Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Thats possible, although the man was distressed and on drugs and I was pretty neutral (well, confused, but calm.) Wouldn't reaching the same wavelength mean that I would need to have the same or similar emotions as the other person?

Similar emotional states do not seem to be a requirement (thankfully). I don't know how drugs affect telepathy but perhaps the man is using drugs to dull his senses and maybe that is in part why he was desperate to get more. I suppose he could have injected something into his hand where you felt the sting.

I have not a clue how (and why some) connections are established. I really wish I knew. I suspect Internal Queries knows more about the technical bits of how it works.

Last edited by Tindra : 03-12-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Similar emotional states do not seem to be a requirement (thankfully). I don't know how drugs affect telepathy but perhaps the man is using drugs to dull his senses and maybe that is in part why he was desperate to get more. I suppose he could have injected something into his hand where you felt the sting.

I have not a clue how (and why some) connections are established. I really wish I knew. I suspect Internal Queries knows more about the technical bits of how it works.

*nods* I was thinking that emotions were more in line with empathy than telepathy, but I wasn't too sure.

Perhaps the drugs made him project his throughts outside of his mind rather than inside and perhaps he did inject himself with something.

I wish I had paid more attention to the situation.

Lately when there is no direct thought/conscience voice from whoever I can "hear," theres been a general "knowing" of what they are thinking/doing.

For example, a friend of mine has been waiting to get his licence and he said that when he did he'd take me for a drive and not tell me where we'd be going, it would be a surprise.

I then autimatically told him the exact place he was thinking of, when I actually hadn't "heard" the name of the place at all. I simply "knew."

Another friend has a "surprise" for me in his bag and he couldn't find it. I autimatically told me the exact location of the chocolate bar in his bag and decided not to mention what kind of chocolate bar it was even though I knew that as well (and could see the colour of the wrapper and logo in my head briefly as well.)

(This happened today and yesterday, there have been other incidences.)

Could this be a variation of the same telepathy skill or perhaps it is precognition or something like that?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Tindra

Quote:
Could this be a variation of the same telepathy skill or perhaps it is precognition or something like that?

My understanding of telepathy is that it can be a mixed bag of knowing, sensing emotions (like you noticed, you do not have to empathize to know what the other is feeling), internal visions, inner dialogue (varying strength, you had a pretty much maxed out version of it), seeing from someone else's perspective (perceiving through them during communication), precog views, etc., etc. And much of this you have experienced. Pretty much anything you can imagine can be used to send and receive that which is being communicated. Trying to sort this out into paranormal categories is not easy to do.

Seems like you are developing at a very rapid pace.
Old 19-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Katy May

Hi Sangress

I was really interested to read of your experience, you are clearly very gifted. The image you paint of yourself with your earphones in, plugging out the world and your music blaring, effectively drowning out all other sounds seems incongruous with what you went on to say. Nevertheless, even encapsulated in your own world you were still clearly aware of this man through your sense of smell which perhaps linked you empathically, whether you wanted to be or not. People are often irritated by the seemingly inconsiderate noises others make in public, especially in enclosed spaces, whether that's music, conversation or mobile phone usage. My feelings are that perhaps this man in his desperate state of "needing a fix" projected his anger towards you because he found the volume of your music offensive. Maybe he was literally screaming out his focus in his head to help him through his intolerable anguish. Understandably you found your experience shocking, but try not to be afraid of it or your ability. It seems to me that if you have this extraordinary talent you don't get much say in what happens or when, but perhaps you are destined to help others in whichever way you can. Curiosly, maybe even lowering the volume of your music would have alleviated this man's plight at the time. You have sensitivities and are perhaps not tuning in to them but clearly have a deep interest in this field. Have confidence in yourself and try and see the positives. I wish you all the best.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Envolucris

Quote:
I dont really want this skill (if its not just come coincidence with a logical explanation.) Apparently it extends to animals and spirits as well (as I found out while trying to sleep last night.)

It's a bit like my empathic skills, when they flared up and I had peoples memories flooding me in the form of flashbacks left, right and centre. I somehow suppressed that skill because it involved connecting to them through my energy in a specific way...so I could manipulate the energy so as not to allow the experience to pass through to me.

Well, if you believe in the illogical definition of 'spirits' and undefined 'energies,' then telepathy is anything but a far stretch.

