm always taking photos of them and this one time, it sure did amaze me :)
Old 29-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Knower

I started seeing spirits 2 years ago with the death of my sister in law. She appeared many times.

One night I saw a dark haired handsome young man standing by my bedroom door and he was smiling at me, I had a feeling that this was my son but was not totally sure (I had a lot of full bodied visits from other people by this time). I asked my dead sister in law if she would ask my dead son to come and visit me. A few nights later the same man that had been smiling at me appeared. This was my son who had died when he was 5 years old and now appeared to be in his late 20's. He came back again for a third visit.
Old 29-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Experiencer
I can't actually say I see spirit as such, it's more like seeing them in my minds eye, impressions, if you know what I mean.
The same as hearing spirit, I don't actually hear a voice, it's thought form.
Mind you, this is how we communicate when we are on the other side. We learn that spoken words are not necessary :)
Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 AM
Experiencer

I've enjoyed reading these posts. Last night, after reading some of these, I asked for a sign that my son was still around, if he is. (He died 6 1/2 years ago.) I read the post about the birds that flew overhead, with one touching someone's cheek (post 2, I think). Anyway, this morning when I was walking my dog, I heard a very loud crow, which isn't unusual, but after "talking" awhile, it flew right over my head. I don't think that has ever happened before. Then, when it landed on a nearby tree, it kept chattering. I think maybe it was a sign from my son. I thought of a picture I have of him when we was "goth"--dressed in a black overcoat, which was his habit at that time in his life. I wonder if he might have chosen to greet me in the form of a crow, sort of like "being goth" for old times sake.

Another story. I don't remember all the specifics of this one. My best friend had died not long before this, and I can't remember now what it was I was doing, but every time I took a step, the touch lamp would turn on and off. That lamp has been there 20 years, I think, and it has never done that at any other time. I believe my friend was saying hello. Once I told her that was enough (I liked it but was also a little freaked out), it quit.

Last story for now. Before my best friend died, she had recommended that I watch the series _Lie to Me_, which she had just finished watching. I had watched several episodes by the time she died, but not all of them. Eventually I continued to watch the rest of the series, and several times she had a bit of fun with me over it. Sometimes I hear words in my head, and just before watching a particular _Lie to Me_ episode, I heard a phrase that seemed insulting. I don't remember now what the phrase was, but I remember I was confused by it and wondered if my friend was mad at me or something. Then I watched the show, and that phrase came up, and suddenly my confusion was gone. My friend was giving me a "preview" of the episode! We both admire William Faulkner, but sometimes he seems like such a know-it-all that she nicknamed him William "smartypants" Faulkner. I teased her about imitating him--being a smartypants herself! That was great fun.