Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 01:06 AM
Newbie ;)

3 Day Water Fast

Hello my beautiful friends,

I have always had a feeling of comfort when consuming food or being satiated. I have had some success in losing weight, mainly by questioning and unlearning information I believed was fact.

On the night of Sunday the 7th of January, I will begin a 3 day water fast and document my progress here for all to see. I have fasted in the past but often struggle tremendously after day 1.

There are a couple things I would like to achieve with it:
- Understand when my body is actually hungry vs when it is being influenced to eat e.g. Parasites, Boredom, Need for comfort
- Lessen my dependency on food.

To prepare I have stopped eating meat for the past 10 days, and dairy as of 2 days ago. Today, tomorrow and Sunday I will eat mainly fruit, nuts and vegetables. If I can get away without eating carbohydrates on Saturday and Sunday I will do so in an attempt to enter Ketosis sooner to negate the effects of tiredness during the fast.

I am excited and look forward to undertaking this journey with you all
Old 05-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Forgot to mention, during the fast I will not be consuming anything other than distilled water.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Master
iv tryd it my slf but i cnt coz sertm meds i need 2 hav food 2 hav thm

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
iv tryd it my slf but i cnt coz sertm meds i need 2 hav food 2 hav thm

How did you feel throughout?
Old 05-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Newbie ;)

2 Days until Fast: With Meat and dairy removed from the diet its funny to notice how these things seem to attract to me now.

Was shouted Hungry Jacks out of no where yesterday for lunch. Was also given a Thick shake out of the blue from a friend. For dinner, Pizza was offered.

Its just interesting to see when you don't want something, that seems to draw it to you.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Noticed a similar thing occur when I gave up alcohol for 6 months. When I was drinking, there never seemed to be as much around (probably due to the fact I had drunk it).

Once I had given it up, people were offering to buy me drinks, giving me bottles as gifts or inviting to take me out. Something to think about.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy
How did you feel throughout?

i did try 2 do on meds but i flt weid lite hed visen feltt bluryy it did

i no bef meds yrs go i flt grt i did
but now im on meds i dnt thng il be doin agan or just cut my calri in tak dwn i will

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Newbie ;)

24 Hours before the start of the I began eating just nuts and seeds in an attempt to achieve ketosis sooner into my fast.

And it has begun! Started just over 5 hours ago. Begun the fast without water to see how my body responds. Will continue without water until my body feels the need for it.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy
24 Hours before the start of the I began eating just nuts and seeds in an attempt to achieve ketosis sooner into my fast.

And it has begun! Started just over 5 hours ago. Begun the fast without water to see how my body responds. Will continue without water until my body feels the need for it.
Good luck with it and kindly let me know how you manage to get over the migraines which always hit me on the morning of day 2. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Newbie ;)

27 hrs in.
Feeling confident with continuing the dry fast for now. Hunger isnt affecting me as much as it has in the past with fasting.

Think it may have something to do with not consuming water. When I drink more I notice the cravings for food increase and visa versa. When I abstain from both, its like my body is in a weird sort of 'balance'?

Did notice lightheadedness when I rise too fast from sitting or lying down. Also had a few minor headaches. Nothing compared to what you were getting Shivani. To combat it, I lied down and rested for 20min or so which seemed to work.

Mouth is fairly dry, especially first thing this morning but I am still producing a fair bit of saliva which is confusing.

One thing I found very interesting is I am not as tired as I would be usually. I am lucky enough to be able to seize the opportunity for a nap after lunch. On this fast I have struggled to sleep during the day, and for some reason I woke at 6am this morning where I usually wake around 7-8am. Perhaps I am getting sufficient energy from my body being in ketosis, whilst saving the energy I usually would be using to break down my usual 2-3 meals a day?

Will note down how I feel when I wake tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed no migraines! Night.
Closed Thread