Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19-04-2015, 12:33 PM
sea-dove sea-dove is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,252
 
Suicide

I'm wondering if anyone else here has found they suicided in another life? and if so has it had impacts on this lifetime for them.

The other day I became aware I suicided in a lifetime not to long ago (I don't know if it was my last life or not.. it was a time where they had metal buckets so it cant be too long ago). Does anyone know what time period buckets just like this one https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5901951/il_570xN.300401095.jpg was commonly used?

I'm currently wondering if that is having negative impacts on me currently if that energy is coming up for clearing (I often re-experience feelings from my other lifetimes when something comes up to clear so wondering if that energy is currently impacting on me emotionally).

Has anyone else had to deal here had to deal with a reincurring suicide lifetime theme? or with this kind of energy coming up?

edited by sf staff

Last edited by Michelle11 : 19-04-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-04-2015, 01:14 PM
sea-dove sea-dove is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,252
 
I've been trying to date that lifetime. I'm not sure if the bucket was galvanized or not but thinking it probably was by the look unless was made from plated steel?.. the bucket wasn't rusting at all but did look oldish, it certainly wasn't bright and shiny. It was the exact shape of the one I linked.

Apparently galvanized metal use had become common by the second half of 19th century. I'm guess the part of the lifetime I saw was late 1800s to mid 1900s. (though I keep thinking it was earlier then the 1950s.. I feel like it was 1930s or before.. late 1800s). (I may of had one lifetime since that one I suicided in then.. I had a very vivid dream of being in a world war, in the trenches as a man with a mate which quite affected me, I think I died in the trenches). Looks like I may of died youngish twice in a row there from different causes.

Quote:
History of Galvanising

The recorded history of Galvanising goes back to 1742 when a French chemist named P.J. Malouin, in a presentation to the French Royal Academy, described a method of coating iron by dipping it in molten zinc. In 1836, Stanilaus Tranquille Modeste Sorel, another French chemist, obtained a patent for a means of coating iron with zinc, after first cleaning it with 9% sulfuric acid and fluxing it with ammonium chloride. A British patent for a similar process was granted in 1837. By 1850, the British Galvanising industry was using 10,000 tons of zinc a year for the protection of steel.

I think I should probably try to check out that lifetime and see if I can learn anything from it and what went wrong and why I did as I did. So far I've avoided trying to do so.

Sheet metal though has been around longer

Quote:
History of sheet steel

Most buildings incorporate sheet steel in some form, such as roofing, window ledges or fittings on chimneys. Even today, these are made by traditional handicraft methods.
Sheet steel is a convenient material that offers great opportunities. The benefits are that it can be used to produce lightweight components and it is easy to form both for roofing and for roof gutters, drain pipes, etc.

Sheet metal roofing was used back in the 16th and 17th centuries, although to a limited extent.

......
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Trinitydown Trinitydown is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,945
  Trinitydown's Avatar
Suicides leave horrible scars on your soul. They can have terrible ramifications on later incarnations.

That being said, there is nothing that Love can't eventually set right.
__________________
On a clear day, I can see. See a very long way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20-04-2015, 06:54 AM
ajay00 ajay00 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 775
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Suicides leave horrible scars on your soul. They can have terrible ramifications on later incarnations.

I concur with this. Suicide results in a greater ego in the next life, and lesser self-awareness. Consequently you attract more unhappiness and misery to yourself, and will have a tendency to create negative scenarios even out of positive situations and scenarios.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
That being said, there is nothing that Love can't eventually set right.

Well stated. Total love and awareness can correct and eliminate any scars.
__________________
Blessed is the mind that jumps over and beyond its own conditioning and lands again into its natural state of unmoving awareness. - Mooji

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-04-2015, 08:01 AM
AraceliCianna AraceliCianna is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8,962
  AraceliCianna's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
I concur with this. Suicide results in a greater ego in the next life, and lesser self-awareness. Consequently you attract more unhappiness and misery to yourself, and will have a tendency to create negative scenarios even out of positive situations and scenarios.

How does it create a greater ego? In what sense?

I would think if anything suicide gives you greater self-awareness as you have been to a place others may not have been.

Considering what I have been through in this life I wouldn't be surprised if I committed suicide at one point in my past lives. But as Shinsoo said love does heal all scars.
__________________
aracelicianna.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 20-04-2015, 08:26 AM
ajay00 ajay00 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 775
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
How does it create a greater ego? In what sense?

When you are killing yourself it is out of a sense of extreme discontentment. You are not happy with the way things are , due to desires and craving which project an ideal scenario which does not match the present one.

