Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 23-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
I always think I'm pretty useless at telepathy, because I have no talent for knowing what number someone is thinking of, or receive any words, etc. I cannot seem to do "words" at all.
But I do have an ability to pick up on the slightest nuances of emotional energy or thought-projection towards me. It almost seems like a primal skill....such as the sense of smell for example. I can "scent out" the smallest changes in my inner/mental/emotional environment, and also discriminate exactly where /who those changes are coming from....like scents on the wind. Is that a form of telepathy? I have no idea.
Old 23-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I always think I'm pretty useless at telepathy, because I have no talent for knowing what number someone is thinking of, or receive any words, etc. I cannot seem to do "words" at all.
But I do have an ability to pick up on the slightest nuances of emotional energy or thought-projection towards me. It almost seems like a primal skill....such as the sense of smell for example. I can "scent out" the smallest changes in my inner/mental/emotional environment, and also discriminate exactly where /who those changes are coming from....like scents on the wind. Is that a form of telepathy? I have no idea.

I would label what you describe as something like 'instinctive intuition,' and you're right that it's primal. Infants and other animals rely on such instantaneous and unconscious perceptions, while adult humans have an additional amount of other processing that seems to stifle their subconscious awareness. I'm convinced a talent for retaining awareness of that perception is related to so-called 'extra sensory perception'.

Telepathy (and any form of cryptesthesa) almost never produces exact replication of another person's senses. That doesn't mean it can't, just that the experience is only as precise as our unconscious perception. Have you ever read text in a dream, or remembered long sequences of numbers? Our dreams don't allow us precision and telepathy works in the same way. It's sensory data filtered through the distortion of our psyches' expectations, as based on memory. The end result is a load of impressions, abstractions and metaphors.

The trick to ESP is never thinking so literally that you miss the point.
Old 23-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Lets put it to the test!

How would we do that?

Quote:
Is that a form of telepathy? I have no idea.

I would class that as a form of subconscious empathic awareness rather than telepathy because its emotionally oriented and focuses on the direction of other individuals emotional awareness. Telepathy and empathy are quite similar and often entwined together in a lot of ways.

Thats just my opinion though, you know yourself better than I do so I'm sure you can make your own mind up.