Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-11-2018, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

That being said, I saw something on YouTube a few months ago and now I am repeatedly playing it over and over to justify and cement this into practicality.

https://youtu.be/N55lsGkS-00

Great video! Simple, direct, relevant!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Peace & Blessings (the non-condescending variety!)
Received with pleasure and gratitude.

Backatcha, Brother.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
What avail the voice wise & steady
If the listener is not ready?

This reminds me of a documented episode where Buddha was to give a sermon but kept the audience waiting because he said that while there were many who came to hear him, he would begin only when the one person open to listening arrives! Yes! He spoke later, for that one individual!

One listened. Many heard.
I think, 'wisdom' is the adept recognition and avail/use of opportunity.

Recognizing the wisdom of the above choice in the case of Buddha (that is assuming he was so clair-sentient that he knew that no one else (other than that individual) there would 'get' what he said), since I recognize myself not to to be completely clair-sentient, I also sometimes choose to act on the 'wisdom' implicit in:

"Behold, there went out a sower to sow: And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up. And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred. And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

I have also accepted the fact that, in any case, my less-than-absolutely-power-full powers of communication are limited by the fact (stated in Paul Simon's words in The Boxer) that: "Still a man hears [only] what he wants to hear, and disregards all the rest."

Old 02-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Master
Inspirational
Old 08-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Dear Shivani Ji,

Is your health fine or better now?

Please answer when you feel like it, I will wait patiently and do not intend to disturb you.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Dear Shivani ji,

Update:
I am about to complete the YOGA-KUNDALINI UPANISHAD as well.

Also, thank you so much for your generous help and guidance Shivani ji.

Last edited by captainamerica : 11-11-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Dear Shivani Ji,

Can you please let me know what is "Sukhamandala"?

My guess is that it is the Sahasrara chakra but I am not sure.

Last edited by captainamerica : 12-11-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 15-11-2018, 07:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Dear Shivani Ji,

I hope your health is fine, I am a bit worried.

I wanted to ask 2 small questions to Shiv Ji if your health is fine and you are healthy enough to make the necessary effort without causing you any pain or problem.

I will obviously ask only one question at a time as promised before.

The first question is about the theory of thingness of thought and this time I have written the theory very briefly and it is NOT a wall of text now.

Love you friend and I hope you are alright and everything(including your health) is fine.

P.S. If you are going through some problem then please let me know my friend, I will try to solve it as much as I can. :-)

Last edited by captainamerica : 15-11-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 24-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Shivani Ji,

Somebody(his name is Faisal) just stole my entire lunch today. I can very rarely afford to buy food from some restaurant, this time my other friend(the only other friend I have ) helped me get it by paying for it and this guy just stole the whole of it.

My question is how will a spiritually evolved person deal with this? Will he/she will not be very angry and upset like I am?
Old 24-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Hi Shivani Ji,

Somebody(his name is Faisal) just stole my entire lunch today. I can very rarely afford to buy food from some restaurant, this time my other friend(the only other friend I have ) helped me get it by paying for it and this guy just stole the whole of it.

My question is how will a spiritually evolved person deal with this? Will he/she will not be very angry and upset like I am?

A Zen Master lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening, while he was away, a thief sneaked into the hut only to find there was nothing in it to steal. The Zen Master returned and found him. "You have come a long way to visit me," he told the prowler, "and you should not return empty handed. Please take my clothes as a gift." The thief was bewildered, but he took the clothes and ran away. The Master sat naked, watching the moon. "Poor fellow," he mused, " I wish I could give him this beautiful moon."

On a spiritual level you can respond to the theft of your lunch in many ways.

You can bless the thief and hope that he enjoyed the lunch.

You can feel compassion for such a person who is driven to steal someone else's food. His need might have been even greater than yours. If he did not need your lunch so badly then you can feel compassion for his spiritual ignorance.

You can feel grateful to the universe for giving you and your friend the opportunity to feed another human being.

You can trust the Divine to ensure that your needs will be provided for.

Fill your heart with love for Faisal. Who knows, he might surprise you by apologising and offering to buy you lunch.

If you are angry and upset then you are resisting reality. You bought some lunch and it was stolen. That is the end of the story. If you tell yourself that the person should not have stolen your lunch then you are resisting the reality of what actually happened. You are telling yourself a story of how things should have been. But also accept the reality that you are angry and upset. This is simply how things are.

Rest in the present moment. The thief who stole your lunch is in the past. It is all just a memory, a thought in your head. Why allow a thought to disturb the perfection of this present moment?

Accept that on some deep level your life is your creation. You have created this situation, perhaps as an opportunity to learn forgiveness. So forgive Faisal and forgive yourself.

And at the end of the day, it is all maya. Nothing really happened and there is nothing to forgive. You are complete as you are, and the theft of your lunch cannot touch you.

Peace.