Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Knower
Sensing Death?

After i turned 18, I've had weird experiences when it comes to the deceased. One day, out of the blue, I thought of a friend of mine whom I haven't seen since 5th grade. I also felt sadness when I thought of him. I thought I was just reminiscing and wishing I kept in touch, so I didn't put much thought into it. 2 weeks later he was in a car accident and died. A few years later my grandfather's name popped in my head, like my friend's, but I felt much sadness. I called my mother to see if she's spoken to her father and she said he was in the hospital. He, too, died that year. Not 2 months after, my grandmother, my deceased grandfather's wife, started going downhill. The doctors had found a tumor. They scheduled and MRI to see how much there was and my parents, aunt and uncles were afraid she wouldn't make it though since the doctors said it could be risky. I didn't feel anything as far as sadness or anything like that, so I told my mom I think she'll be ok and come out fine. She went through the appointment fine and even came home, but the tumor was inoperable, so hospice came in. A week before she passed, I again had her name pop in my head with a feeling of sadness. The most recent example is of my uncle. His name popped into my head and I felt a need to call my mother. She said he's in the hospital with the same condition as my deceased grandfather (liver failure). Thankfully, he's out of the hospital and still alive today, but iI feel a growing sadness whenever I think of him.

Is this just coincidence? Has anyone else felt or experienced something like this?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Medium_Laura

It's quite common to sense when someone is going to leave us physically. We as sensitives, tap into the Universal Knowledge and can access the guides and angels who are preparing for their homecoming.

I have sensed many family and friends before their passings. Just understand that knowing, gives us more time with them before they transition from physical and into the astral :)
Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Experiencer
Some spiritual groups would label you an "empath"...I would label you a very good candidate for Hospice volunteering...don't let these experiences get you down. As morbid as they are, they are gifts of learning if you explore them (yourself).
Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
sesheta

To Winterlily

I too seem to have a sense of when someone is dying, and it is something that has been with me since I was very young. The first instance I don't even remember- it is when my paternal grandmother died (I was about 2 yrs. old) My mom was at home in the living room, sitting in a rocking chair to get me to take a nap. She told me that, suddenly I sat up, looked at her and asked "why did grandma go to sleep?" Turns out that was the time she died in the hospital.
I have also sensed when other family members have been dying, as well. I can close my eyes and focus on the person; if they are going to be OK, I will still feel their "life force" so to speak. When they are not going to make it, everything just keeps going black, no matter how much I try to focus. I assume it is the dying person's way of communicating that they are letting go....
I also sensed this with my own mother just before she died. I do find it easier to have this ability; knowing in advance makes it much easier to prepare for the death, so it's not just a sudden unexpected shock when it happens.
I have asked people that I know if they would want me to tell them if I sensed this about someone in their life...most people either say they don't want to know, or they can't decide if they want to know or not. I find this strange, but I guess it's because I've always had this gift, so I can't imagine not knowing...
Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Knower
I know my father and brother both "sense" this too, so I know I'm not alone and it helps to be able to talk to them as well. However my mother and sister do not and sometimes get uncomfortable when a conversation about it arises.

Sesheta - It's very interesting to hear about someone feeling another's energy like you do. I only feel emotions, but never thought of myself as an empath, as Rob stated (though now that I think about it, it fits me. :) )

Rob - Thank you for your inspiration. :) It does seem morbid at times, but I've learn to contact those I get the feelings with and spend time with them before the time comes for them to go.
Old 25-09-2011, 09:25 PM
feralfae

Yeah. Most of the women in my family are like that. It may be related to empathy. Also people who work with shadow/darkness. or death magic spirituality often seem to be more in tune with with that sort of thing than most, at least in my experience.
Old 25-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Medium_Laura

uh.. I don't work with death magic, shadows or darkness...
Old 26-09-2011, 07:37 PM
feralfae

Cool. Neither does my grandmother. I was just saying that in my in my personal experience so far, it has seemed that way. By the same token, I also know a few people who work with shadow magic and are "clued in" as to when people will die -- but who aren't empaths. Also, I was kind of in a rush when I made that last post.
Old 26-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Anouska

In my experience, when I'm with someone or even thinking of them, I "see" angels wings when death is near. Anyone know the significance of the "wings".
Old 27-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Medium_Laura

Anouska, you will see what is your belief. Do you believe angels have wings? Do you believe people become angels when they die? Then that could be why you see wings.

I don't believe either of those (angels move with thought. People who saw angels mistook their super bright auras for wings.)

When someone near me is going to die, I feel a sense of soul detachment with them. Almost like you would feel meeting a zombie in real life. They simply feel like an empty shell. Their soul has already started to detach.

My father, 8 months before his diagnosis of cancer, didn't have this. Instead I had a flash vision just as I was laying down to sleep. Coffin, people crying, dad dead. I sat up startled. Trying to ignore it but still told my father to see a doctor. He did, but it was too late by then. Stage 4 esophageal and stomach cancer. He died in 2008.

Sometimes we are given the gift of knowing someone will die so that we can spend more time with them and say/do the things we never would if we didn't know. I took that opportunity and it was wonderful.