Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Master
Hello

I like the question, and I would love to explain a thing or two, but I can't just run an in-depth narrative as though it is an answer of some kind. I have to talk it through from the beginning to the end and that has to go along with the lived experience, so it is a long process that is true to life rather than intellectually known.

I may be wrong, but because the reasons you give for exiting the body are more or less to do with long past trauma and difficulty in life, it seems to me like a way of healing the life issues old. It seems to me that both these aspects of old trauma and presence with the body go together... as the mind manifest to body.
Old 14-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Eelco

Hi Alex,

Can you explain how you are not grounded enough?
I know it is a popular belief these days. Had me fooled for the longest time.

You state a lot of memories of things that happened in the past. Even though those experiences may have influenced who you think you are now. They are just thoughts about past events.

You have a 20 year old body. Take a moment and listen to the sound around you now. Those sounds are registered by your ears right now. So there you connected to that part of the body. Same for seeing, smelling, tasting, touching. Even thinking is a brain connection happening right now.

Whenever you think you are ungrounded. Pick one of the sense doors and know what bollocks that idea was. One thing I like to do is walk around barefoot for a while and utilize my sense of touch at the soles of my feet to remember. There is no separation. None. Never was and never will be.

Just my identification with a passing thought that made me think I was ungrounded.

With Love
Eelco
Old 14-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex719
Hello to everyone.
I am Alex, 20 years old. Turning back to the time when I was a child, I can say that my parents were not be made one for each other, in fact their zodiacal signs tells a big difference. They always talked from opposite points of view. My mother is a sensible soul and my father is more rational and I think that he needs more intelectual stimulation for being present.
During those years, being a child I grew up in one family when screams and illogical reasons for them were at their home. Without knowing how to protect myself each time, even in many times I went to different rooms and was preoccupied with something else, I think that when I did not do that I choosed to project my astral body out of my physical one, for not being present anymore at those screamings because of traumas that I felt when I was more present.
The problem is that I grew up in this way, and thanking to Lord which started to open my eyes in this year because till now I was an completely absent person during my teenager years, I started to read more about those topics and I became aware that I am a very spiritual person, my LIfe Path number being 7.
My question is what techniques can I adopt daily for learning again to ground myself in the physical body and not being so much daydreamer ? I left masturbation, I intention to resume Facebook opening at just one open in the evening for educational purpose or talking with one friend. I mention in the ending that I study computer programming and I really need logical reasoning and awareness.
Thank you in advance, all and God bless you.
Hi alex719,

Simple - don't ignore the physical. Keep the body fit and healthy by doing exercise daily or keeping fit by some regular constructive physical activity like gardening, pottery, woodworking, service to others, cook for yourself or others - even taking a brisk walk everyday, swimming, etc.. Computer programming doesn't qualify, as that is decidedly mental, so if you have to do that to make a living - take breaks to exercise, get away from the computer (e.g. no long or indefinite sessions).

Also, don't dwell on past trauma & dissatisfaction; release from resentments - concentrate on moving forward by doing what is satisfying in the present.

~ J
Old 14-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i like what you've written Starman. you have a good way with words.
i also appreciate that you've tailored your above post in the manner
that it appears... which i imagine to have been a deliberate choice.
Thank you. I used to do technical writing; putting together grant proposals for millions
of dollars to setup group homes in Denver for severely and profoundly retarded adults
(today we say developmentally disabled) to get them out of institutions, or putting
together a grant to setup a drug treatment and prevention program in New York, etc.
Today I frequently do volunteer work writing VA disability claims for veterans so that
they can get their benefits. I learned how to do technical writing back in the 1970's.

However, when speaking of spiritual matters, I usually do quiet meditation before posting
something and thereby have what I want to share come from a deeper place. But I am not
always successful at that. Writing to me is like music, its' like conducting an orcrastra and
the words are like melodies that are composed to make tunes, as we do tune in to what
people say or write. It pleases me when I can place the presence of love in an online post.
A talent given from the divine; we all have our own unique talents.
Old 14-05-2018, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello to everyone.
I am Alex, 20 years old. Turning back to the time when I was a child, I can say that my parents were not be made one for each other, in fact their zodiacal signs tells a big difference. They always talked from opposite points of view. My mother is a sensible soul and my father is more rational and I think that he needs more intelectual stimulation for being present.
During those years, being a child I grew up in one family when screams and illogical reasons for them were at their home. Without knowing how to protect myself each time, even in many times I went to different rooms and was preoccupied with something else, I think that when I did not do that I choosed to project my astral body out of my physical one, for not being present anymore at those screamings because of traumas that I felt when I was more present.
The problem is that I grew up in this way, and thanking to Lord which started to open my eyes in this year because till now I was an completely absent person during my teenager years, I started to read more about those topics and I became aware that I am a very spiritual person, my LIfe Path number being 7.
My question is what techniques can I adopt daily for learning again to ground myself in the physical body and not being so much daydreamer ? I left masturbation, I intention to resume Facebook opening at just one open in the evening for educational purpose or talking with one friend. I mention in the ending that I study computer programming and I really need logical reasoning and awareness.

AS a reformed day dreamer trapped in that world I created, I had to learn that I was avoiding myself on some level of that creation, but also learn I created this way of being as my safe space to be in the world and get by. So in some ways this space became my closest companion and knew my deepest feelings and fears.

When the time came (my own readiness and process) this day dreamers world I created came alive in ways where I was able to express myself more and let go of things I contained within it. I used a writing process to tap into it and I just let things flow in ways where "writing" then became my safe space to express myself and let go of things that my dreamer self no longer needed to contain. Over time this gave me more grounding to come out of hiding from myself, slowly but also in my own time. The more I expressed myself more openly the more empowered and grounded I became.

You can find a creative source that fits you to tap into your inner world. It could be anything that fits you. The key to grounding is to become light within. Carry a lighter load, so your able to walk tall and feel stronger. Feel yourself as you, not what the world around you is being, where you have to escape into that inner world and create there. Day dreaming can be a wonderful creative source for you alone, its where you gifts of self expression and creative musing lay. When your ready to tap into it, it can support you to express your deepest feelings and in the process have fun doing it.

It doesn't have to be heavy and hard, but fun and explorative into that world of your dreamer self, who eventually wants you to live the life of your dreams. It makes sense to come out and allow your dreamer the space of love and support for yourself, to live your life grounded and safe.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello to everyone.

try mindfulness and zen