Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM
darkness

mad at God?

I feel mad at god and confused...I've been baptised christian since 18n but now I feel like its all just not even real just an illusion or something a crazy man thought of....not to offend anyone.

I still want to believe..I ask for signs that he's real, but then how am I to know when/if there is one? Today I just had this thought that god is giving us a life, lessons, people to love, things we have in our hearts, but then god takes it all away? That doesn't seem very kind, like he's a loving god. :/

I feel like trying to live a life following him only makes me more inhibited, like I'm a prisoner.. but I should just let this all go, right? I mean, god forgives us...but even though he does, a lot of times I try not to 'sin' or do wrong. I'm so confused... I'm following the ideas of a man who lived thousands of years ago...the world and people have changed...isn't his guidance outdated?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 PM
tigerthescorpion

I think these are perfectly natural questions for someone exposed to a formal church, but it's also a narrow view. Please don't cast the thought of God out of your mind. What follows is just my opinion but I hope it helps you...

God is always just. He is not a man in the sky. I think this is why people start to think "well, he's not a nice guy" and turn away from Father-Mother God... because they were taught he's a man in the sky who just arbitrarily decides to do good and bad things to us. NOT the case!

God is not simple. It is important to fully understand "the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away." This doesn't mean he's a man in the sky giving us blessings, then taking them and laughing. That's silly.

We are on the material plane, bound by karma of all our past lives, bound by material laws and the karma of the human race. Blinded by illusion. This is not a perfect place- that is the nature of the material world. Our souls chose to come here to learn, and accepted this bargain as we entered the illusion of separation. Have you ever considered that bad things happen for a reason? That perhaps if a bad thing happens to you, it is because of past life karma? Even if we are freeing ourselves from this karma, we still inhabit imperfect material bodies in a material world, at the mercy of material nature. This is the Law, it is how it is here. It doesn't mean God is cruel.

And no, I don't believe that the guidance of Christ is outdated. Here's the sum of it: forgiveness, love, and sacrifice. Still rings true today, if not more so today. But are there outdated teachings in the Bible as a whole? Certainly. Discern for yourself.

Lastly, you talked of sin and inhibition. Go within yourself and seek the answer to what is wrong (for you) and right (for you). Pray, search your heart of hearts.

Avoid "sin" or negative actions because you truly see the error in them and don't want to do them. Avoid them because they clash with your true purpose and life plan. To try to do what is right with God in our hearts is not imprisonment. You may feel imprisoned because you are letting a church tell you "do this, don't do this" and following these rules out of blind fear.

You will feel all the more free when you discern for yourself, in communion with God (however you perceive him/her), what to do. The Law is written in your heart.

P.S: I know what it's like to be "mad at God" and there is no shame in it, in fact in the stories of Krsna, sometimes his devotees were angry with him and this is considered a valid way to interact with God. But I hope you open your eyes and see that God has never once abandoned you, and there's a purpose for everything.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Mind's Eye

I don't think your mad at God, but rather a concept of God... Let's face it, some religions pin every happening in the universe on "God's will." But they forget free will... People make mistakes, people do hurtful things. Accidents happen and bad things can transpire... But when we pin it all on God and label it as tests, trials and Divine will which we will never fully understand; then lines get blurred and God becomes part of our problems instead of the answer to them. My advice, question the religion that was made by man, not the dignity and honor of the Higher Being. You will find great peace when your soul comes to know God personally, rather than what man has said about him.

Peace.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Master
Good advice from Minds Eye.
Old 13-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
I feel like trying to live a life following him only makes me more inhibited, like I'm a prisoner.. but I should just let this all go, right? I mean, god forgives us...but even though he does, a lot of times I try not to 'sin' or do wrong. I'm so confused... I'm following the ideas of a man who lived thousands of years ago...the world and people have changed...isn't his guidance outdated?
Hi darkness,

There's a lot of different way to look at God and the bible, and if the one you've been following is not working out for you then can always change your mind. I think most of what we believe is an illusion, it all comes from thought which can be pretty much anything. We don't really know as much as we think we do. I think finding God is about letting go of what I think I know.
Old 13-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Mary Baker

Mind's Eye addresses the problem well by introducing the facct of free will.

Darkness, you seem to be caught up in a confusion of multiple do's and don'ts. SIN is a single thing; a spiritual orientation in error of God's will. Sins are attitudes and acts springing forth from from this erring basis.

The remedy is to simply and genuinly surrender allowing God to give you a new heart.

"Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

His will is that we love Him unconditionally as He loves us unconditionally.
That we love our neighbor as ourselves. (Care as much about their welfare)
That we love our enemies, pray for them and do good to them.

Believe and trust. In the end all will be well.

I believe that seen in eternal Light, all is eternally well.
Old 15-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
?

First let me say this, despite what you’ve been taught. If you meant Jesus being the Father, then the Father was NEVER a man, he was never flesh, only the son was, COLOR="DarkRed"]John 3:16,17). Many Christians seem to always forget, Satan will do ALL he can, to make people turn from Jehovah God, and NOT truely follow Jesus. Many say he can’t turn me against God, wrong thing to say. If one knows they living in some way, the ways of the world. Which mean they’re against God ,
(1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world), They ALREADY opened themselves up to satan’s tricks ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil).

And...(2Cor.4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (many wants to believe God ONLY meant the “un-believers”, wrong, it also applies to many “believers” who satan has fooled into believing certain lies. Exam., the false teaching that Jesus is really the Father, just the son on earth. Even though Jesus plainly shows he’s not ,(John 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also). If you feel need to know ,(I guess you mean Jesus), if god is real. Maybe you might want to try learning of the Almighty God, Jesus Father. Which Jesus not only said we need to know , in order to gain life, (John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). But that’s the ONLY way we’re considered his spiritual family ,(Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother).

Many speaks of slowly losing their faith, because things are going wrong in their life. Yet they refuse to do the WILL of Jesus Father, as he said. many say, I follow, or believe Jesus. Yet they continually say they serve Jesus, when Jesus told us who we should serve. And he NEVER tried to take his Father’s Glory ,(Phil.2:5,6-Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God). We blame God, not trying to check ourselves like Job did. He was a very faithful man, he didn’t know God allowed satan to test him. satan thought Job was only faithful because God blessed him with much. Job being so humble, thought he did something wrong against God. though he didn’t know what he did, he wouldn’t blame or curse God. He had just that much love and faith. Many of us are not like that. If you feel like a “prisoner“, trying to follow Jesus. Then maybe you should see if you really want to do so. Jesus not only came to die for us, but to teach us his Father’s words, (John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you).

we have to go to Jehovah God, for forgives, not Jesus, it isn’t for him to do. Why do you think we pray in Jesus name?, we do this, so that GOD, the Father, can hear us. Jesus became the mediator between perfect God, and imperfect man, Since he was both. There’s many reasons why are prayers aren’t answered. One is because we’re NOT willing to pray to Jesus Father. Also many Christians have to understand, we can’t even come close to Jesus. So IF…he had to go through something, as well as his Apostles. Why many us think we won’t? they didn’t blame God, Who are we to believe we can? As I tell myself, I’ll tell you and others, meaning no disrespect, put yourself in check, before you try to check God/god. peace[/color]