Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Aelfrede

Question Unsettling experience - anyone had similar?

Hi,

have been experiencing strange phenomena in my house for a long time (years) however what I experienced the other night is something I have never had before, and was very shocking and disconcerting to say the least.

I'm posting in the mediumship section of these forums in the hope that someone might know more about/had similar to what I experienced.

Firstly, to give a bit of background, I've been having lucid dreams and out of body experiences for years, so am not new to the sleep paralysis experience. Also other strange phenomena in the house are unexplained noises, objects moving, spirit sightings, and feeling someone sitting on the bed at night, also something jumping and moving up bed (only size of a cat - up until now!) Also I see visual phenomena, but must admit I see these at other places too (glows/colours round people, ripples and waft like movements in air, sometimes mists appearing, things darting past quickly across visual field or in peripheral, movements in peripheral but nothing there when you look).

Now to the experience. I dreamed that I was speaking to some woman who was meant to be a psychic/medium. She was explaining there was a man (at the time I had a mind's eye image pop up of a young man and felt he had quite a meek and humble character) she said 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. At the point she said that, I was aware of being back in bed and my head jolted back with force (so that my head tipped right back and my neck extended) and all these tickly shivers rose up through me - like something was going out of me. It was such an overwhelming, physical feeling, it felt like my physical head really had jolted back. However, as I'm used to having out of body experiences, I know how real things can feel. But saying that, I still feel it was my physical head jolting back - that's how real and physical it felt. The overall sensation wasn't terrible, I would even say in a strange way it might have been quite pleasant. What is very disconcerting is how out of control and overpowering it was - I had no control over my body doing that.

After that, I was still aware of the woman talking, I tried to memorise what she was saying, but I forget. But after she had spoken I felt something crawling up the bed. It was much bigger than a cat. I struggled against the sleep paralysis several times and was able to break it just as whatever it was reached my neck. I frantically waved my hand out and threw back the duvet. Now I know it can be quite typical in sleep paralysis to feel something on you (I actually think it's possible we experience real entities that exist on the energy level/etheric/astral when in that state) but combined with the other experience with my head jolting back - this has all left me feeling very unsettled and wanting to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I have never experienced anything like this. I want to understand it. As I have already explained, I have had many sleep paralysis and out of body experiences, but never anything like this. This seemed to affect my physical body, and felt like a spirit had been residing in me and then left. I really want to understand what happened and it would help to hear from others who have had a similar experience of something leaving them, or who are familiar with the intricacies of spirit possession. Like I said, what is most disconcerting was that my body would do that, with no control over the intense, quite violent movements (head jolting back).

I would be very grateful of feedback from anyone who has experienced this, especially the head jolting back thing. Or anyone who's heard about it before and knows what might be going on? Particularly the head jolting back, face facing ceiling, neck extended back, tickly shivers racing up through body.

Thanks for reading,

Aelfrede
Old 22-05-2013, 01:25 PM
keith95843

Im getting a male spirit name is david or starts with a D short light hair, sorry that all im getting and a big dark wood bed old victorian style no idea why
Old 23-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Aelfrede

Thumbs up

Hi Keith,

thanks very much for getting back to me and sharing the details that came to you. They don't as yet link with anything I can think of but will keep them in mind, as they might mean something at a later time.

I was hoping to hear from anyone who has experienced spirit possession or something similar. I might be wrong, but I thought there was an aspect of mediumship (is it known as 'physical mediumship'?) where a spirit can occupy a medium's physical body temporarily? Was hoping to hear from those who have experienced this.

Thanks again Keith for sharing those details. Much appreciated, as they might shed light on all this at a later date.

Kind Regards,

Aelfrede

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith95843
Im getting a male spirit name is david or starts with a D short light hair, sorry that all im getting and a big dark wood bed old victorian style no idea why
Old 23-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Master

Hi Aelfrede,
As an old trance medium, I can associate with your experience, though not while asleep. I have experienced entranced Spirit links, and recognize your “head jolting back” as being the nature of an ending to those entranced Spirit links.

