Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 20-08-2014, 09:38 PM
RabbiO RabbiO is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 383
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameyson72
Call me a purist, but it irritates me to see religious beliefs mixed and this post would be much more appropriate in the General Religion category.

For clarification, Orthodox and more strict sects within Judaism do not spell out the word "G_d" and none of the Jewish sects refer to G_d by name. The belief in G_d literally returning to earth is foreign to Judaism and Jews would never refer to Jesus as "Christ".

When Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik would start to teach a new group of students he would begin by writing God on a blackboard and then he would erase it. He would do this to make a point.

Because writing G-d instead of God has become minhag even amongst many non-Orthodox Jews, I choose to follow that convention, but I assume you understand the point that Rabbi Soloveitchik was making.

L'shalom,

Peter
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 20-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Jameyson72 Jameyson72 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 43
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
When Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik would start to teach a new group of students he would begin by writing God on a blackboard and then he would erase it. He would do this to make a point.

Because writing G-d instead of God has become minhag even amongst many non-Orthodox Jews, I choose to follow that convention, but I assume you understand the point that Rabbi Soloveitchik was making.

L'shalom,

Peter
Yes I understand your point and of course you are right.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 22-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Honza Honza is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: God's House
Posts: 10,334
  Honza's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameyson72
Call me a purist, but it irritates me to see religious beliefs mixed and this post would be much more appropriate in the General Religion category.

For clarification, Orthodox and more strict sects within Judaism do not spell out the word "G_d" and none of the Jewish sects refer to G_d by name. The belief in G_d literally returning to earth is foreign to Judaism and Jews would never refer to Jesus as "Christ".

That does seem a bit extreme for a general spiritual discussion forum......can't we relax a bit?
__________________

The Humility, The Pride and The Humiliation.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 24-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Jameyson72 Jameyson72 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 43
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That does seem a bit extreme for a general spiritual discussion forum......can't we relax a bit?
My apologies.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 24-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,818
  Morpheus's Avatar
I understand that Jews and believers want to be respectful. However, isn't G-d a label, and a description of Who YVWH is? In which name the vowels are purposefully left out?

Which label is a description of Who YVWH is, regarding being the Almighty?
__________________
"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 18-09-2018, 03:59 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Knower
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 158
 
YHWH got introduced first in Genesis 2:4 which is the beginning of the second creation account.

The God mentioned in the first creation account (Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:3) is transliterated in Hebrew as Elohim.

In Exodus 3:14 the God mentioned as the "I am that I am" is transliterated in Hebrew also as Elohim.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Ahriman Ahriman is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 178
  Ahriman's Avatar
The thought of Yahweh coming back............terrifying.
__________________
"The worms will live in every host
It's hard to pick which ones they eat the most" - Marilyn Manson
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 19-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Guide
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 727
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
When Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik would start to teach a new group of students he would begin by writing God on a blackboard and then he would erase it. He would do this to make a point.

Because writing G-d instead of God has become minhag even amongst many non-Orthodox Jews, I choose to follow that convention, but I assume you understand the point that Rabbi Soloveitchik was making.

L'shalom,

Peter

Verily, "God" cannot be described in words, so the erased blackboard is quite appropriate. No words.

However, I'm not sure if that's the point you were making.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-05-2019, 06:00 PM
little.nation little.nation is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 261
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
Hi, you may be more right than you know, times are much darker than many are aware and a great evil is about to profane the Holy of Holies, keep your eye's open, something is about to happen, indeed YHWH is revealing Himself, again...watch...pray....and look up my friend..Shalom.
Oiye!!

If you only knew. That's why I'm here - to tell everyone the truth!

Oh, I've been telling all the truths there are for soooo many years but people keep treating me as if I don't exist. That right there is profane! Such a complete disregard and dismissal. But, I suppose this is the way it's always been and this is why God addresses it when it is said, doing unto the least of people is doing unto him.

So when we treat people insignificantly, like they don't matter, we're treating God that way. Hey, OUCH!

But when we treat the least people with respect, we are serving God well.

It's a wicked harsh world and so full of woe. Hasn't it always been though? Now it's so much darker. Things have been steadily getting worse.

I reveal myself constantly but people don't see. They think I don't matter. They think I'm not real.

Profaned?

Catastrophically. Vulgarly. Unforgiveably.

And the return is to judge, not to save. And the return is to destroy. We are headed for a great big fire.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-05-2019, 06:07 PM
little.nation little.nation is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 261
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matter
He let Paul of Tarsus create a false religion.
Let Roman catholic become a religion and compilate a bunch of unimportant manuscripts to be put together with his sacred already fulfilled prophecies.

I'm preoccupied of two things.
First: He never cared about non Jews.
Second: he has already abandoned the entire humanity at It's own judgment.

The Catholic church is built on the rock, which is Saint Peter (an apostle, disciple, saint, whatever). That's why the Catholics represent Jesus and *the saints* - they are the rock (the foundation of the church, although it is centered on Christ).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums