Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnIXght
My best understanding is that he/she/it created all that is with a certain set of laws and then allowed it to evolve it's own consciousness. Is this an accurate assessment?

I understand we will all perceive God in our own ways, but I just wanted to hear other's take or experiences with the Creator
Your take is pretty darn good!
I would only add or tweek it for me...This Superior Spirit Being, that has no gender, , created All That Is
with a set of Brilliant Laws; a Genius System and
all that is made with a Consciousness, a spark of 'Himself' within each atom...the stone, the air, the human...
from my experience, not from anything I have read or heard.

(And God and the creation don't have much to do with things said
in the Bible...some, but not much!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Your take is pretty darn good!
I would only add or tweek it for me...This Superior Spirit Being, that has no gender, , created All That Is
with a set of Brilliant Laws; a Genius System and
all that is made with a Consciousness, a spark of 'Himself' within each atom...the stone, the air, the human...
from my experience, not from anything I have read or heard.

(And God and the creation don't have much to do with things said
in the Bible...some, but not much!)

Hi Miss Hepburn! I think another question that we can ask ourselves similarly to a Zen tradition of using deduction to reveal Truth is, "What is not God?"

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 16-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the oversimplified title, but I wanted to hopefully grab your attention.

So, I grew a pretty strict Christian due to the fact that my dad was a preacher; however, as I got a little older there was something within me that did not sit well with that religion. The one question that caused my break from Christianity was,

"How is it unconditional love if I am expected to believe in someone I've never met or I will suffer for all of eternity?" Is that not a condition?

Anyways, that left me to wonder what God actually is. Well, I always loved calling our creator Father, mainly because my dad was really not a great fatherly role so I daydreamed of what a great father would be like. But I have come to realize that the creator is so much more.

My best understanding is that he/she/it created all that is with a certain set of laws and then allowed it to evolve it's own consciousness. Is this an accurate assessment?

I understand we will all perceive God in our own ways, but I just wanted to hear other's take or experiences with the Creator
Hi there, I'd like to share a little in response. I approached Christianity in a way that I read and learned apart from others and the words of Jesus simply blew me away. I've since crossed over to other shores but I really value that time which lasted about 10 years.
I've experienced what I call God in many ways and I am wondering if you have also.
I don't really know what God is but I know there is something.
I find that God can be elusive so I've learned to see God in me. In doing so I also see the desire for God to be something I can relate to outside of me. That may just be wishful thinking though lol

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 16-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Master
God does not fit within the concepts of human beings. As concepts are the way in which we frame things,
or picture them, and God is infinite, with no beginning or end, and does not fit in a picture frame. Nonetheless,
I am of the belief that God is nothing, that is to say no-thing.

God is not a thing because things have boundaries and borders and infinity does not have boundaries or borders.
At the same time as being no-thing, God is everything, and much, much more. Beyond the confines of the human mind,
transcending thoughts and words.

In my opinion God is called “father” because in its’ pure formlessness God is the masculine principle that impregnates nature,
and nature is the feminine aspect of God that brings forth the fruit of creation. Although, in my truth, God is both mother
and father. Gender, in the form of masculine and feminine principles, is a part of cosmic law, or the cosmic process.

By its nature the creation is conditional; it contains conditions; it contains “things.” Whereas God is unconditional because
God is omnipresent; and not a “thing.“ God is everywhere, and not limited by conditions. That which I know as “GOD” is in
everything, surrounds everything, and creates everything out of itself.

So I would not apply human concepts of unconditional, from the point of view with me coming from a place of being in a
conditional human state. In my conditional, physical state of being, I am trying to understand that which is beyond my
conditional, physical state of being. An while I can definitely get a glimpse of that unconditional existence, my human
mind will never be able to grasp its’ totality. Still, what I have glimpsed has left me in awe.

P.S. I do not follow any particular religion on spiritual path, but I do take liberally from most religious and spiritual paths.
The beginning of my awakening came from the knowledge that I can have an extremely initmate relationship with God
without following any religion or particular spiritual path. Still, I respect those who do follow a particular loving religion
or spiritual path.
Old 20-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the oversimplified title, but I wanted to hopefully grab your attention.

So, I grew a pretty strict Christian due to the fact that my dad was a preacher; however, as I got a little older there was something within me that did not sit well with that religion. The one question that caused my break from Christianity was,

"How is it unconditional love if I am expected to believe in someone I've never met or I will suffer for all of eternity?" Is that not a condition?

Anyways, that left me to wonder what God actually is. Well, I always loved calling our creator Father, mainly because my dad was really not a great fatherly role so I daydreamed of what a great father would be like. But I have come to realize that the creator is so much more.

I believe that everyone and everything is God - so there is nothing that is not God. I therefore don't see God as a separate enitity or isolated from who I am. As I too am God. As we all are

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 20-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Master

What I have come to believe about God:

we are all a piece of God, a piece of the Divine that created everything.
God is an energy and not a "person"
We are all a part of that energy

I believe God wanted to explore more about "himself/herself" (God is not a person, but it is hard to speak about God and take the person aspect out of it) and that is what the Big Bang was, God exploding into all of us little pieces.

We are all a part of the whole of God. God is inside each and every one of us. God is experiencing life through us, as us.

We are all larger than we know
We all have an Oversoul, a Higher Self, whatever you want to call the true essense of ourself

Only a piece of that essense came down into our physical body

Since we are all a piece of our Higher Self, and can't comprehend the totality of what that all emcompasses (and i have come to believe that we are all living past and future lives all at the same time, time being a construct of this world but not reality) I don't believe I could ever truly understand the totality of what God is

I do know we all have helpers: our angels, our spiritual guides, our Higher Self, Jesus, that we can call upon any time of day or night. I consider them emmessaries of this greater loving energy that is God.

I believe God is love and we are all a piece of that. So we are all made up of Love, which is the Universe.

It is the circle of life, to be sure.

So a lot of Jesus' teachings make a lot more sense to who we really are when viewed through this lens.

We don't need a middleman to speak to God. We are the middleman (sorry I grew up Catholic and that religion teaches you have to go through a priest, and the priest would ask God for you, and that we couldn't talk to God personally, only pray to him.

You can speak to God, and God will answer. You can speak to Jesus, and Jesus will answer.

My faith has increased, rather than decreased, since I began to speak to Jesus and hear him answer me directly.

It is a choice we all make, what to believe. Our parents give us their beliefs and send us out into the world with the most loving of intentions.

But parents tend to teach their children what they believe.

It is up to the children to explore and come upon their own beliefs, and then teach their parents what they found.

The circle of life.

The children are the teachers.
Old 21-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello everyone,

There is only Gods consciousness. There is no consciousness that is not Gods.

Composite beings, like us humans, are boxes that allow the gathering of enough consciousness for self-awareness, self-realization, and self-liberation.

God as creator is only one story.

God as all that is, that is another.

For as many humans there are, there are just as many theories of what God is.

God as one thing. God as two things. God as beyond two things. God as no single thing. God as every thing. God as every thing and no thing.

One interesting thing I've found out about being alive is that you have a hotline to God. You can talk to God if that is your desire. Talk to God and you'll find the answers you seek. Everyone seeks their own understanding. the best teachers only show you the door, they do not tell you what is beyond it. You are free to find your own answers.