Though I would highlight as significant, the misunderstanding that Spirit may possess a human body, is a human error in understanding. As the process of a medium/Spirit link has little to do with the biological nature of our body, and more to do with an ethereal harmonization, while recognizing of course, that physical mediumship can take on a more specific nature of energy interconnectivity.

I would suggest intuitively, that what occurred during your interactive ethereal experience. Was that young man, was drawn to your condition as a medium. Meaning he was harmonizing with your condition, while you were otherwise focused? He may have sought to link with you, in what where improper conditions, as you were `elsewhere`. He may also have, just been drawn to the experience of such a link, and may have been startled by the return of your focus. Thus resulting in a `break` in that connectivity of mediumship, explaining why, 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. And why your ` head jolted back with force`.

That is most likely the reason as “ I dreamed that I was speaking to some woman who was meant to be a psychic/medium.`” As her mediumship highlights the reason she was overseeing the experience.

I would not worry about the experience, though I would suggest that you create some form of grounding rules, before `letting go` into sleep states. Suggesting that you express no access to your condition, while in such states, and seeking the guidance of a Spirit guide, to enforce such a conditioning. As it is worth considering that, that female may have been such a Spirit guide. Hope that helps.
Old 23-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Angelstar

The jolting you mentioned can some time times occur when your,inner body comes back to quick into your human body during projection.,it can sometimes feel like a shock.You also sound to be very open to incoming impressions,from the spirit world you may need to ground and close yourself down to block the impressions,and only allow yourself to open if you want to link or work with spirit energys.Also the shivers you mention,did you feel a heat through your body and a strong tingling in your finger tips and hands.If you did this is because your psychic centers were all open.l think if you can learn to control these centers.you will find a diffrence as spirit energys will know when you want to work and when you don't.
Old 25-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Aelfrede

Thumbs up

Hi Papa Bear,

thank you very much for getting back to me! I have posted about this experience on a few forums, in my attempt to understand more what was going on. You are the first person who seems to recognise what happened. This comes as a great relief for me. So thank you very much for your reply!

When my head jolted back like that, it felt like this was in response to the 'medium'/'psychic's' (or whoever she was) words ('he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'). It was as if she was telling me he didn't realise what he had done (spirit in my body) - so when my head jolted back like that (neck and head tilting right back) and all those tickly shivers were going up through my body and out my head, the way I interpreted it at the time was that the spirit of that man was leaving my body.

Thank you also for sharing your thoughts on possession. So are you saying that another spirit can't possess your body? Do you mean they only possess the energy/etheric counterpart?

Thanks also for sharing your thoughts on what was going on with the experience. Do you mean the young man's spirit happened to be around at the time (do you think he resides in my home?) and saw the opportunity to occupy a body for a moment because I (my 'focus' as you called it) was off on nocturnal wanderings? Although you talk of him 'linking' with me - which I assume is different than trying to 'occupy' or 'possess' (which in your opinion isn't possible?)?

When you said:

'He may also have, just been drawn to the experience of such a link, and may have been startled by the return of your focus. Thus resulting in a `break` in that connectivity of mediumship, explaining why, 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. And why your ` [i]head jolted back with force`.'

- do you mean that when my spirit/consciousness returned this startled him and that is why he was trembling? But why would he say 'he's very sorry, he didn't realise', is this because he didn't realise he had been residing in my body?

Thanks also for the advice about 'grounding rules'. By this I assume you mean I should declare before sleep that nothing should take advantage of my vulnerable state while sleeping, and ask aloud for a guide (which could be that medium from my dream) to help enforce this? Is it as simple as that, just to say it aloud before I go to sleep?

Sorry about all the questions but you are the first person I've come across who seems to know what happened to me.

Anyway, thank you again for getting back to me, I greatly appreciate your response!

Kind Regards,

Aelfrede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Hi Aelfrede,
As an old trance medium, I can associate with your experience, though not while asleep. I have experienced entranced Spirit links, and recognize your “head jolting back” as being the nature of an ending to those entranced Spirit links.

Though I would highlight as significant, the misunderstanding that Spirit may possess a human body, is a human error in understanding. As the process of a medium/Spirit link has little to do with the biological nature of our body, and more to do with an ethereal harmonization, while recognizing of course, that physical mediumship can take on a more specific nature of energy interconnectivity.

I would suggest intuitively, that what occurred during your interactive ethereal experience. Was that young man, was drawn to your condition as a medium. Meaning he was harmonizing with your condition, while you were otherwise focused? He may have sought to link with you, in what where improper conditions, as you were `elsewhere`. He may also have, just been drawn to the experience of such a link, and may have been startled by the return of your focus. Thus resulting in a `break` in that connectivity of mediumship, explaining why, 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. And why your ` head jolted back with force`.

That is most likely the reason as “ I dreamed that I was speaking to some woman who was meant to be a psychic/medium.`” As her mediumship highlights the reason she was overseeing the experience.

I would not worry about the experience, though I would suggest that you create some form of grounding rules, before `letting go` into sleep states. Suggesting that you express no access to your condition, while in such states, and seeking the guidance of a Spirit guide, to enforce such a conditioning. As it is worth considering that, that female may have been such a Spirit guide. Hope that helps.
Old 25-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Aelfrede

Thumbs up

Hi Angelstar,

thanks very much for sharing your thoughts on my experience.

I have been having out of body experiences for over twenty years, so am familiar with returning to the body. This was different though and in relation the the 'dream' I had been having. It wasn't like the general jolting after coming back to the body suddenly. It felt like my physical head tipped back in an uncontrollable spasm, as far back as my neck would extend, almost like some sort of fit. Then those tickly shivers went up and out through me, it felt like something was leaving me. It was like some overwhelming body process took over me, like being sick, and you have no control over it. It was a bit like being sick, except much more pleasant. The head being thrown back was part of that process.

I didn't feel any heat with those shivers (that I remember) or tingling in my finger tips and hands. If it happens again, I will watch out for those, but I don't remember experiencing that.

Thanks very much for your suggestions. It could be that I am too open, which is something (especially at bedtime) that might not be too desirable.

Kind Regards,

Aelfrede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelstar
The jolting you mentioned can some time times occur when your,inner body comes back to quick into your human body during projection.,it can sometimes feel like a shock.You also sound to be very open to incoming impressions,from the spirit world you may need to ground and close yourself down to block the impressions,and only allow yourself to open if you want to link or work with spirit energys.Also the shivers you mention,did you feel a heat through your body and a strong tingling in your finger tips and hands.If you did this is because your psychic centers were all open.l think if you can learn to control these centers.you will find a diffrence as spirit energys will know when you want to work and when you don't.
Old 25-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Master

Hi Aelfrede,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfrede
So are you saying that another spirit can't possess your body? Do you mean they only possess the energy/etheric counterpart?
The processes which create a link or connection between the energy condition of a human medium, and a Spirit/astral being, are more akin to empathy and telepathy. It is more a connectivity of sensitivity and how two may harmonize within the same ethereal resonances. Possession is a human concept, based on a human definition, of what is not a material condition of connectivity.

One aspect of Spiritual connectivity, are the human beings chakras, for they are the ethereal conduit of energy adaption. And if an astral/Spirit being seeks to make a connection/link with a human medium, then it is within the ethereal resonance flows of the mediums chakras, that identify the point of interconnectivity. And as the chakras `cannot` be `possessed`, the concept of Spirit possession is more understandable as a human insecurity, and this is my understanding of such.

Quote:
Do you mean the young man's spirit happened to be around at the time (do you think he resides in my home?) and saw the opportunity to occupy a body for a moment because I (my 'focus' as you called it) was off on nocturnal wanderings? Although you talk of him 'linking' with me - which I assume is different than trying to 'occupy' or 'possess' (which in your opinion isn't possible?)?
I see no reason to connect him to your home. Within your own reflection, there was a woman, a Spirit reflecting a relevance to being a psychic/medium, and a young man. Her reference to the young man connects her to that young man, as she `reflected` his `condition` to you.

