Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 15-03-2011, 06:18 PM
nightowl

I thought that the change will only affect those born after the change date. So people born after this year will have different signs. That's my understanding...

nightowl
Old 15-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I'm happy to continue using the tropical zodiac as that's what I've been investigating and following all along. No reason for me to change :) after all, a Kaere by any other name would smell as sweet.

I have to agree...I'm going w/the classic tropical lineup up for those born up through 2011 for certain...sun signs are not everything, but I find the tropical signs to be a better fit for everyone I know, including my little boy. Especially if you account for cusps and rising suns.

Suppose we'll have to see if the sidereal version is a better fit on ppl born this year & forward...but that will get confusing, won't it? Well we can't say we won't have choices!

Cheers,
7L
Old 21-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Merlin6

Ophuichus is still where it has always been, about -8 degrees declination from the equatorial line. A few thousand years ago it was further from this line, but now it is closer due to the precession of the equinox. In the short space of a human lifetime, its hasn't changed much. Its influence is still the same as it has always been, which, like any other constellation, is just an influence. And any astrological influence can always be overidden by free will.
When the zodiac was made, they took only the twelve constellations that were closest to the equatorial plane into consideration. Ophiuchus the snake catcher (who's symbol is a forked stick, for catching snakes) and Cetus the whale, (who's symbol is the sign of the fish with a closed tail) were a little too far off the equatorial line to be included in the zodiac.
There are thousands of constellations, all of which have an influence on human existence, but only the closest twelve are considered in astrological computations. The others are still where they have always been, and still have the influence they have always had.
Whatever sign you were before all this ophiuchus nonsense was put forward, you are still that sign.
The horoscopes you read in the papers today assume that everyone was born at noon and in the same location, which is obviously **!
To work out a horoscope properly, you need to know the latitude and longitude of the place you were born. You need to know time of birth to within four minutes, that being one degree of arc and is affected by the turning of the earth on its axis. There are 12 signs, each having nine houses. Each of these houses have nine aspects. The collective interpretation of these things should give you a general idea of what your horoscope has in store for you.
But. And it's a big But, all of this doesn't give you the complete picture.
The Tibetan Masters have what I consider to be the only highly accurate method of astrology known to man, and that is that they take into consideration your past lives and the other signs you have lived under, and the influences they have had on your spiritual development. They use this method (as well as others) to determine who is to be the next Dalai Lama.

regards
Merlin6
Old 21-03-2011, 03:08 PM
numerouno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin6
Ophuichus is still where it has always been, about -8 degrees declination from the equatorial line. A few thousand years ago it was further from this line, but now it is closer due to the precession of the equinox. In the short space of a human lifetime, its hasn't changed much. Its influence is still the same as it has always been, which, like any other constellation, is just an influence. And any astrological influence can always be overidden by free will.
When the zodiac was made, they took only the twelve constellations that were closest to the equatorial plane into consideration. Ophiuchus the snake catcher (who's symbol is a forked stick, for catching snakes) and Cetus the whale, (who's symbol is the sign of the fish with a closed tail) were a little too far off the equatorial line to be included in the zodiac.
There are thousands of constellations, all of which have an influence on human existence, but only the closest twelve are considered in astrological computations. The others are still where they have always been, and still have the influence they have always had.
Whatever sign you were before all this ophiuchus nonsense was put forward, you are still that sign.
The horoscopes you read in the papers today assume that everyone was born at noon and in the same location, which is obviously **!
To work out a horoscope properly, you need to know the latitude and longitude of the place you were born. You need to know time of birth to within four minutes, that being one degree of arc and is affected by the turning of the earth on its axis. There are 12 signs, each having nine houses. Each of these houses have nine aspects. The collective interpretation of these things should give you a general idea of what your horoscope has in store for you.
But. And it's a big But, all of this doesn't give you the complete picture.
The Tibetan Masters have what I consider to be the only highly accurate method of astrology known to man, and that is that they take into consideration your past lives and the other signs you have lived under, and the influences they have had on your spiritual development. They use this method (as well as others) to determine who is to be the next Dalai Lama.

regards
Merlin6

How do Tibetan masters ascertain the signs of one's past lives and if they can then they ascertain my future one. As a result would there be a point reached when we cease taking birth again. Can liberation be foretold by tibetan astrology. What is the difference between this and vedic astrology.

