Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-04-2018, 07:54 AM
Master
...and, of course my life keeps going from the sublime to the totally ridiculous and I highly doubt anybody on earth faces the same unique problems as I do...it's totally ludicrous!

So, I take my mother out shopping again and what does she buy? whole pumpkin, whole pineapple, nuts that need shelling, meat that needs de-boning and when we get home, she shows me a recipe that "she" wants to make...and when I say "she", I mean "me" that takes like 2hrs preparation time and an hour and a half cooking time, when all I want to do is bung something together that takes 15-20 minutes max!

So, what happens next is a cooking time 'dutch auction' to try and arrive at some kind of acceptable, agreeable compromise and come up with a recipe based on that time...now, I wonder if that happens to anybody ELSE in the universe? We start at 3 hours...no, 30 minutes!...what about 2 hrs 45?...no, 40 minutes! what about 2 and a half hours?...no, 45 minutes!...meanwhile, I sit there thinking about all the ways I'd love to commit suicide and one day, it will happen.
Old 22-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Master
That's it! I just went to make dinner and she gives me a butter knife to cut the pumpkin with!!! When I ask "do you have anything bigger and sharper?" she goes "no, I don't, but what's wrong with that knife? you can do it! I know you can!"...so I ended up making her a packet of 3 minute noodles, taking the Baileys out of her cupboard with an "excuse me, but I am going to get totally wasted now" and of course she started complaining and of course I showed her some nice retirement homes with a "so, do you want to go to this one...or that one?" and I totally understand why children put their elderly parents in homes and forget about them....as an alternative to killing them...it's the lesser of the two 'evils'...
Old 22-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Master
Yeah, so now I understand why I am like I am...it's the ultimate form of abuse, giving somebody you love an 'impossible task' before saying "nothing is impossible...it's easy...I could do it, but you need to show me that you can" and then, if/when I refuse because the expectation is totally unrealistic, I get "you are just lazy" and so, I have gone through my whole life admitting I was lazy, stupid, disobedient etc because I either could not do or didn't want to do those impossible tasks that I was always set...and when I admitted I was lazy, stupid or a 'bad girl', I always got "well, it's up to you to change that, because being lazy, stupid and bad is totally unacceptable, to me and to society" and I'd be like, "but mum..why should I change when I LOVE being lazy, stupid and bad?".....and thus, it began.

...and so, after a few glasses of Baileys, she approaches me; "well, what am I sposed to DO with this pumpkin I bought then?"

I'm like "I dunno, go and place it on the road, pray to your 'fairy godmother' and with a wave of her magic wand, maybe she'll turn it into a motorised wheelchair for you, give you a pair of glass slippers too, and so you can go to the ball in style!"

and she goes "I cannot talk to you when you're like this...you're being totally unreasonable!"

then I'm like "yeah, about as unreasonable as expecting me to peel and chop up a pumpkin using a butter knife..."

I swear, a glorious and hilarious sitcom can be made from my life...I should sell the rights...
Old 23-04-2018, 05:32 AM
Pathfinder
I share similar point of view with jro5139, even though I can understand that people have plenty of problems with the gods, spirit world,...especially in the western world where scientific materialism, atheism and materialistic economic system,..all this is powering many destructive beliefs, glorification of ''reason and logic'' as the only way of understanding & feeling. Even more catholicism had also dissapointed and exploited people in the name of GOD, all mainstream religions often still holds many destructive ways in the name of GOD. But otherwise, we aren't in control of the entire show. We aren't in control of the wind, of the sun, of the moon,...we aren't even in control of our own breath and heartbeat. Yes we have an influence on it,..but frankly majority of things are outside of our control, and when we try to control everything,..we get frustrated and depressed because we can't do it. We say that our subconscious is the real deal,..the real ''thing'' that keep us alive,...but from a scientific point of view we don't know nothing about it, we have no idea what subconscious is, the same as we don't know what is dark energy,...we all have this deep love inside of us,..this unlimited compassion,..this is what people call to be in touch with,..krishna, alah, jesus, guan yin,holy spirit...and it has nothing to do with religion, it was there already long before any religions was formed, it was with us already when we was born,..it is this what gives us always new hope, comforting us in our bad times,...and the more we manage to stay in touch with this, more calm, peaceful, compassionate,..we become to oneself and to others.
Old 23-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Words like subconscious and ego can be interpreted in more ways than one, so I will try to say it another way. Many of the teachings say that the ultimate goal or game of life is union with deity or the creator. The only thing that gives the appearance that we are separate from the creator is ignorance. We are not separate from the creator, we are a part of the creator and therefore we are also creators.

Reality is quite literally an illusion. Those that claim reality is not an illusion are the ones most trapped in it. The closer you get to the creator the more you can throw consensus reality and the laws of science out the window. How hard is it to create an illusion within an illusion? Not very hard at all when you see it for what it is.

Greed and materialism are just a couple examples of believing that we are separate from the creator. Compassion comes after a certain degree of liberation from the mind and a realization that we are part of the creator. You come to understand that people have no choice in how they believe or behave because they are trapped in ignorance. You realize they are in a mental prison and suffering just like you were. You "forgive them for they no not what they do." Love is the natural state of the creator. It is not human love. Love isn't even the correct word, it is something far greater than what the mind can conceive or put into words. It can only be experienced.

If you believe in limitation then limitation will be your reality. We define the rules that create our reality and in turn we create the lessons to learn. No destiny, only levels of awareness. Less awareness = more self-created lessons to learn until we fully awaken.
Old 24-04-2018, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Quite the opposite.

What you give attention to grows.
This is fact proven during the election of trump.
This fact also proven by statistics each election.
Hence the saying any press is good press.
Trump had the most attention be it bad or good he had both sides
Focused on himself. Wise man.

When you focus on there being a over abundance of poor
Your adding fuel to that fire. When you focus on the sick and tired
You add growth to that with your energy.

If you want to fight poverty than focus on a solution. Focus on creating more jobs that only hire homeless and focus on creating centers that promote true health.

What is being twisted to fit an agenda on this thread is still true.

DONT FOCUS ON THE PROBLEM. FOCUS ON THE SOLUTION!

In other words. Don’t focus on sickness and poverty, focus on wealth and health.

It seems to me that not addressing illness and poverty would lead to more illness and poverty, and what defines wealth and health but the contrasting principle of poverty and illness? In LoA do we still consider the issue of consequence?