But there are many, many,many positives in the world, which the ego does not wish to perceive, gloating mainly on its projected inadequacies and negatives , which are but the projections of the mind or mental world, the result of how we look at things.

The natural state is to be mindful, and live in the moment like a flower, accepting the situation as it is, and bloom.

But the ego thwarts this natural state and state of mindfulness, and strives for self-termination, inaccurately judging that it is inadequate, out of deep unhappiness.

And when you do something under the influence of a certain desire or feeling, you intensify that desire within you.

With stronger desires and cravings, the ego too gets stronger.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden


I would think if anything suicide gives you greater self-awareness as you have been to a place others may not have been.


The soul which had destroyed its body ahead of its natural time, will actually experience more restlessness and unhappiness , which strengthens the ego further. Greater the ego, lesser the self-awareness/mindfulness and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Considering what I have been through in this life I wouldn't be surprised if I committed suicide at one point in my past lives. But as Shinsoo said love does heal all scars.

I have this feeling that there is courage in you. And pain or suffering nourishes courage if you tackle it with a positive attitude instead of giving in.
__________________
Blessed is the mind that jumps over and beyond its own conditioning and lands again into its natural state of unmoving awareness. - Mooji

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Kiran65
Posts: n/a
 
You will get all kinds of answers to this question, depending on who you ask, and which perspective they are coming from. I'm Hindu, and in Hinduism we believe in karma. Suicide is not sanctioned in any religion, but this is something I've looked into pretty carefully.

My husband was terminally ill, and suffering at the end of his illness. He did kill himself near the end, mainly, I believe, to spare my son and I watching him deteriorate to a near vegetative state. So this is something, as I said, I have really looked into. In Hinduism, basically, from what I've found out, if you commit suicide, any karma you worked off in this life will just be voided. Meaning, if you did any good deeds to work off past bad deeds, they don't count. You don't gain "horrible scars" on your soul, you don't incur more suffering on future lives, etc.

And, I'm sorry, that makes so much more sense to me than anything else! If you commit suicide, you do so because you see no other alternative! It means you were desperate, you were suffering in such a horrible way that the only alternative to you was to end your life. You should not have something else heaped upon you. I think this is the most sensible, and humane, answer. I can't believe any reasonable God would want any more suffering to be added to any you might have had that would have made you want to end your life.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-04-2015, 04:01 PM
AraceliCianna AraceliCianna is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8,962
  AraceliCianna's Avatar
Ajay00 I mostly agree with you, though I am seeing it from a slightly different angle but I get what you mean yes.
__________________
aracelicianna.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-04-2015, 07:51 PM
oldasthesea oldasthesea is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,749
  oldasthesea's Avatar
In my point of view, suicide is not an option i learned that. When you suicide you sure have problems in that life and you want to run away, but that does not solve a thing. It is only get worst, the problems you had in your previews life will come to you in the next exactly the same way. You donīt get rid of it.

It sure leave big scars on your soul.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-04-2015, 07:57 PM
sea-dove sea-dove is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,252
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran65
You will get all kinds of answers to this question, depending on who you ask, and which perspective they are coming from. I'm Hindu, and in Hinduism we believe in karma. Suicide is not sanctioned in any religion, but this is something I've looked into pretty carefully.

My husband was terminally ill, and suffering at the end of his illness. He did kill himself near the end, mainly, I believe, to spare my son and I watching him deteriorate to a near vegetative state. So this is something, as I said, I have really looked into. In Hinduism, basically, from what I've found out, if you commit suicide, any karma you worked off in this life will just be voided. Meaning, if you did any good deeds to work off past bad deeds, they don't count. You don't gain "horrible scars" on your soul, you don't incur more suffering on future lives, etc.

And, I'm sorry, that makes so much more sense to me than anything else! If you commit suicide, you do so because you see no other alternative! It means you were desperate, you were suffering in such a horrible way that the only alternative to you was to end your life. You should not have something else heaped upon you. I think this is the most sensible, and humane, answer. I can't believe any reasonable God would want any more suffering to be added to any you might have had that would have made you want to end your life.

Thanks for sharing that interesting different view. Sorry to hear you and your family went through this.

...........

This situation brings up an interesting point. Do those who suicide to try to do something good eg in this case to protect child and wife from having to go through more pain watching. Do others here think at all the consequences of doing it for that reason, be different to say doing it due to depression or not wanting to be here? Could there ever be some good in a suicide?

...

Do people here generally believe it also scars a soul who was about to die soon? so just bringing that event forward? Does a person only days from death from serious illness, still got lessons to probably learn? .. would suicide still be a very bad thing in that situation?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums