Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Experiencer
thank you for the compliments on Charlie guys
Can't wait to see who you decide to take in Starbuck ;)

Instagram: Prananina
Old 04-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm probably getting an 18 month old tortishell female Am going to see her tomorrow and with any luck bringing her to her new home!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Master
Congrats on your bringing home a cat tomorrow! What a blessing! They are fine solitary or as pairs. We've had 4 cats and now we are down to one. I hope you'll be posting lots of photos of your new kitty!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Experiencer
I hope to see pictures tooo !!!
The crazy cat ladies club is now open

Instagram: Prananina
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
sesheta

It does seem easier to have at least 2 cats - that way if you're not home, they can keep each other company and have someone to play with :)
I have 5 cats myself, and they are just a joy to me - there is never a day that goes by without them making me laugh or smile! They comfort me when I'm sad, and are great reminders to simply stop, relax, and enjoy a cat nap
Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm home most of the time. I did say to the lady I'd be happy to have two but she said this particular cat would be better alone for at least the time being so it has most of the attention. It would be possible later on though. I have two guinea pigs so she won't feel entirely alone!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
sesheta

A few tips -

- the more expensive the cat toy/scratch post...the less likely they are to play with it or use it, lolol! A cat will be just as happy with a piece of ribbon, or an empty cardboard box....

- Not all cats respond to catnip....some have no reaction at all - and I had one cat who seemed to be somewhat allergic, because any time she got near catnip, all she would do is sneeze!!

- Try to start trimming their claws as soon as possible - the earlier you get them used to it, the easier it is. I find that alternating between brushing them (which most cats LOVE) and trimming claws, then giving them a few treats at the end, seems to be a good combination

Enjoy your new companion
Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Master
On the other hand, if the cat goes outside claws are needed for escaping up trees... out of range of dogs and other predators.

Xan

Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 AM
sesheta

To Xan

On the other hand, if the cat goes outside claws are needed for escaping up trees... out of range of dogs and other predators.

Absolutely - that's why I mentioned just trimming the claws, not getting the cat de-clawed (which I am totally opposed to, even if it's a strictly indoor cat!!)
Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Oh dear it so nearly broke my heart seeing all the rescue cats in their small spaces I wish i could have rescued them all!

But here is Tori, 18 months old and incredibly cute! She's friendly and interested in her new home, only disappearing behind the sofa at times for some quiet.