Ophichus, has always been there yes, but astronomy world say a recent tilt in the axis has brought this sign close as the common twelve.
Old 22-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Merlin6

The most frustrating thing about the system used by the Tibetan masters is that they are keeping their methods to themselves. I would dearly love to know how to do it.

There is a point in the development of souls when we do stop taking birth again.

I believe the ususal next step in the process is through Arcturus, but there are others.

The Ophiuchus constellation hasn't jumped out of it's position in the sky and relocated itself in a new parking spot between the existing zodiac signs. It's just that the earth has tilted slightly, and the equatorial plane has tilted closer to where ophiuchus is. Its still the same distance away from the earth, and in the short space of time since your birth it has hardly moved at all.

Just as a point of interest, in days of old (as the saying goes) an astrologer and an astronomer used to work together. the astrologer was the master, and the astronomer was the apprentice. The apprentice was given the menial task of working out the star positions, and the master would interpret the results. Eventually they parted company and the apprentice now works without the master and calls himself a scientist. The master has been relegated to the world of superstition.

the vedic system follows the moon, and the system goes back some 5,000 - 7,000 years. It hasn't changed and is still current today, using 12 signs.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 22-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Ciqala

I do not suit my new astrological sign at all, does not match me in any way, thus i'm sticking to the old way as the new way does not resonate with me.
Old 22-03-2011, 08:44 AM
numerouno

Just to clarify, when I said "tilt in the axis" I was refering to the earth's axis, I do not believe or ever said ophichus itself has moved.

The vedic dates as to when for Leo for example starts, is from August 12 to sep 13.
This differs the western astrology: which is July 22 to Aug 23. With the introduction of ophichus the dates for vedic and western astrology is almost the same. It appears vedic as taken ophichus to be part of scorpion.
Old 23-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Ascender

So since the Earth tilted recently does that mean only babies born after that date have new zodiac signs?
Old 23-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Guide

I wonder? I'm a sag born(in 1993) during that period you can sometimes call "Ophiuchus". My personality traits are easily identifiable with both Ophiuchii traits and Sagittarii traits. Personally, I identify as both from time to time. My Sag mother, born 3 days before me(in 1946) actually could be confused for a Scorpio sometimes, well at least in my opinion. But I wouldn't say she could fit the traits of an Ophiuchus. Anyhow, I seem to be rather flexible when it comes to being either, and both resonate well with me. When I first read about it two years ago I embraced it openly and accepted it as a new alternative sun sign

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1013...odiac-sign.htm

Ironically, I've always wanted to be an architect when I was little(still do). People can be envious of me, I wear lots of bright colors, big on wisdom and knowledge, master of the spoken written/word(been told I articulate words very well and speak eloquently), and I can safely say I'm emotional and intuitive. But those are only Ophiuchii traits. I've got the humor of a Sag, the love of travel, intellectuality, tactlessness(Oh God do I step on toes lol!).

That aside, could I identify as both? One "sidereally" and one tropically? I find it interesting that people my age(eg. born around the same time as I) can't fit into either sign(they generally only fit their tropical sign, or the sign we all use when reading the papers), yet I can. Even some Sags I know(born around the same time as I) can't pull it off. For me it comes naturally.

I find the subject about Ophiuchus very interesting.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:44 PM
7he4uthor

hmm

i am not on board here [yet]
nasa ?
official ?

mayan/egyptian were aware of a 13th sign
but how did they incorporate it ?

if we look a ophiucus' place
it is very brief

this would upset everything relating to calendrix

i dont think the math works ...