Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Experiencer

The name Clarissa immediately jumped up, before I read through or glanced at any comments. Also the name Elizabeth. Then I read through the comments, which I wish I hadn't! Too easy to be influenced. Anyway, I did see the name Christine and wondered if that was along the lines of Clarissa. So I tried to clear my head, and went back to the picture, and closed my eyes and focused on the name Christine. I felt a real heaviness, especially around the arms and shoulders and a sense of cold. Also some labored breathing but wasn't sure if that was by the suggestion I'd read. Sensations in my left leg, like back of upper thigh. Initially I picked up a male energy as well before the name Clarissa came on so strong.

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 26-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for posting this! I'll try to post a picture as well, this could be fun.

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 26-01-2014, 02:30 AM
Administrator
Hello

This is a very moving story that came to me in 2012 when I was planning a visit to England and Stonehenge. Not knowing the time frame from work me friend would have that was to tour me around things were up in the air to where I could get to.

I was sitting at the computer and I kept hearing "Ian" over and over again....to search and not find a thing relating to a missing person named Ian in the news. As a Medium I work on such cases. So I finally said me hands are yours show me where I am too look.....I typed in "Eyam Plague Village" and I was stunned on the story that I found. In a dream about a month earlier I had seen a circle wall but I had no clue what was in that circle that is the Riley Graves from this village.

This grave is of Mrs Catherine Mompesson :
The Tomb of Catherine Mompesson

- The Tomb of Catherine Mompesson – the wife of Rev William Mompesson. The top of the tomb notes a spelling error by the mason in her name. (with obvious correction)
- Every year on the Sunday nearest her death the present Rectors wife places on her grave a bunch of roses
- This is done out of respect for her devotion to her husband and villagers in honor of her giving of her life

William pleaded with his wife to go with the children but she stayed to support her husband and the community. This would prove to be her undoing as she passed.

In In the background is George Vicars Grave:

The funeral of George Viccars too place on September 7th. (His is the grave with the skull and crossbones) George’s death was followed by that of Edward Cooper, the young son of his landlady. This is when panic took hold of the village as the death rate rose, and the disease spread out along the cottages on Church Street. While some of the villages with means were able to flee, most of the villagers of Eyam were destined to stay. By the time October came around the death rate was higher than the annual rate for the previous 10 years.

Here is a brief history of the account.

A Brief Account of the Plague 1665-1666

Late in the summer of 1665 parcel was delivered from London containing cloth for the Village Tailor, Alexander Hadfield. The parcel was opened by his assistant George Viccars, who became very ill and died a horrible death of suffering. It seems that the parcel came damp and the fabric was laid out in the kitchen to dry, what was not known at the time is that the package came with some hitch hikers in it. George’s death was followed in short order by his two stepson’s Edward and Jonathan Cooper and then his neibours and then eventually Alexander as well.
The infection spread quickly throughout the Fall, slowing down some in the Winter to only come on full force again in the Spring and Summer. A peek came in August when sadly 78 people died in that one month. In the fourteen months that the infection lasted it claimed 260 lives out of a population of about 800 people.
It was under the leadership of the Rector, William Mompesson and his predecessor Reverend Thomas Stanley, the villagers of Eyam agreed to accept a strict quarantine to prevent the spread of the infection from going out past the village bounds. This action was supported by the Earl of Devonshire, and by other charitable but less wealthy neighbors, who provided the necessities of life during their period of isolation.

I went there and spent two days in explorations of the village. Meeting with the WHOLE village of Spirit when I visited the Riley Graves and the Sunday in Church Service.

We woke up early and we decided to go to Church I thought the one by the campground as it was close but my friend said I had to go to the Eyam one and go inside, as the first walk by it I so could not enter, I had yet to visit the graves. We were late getting there as road work was going on. We go to the door and I was like we are late....I felt pushed to enter. We sat right at the back and were not the last to arrive. This man that was never late in all the years attending was too late. He welcomed me right off and guided me though the service on what to expect. Telling everyone around I was from Canada. Later we all met of tea and I told my story to the Rector on how I came to be there. She was filling in and called over the retired Rector whom said he had never had a Canadian sign in the log book on a Sunday in his 20 year there, and never had a Medium come to bless the dead of his village. He was so pleased I had done that.

I was called to go there even though thousands do a year as it is famous around the World. I knew not of that aspect of it. I have to wonder if I had a past life there some have told me I was Mrs Riley and that I made it out safely. I have yet to look deeper into that as its painful to me still in emotions from there.

Too many times we are called to go to places and we miss that sign I was blessed I did not miss out on this one. Odd as it is its an hour from where I took my life in a past life.

I hope this story moves some that live in England to visit Eyam. It truly is a treasure that is preserved in the purity of the event.

Lynn
Old 26-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Pegasus

Wow! Very interesting, but sad, story

I did feel that there was a younger woman involved, i can almost see her and I got the feeling of disease and even got plague, so I am quite pleased. However I thought of Oxford for some reason, which was incorrect.

Thank you for sharing these photos and enabling us to have a practice at mediumship

xx
Old 28-01-2014, 01:14 AM
BeautifulUniverse

Could it have been hangings?