The concept of disembodied 'spirits' and magical energies don't play a role in my approach to the ESP phenomenon, but I can tell you that what you've shared sounds legitimate when compared to the rest of my observations and personal research.

When you say 'memories' flood you during empathic connections, I don't consider that any different from telepathy. When it comes down to it, what you're experiencing is very probably the simple effect of being sensitive and open to a vast and inescapably interconnected reality. Our 'ego' fights for individualism, but it's doing so against an indelibly entangled universe.

Quote:
This telepathic thing doesnt seem to be as simple as that since its completely unconscious/instinctual or perhaps its all up to the other person/animal/spirit involved whether I "hear" them or not.

It's completely unconscious, yes. You (or anyone) can learn to manipulate the experience, just like with mundane perception, through meditation. What it amounts to is a journey of self-discovery, not smoke, mirrors and incantations.

Quote:
As far as I can see its dangerious and will cause strife for me whether I learn to control it or not.

How do you figure?

Quote:
I suppose my looking for logical answers is a way to pass off the entire ongoing experience in the hope that it would fade away if I am able to stop paying attention to it.

This entire thing is a bit much for me to be completely honest. It's unpleasant to the extreem.

I come from a background of scientific discipline, and I see nothing inherently 'illogical' about a telepathic experience. The perception doesn't necessarily cease when you choose to sweep it under the rug; in fact, that seems to occasionally strengthen it. I posted about this in another thread too.

I'm also not sure what's so intensely unpleasant for you. I've currently been immersed in one of the most socially frightening, potentially mortifying experiences of my life because of what appears to be telepathy, and I've learned that the only truly frightening or dangerous aspect about it is my reaction.

What I would suggest is taking the opportunity to use your open connection to explore both yourself and the universe in ways many other people can't even imagine. It can be very daunting at first, but if you condition yourself to be curious as opposed to afraid, you could potentially find yourself having the most fulfilling experiences of your life.
Old 20-02-2013, 01:47 AM
partofme

Simply to me, it seems to me that your energies connected. His intensity for a "fix" along with your intensity with the loud music you were listening to stirred it enough to connect you two like a magnetism. When you two got far enough away from one another it snapped apart.
Old 20-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Sangress

Been a while since I've checked this thread.

I've come to terms with my telepathy and some empathy and have gotten a pretty good hold on it once I learned to 'tone down' the strength of the connections I make with others.

The intensity of it used to startle me and make me want to shut off from it more, but once I accepted that there was no shutting off my senses I ended up using it to my advantage.

Originally I was worried that the skill would be dangerous because my moral compass isn't perfect and I knew I'd take advantage of others and look into things I technically 'shouldn't.'

But having said all of that, once I moved past what I had assumed 'should' be or shouldn't be happening, I began to enjoy the extra stimulus.

As it is I'm always connected to someone somewhere and I probably always will be, but my mind can make room for it and I don't have to consciously hone in on the connections either. I know where my perceptions end and theirs begin and I have a choice whether to pursue what I observe/feel. A majority of the time I know that its often not worth feeling responsible for or experiencing other peoples thoughts/consciousness/emotions...etc, because it literally doesn't matter to me. It doesn't change who I am and others barely notice it anyway.

All in all, I've settled into my skills, removed all boundaries I constructed for some false sense of security or safety (on both my own and others parts) and I can do as I please without being disturbed or distracted by it all.

Oh, I also met the drug addict man not too long ago again (on the train this time, not the bus, similar situation actually.) This time I had a civil conversation with him and he let me know he had recently been to rehab (alcohol,) but relapsed. His mentality was greatly improved to some extent and I wasn't irritated about his pain at all because I could distance it from myself (and I'm sadistic so the knowledge of his pain was well enough for me anyway.)

So yeh, progress has finally been made.

Last edited by Sangress : 20-02-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 20-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Katy May

;)

Good on you Sangrass! Glad to hear your happy outcome, thanks for the update.
Old 21-02-2013, 02:32 AM
Mr.Whitmore

Lets put it to the test!

Anyone?
Old 23-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Whitmore
Lets put it to the test!

Anyone?

What, telepathy? YOU'RE ON. I had telepathic dreams with friends just this morning.

(It's really not that exciting.)