The fact she was able to reflect his `error`, and his `trembling` reaction. Identifies her awareness of what the young man was doing. So taking relevance from the `psychic/medium` reflection from/of her, may give a reasoning for what the young man, who was in all probability `with` her, was attempting to learn about, connectivity with the chakric condition of a human being.

It is also relevant to recognize, that you did not experience, waking to a physical reaction, until `after` the woman brought your attention to what the young man had done. This indicates that the woman probably reflected his apologies for what was about to happen to you. Maybe recognizing, that the young man had, created a `connection` he had `not` intended, which produced a `fright` for both of you, when that connection was suddenly broken.

Quote:
do you mean that when my spirit/consciousness returned this startled him and that is why he was trembling? But why would he say 'he's very sorry, he didn't realise', is this because he didn't realise he had been residing in my body?
Continuing on from the previous answer, the young man may have made a `connection`, harmonized with the same resonance frequency of your chakras condition. This would then create an effect on both of you, when that connection was broken. The fact he said sorry for doing so, and trembled in his reaction, suggests it was not what he intended to do.

Quote:
Thanks also for the advice about 'grounding rules'. By this I assume you mean I should declare before sleep that nothing should take advantage of my vulnerable state while sleeping, and ask aloud for a guide (which could be that medium from my dream) to help enforce this? Is it as simple as that, just to say it aloud before I go to sleep?
There are many ways an individual may express in thought/feeling, a means of making clear that you are not available or open to any Spiritual direct links while asleep. For the` intention`, in thought and feeling may be accepted by a Spirit guide, whether you know or recognize them or not. And shape the conditioning of your chakras, to be less `open` to any repeat of your experience.

Quote:
Sorry about all the questions but you are the first person I've come across who seems to know what happened to me.

Anyway, thank you again for getting back to me, I greatly appreciate your response!

Kind Regards,

Aelfrede
It is important to recognize that these are my impressions, and open to be inaccurate. But if they assist you, then I am grateful for the opportunity to be of assistance.
Old 25-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Master
Aelfrede--

I think Papa Bear has described your interaction well--it's what I was going to say.

I also think he's right about this not necessarily being a "possession" as such. It might only have been an alignment with your energy--and "unalignment" when he left.

The only thing I have to add is that I would suspect, since you saw this woman as a psychic/medium--that you might have been working with her for a long time. In fact, I would suspect that you had made arrangements in previous OBEs during sleep (that you don't remember) to try this merging of energies.

I would suspect it was arranged for the benefit of both parties. This young man may be part of your Soul Family even, or may just have been attracted to you. But I tend to believe it was more deliberate than that since this woman was so concerned about you being freaked out by the shaking. They would be able to "see" the interaction in toto before you experienced it.

IDK, but perhaps this is part of your internship with this woman/guide/psychic. You and she (and perhaps the young man) have a plan in mind, perhaps.

It's a very interesting experience. The fact that you've had many other types would indicate that you might have been vibrationally ready for this kind of interaction too.

Give yourself a "well done" and see what comes next!

Lora
Old 25-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Master
Hi

I hope I can help a bit by making some suggestions.

If you can see that all things contain energy.. our bodies ..which in some texts is referred to The House.
I don't leave my house open for any-one to walk in, I have learn't this via experience that Yes things can attach.
If you feel that some spirit had left your body, then Trust your own experience.. Visualize inside you as a pure white energy..and with creative Visualization eyes closed and scan inside you..if you see any areas not in light like a gap ..then fill the gaps you see inside..fill the space with beautiful light..leave no gaps... spring clean ..and sparkle up.

There are many different types of energies..I would like to add..Trusting yourself is important as well, and it is a good idea to ask for assistance/protection from the highest energies of love and light. Dawn hill has a white light meditation which is very good and works.

:)

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George