Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 23-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Greybeard

Colony on Mars?

Well, folks. Mars has water, and plenty of it. There are glaciers all over the planet, even at lower latitudes where colonization would be more comfortable.

Mars is very Earth-like in many ways. First, it is a rocky planet with an iron-nickel core much like Earth's, with a silicate mantle and crust. There are probably no tectonic movements as on Earth, so the geological features are more enduring and stable. The entire planet seems to be more or less uniformly coated in a thick layer of dust. The dust has the same composition all over the planet and is composed of fine-ground basalt (sort of like talc.)

There are two principal topographies on Mars. In the north, about 1/3 of the planet is a smooth and flat basalt plain, with few craters or major geological features. The southern 2/3 of the planet is highlands, very heavily cratered and full of extremes in altitude and terrain. All over the planet there are signs of water, and in fact in days gone by there was an ocean, or large lakes. Layered sandstones and different minerals attest to the presence of liquid water. There are even signs of great flood events similar to Lake Missoula in the northwestern U.S.

Predominant surface minerals include olivine, pyroxines, and feldspars, the same minerals so common in Earth's crust.

When I was a kid we were still talking about the Canals on Mars. Today we have a complete and highly detailed map of the planet, good knowledge of its geological history and composition, and have found water.

Water is present in more than sufficient quantity to make small colonies possible. I have no idea why anyone would want to live there. The exploring robots have found no traces of a Walmart or MacDonald's.
Old 24-10-2011, 08:27 AM
MMM

that life could have existed on mars is a no-brainer
that life is still on (underground) mars is also true
ask any remote viewer
an artificially made object has even been photographed on mars' moon
Old 24-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Greybeard

I was wondering where I'd lost my watch.
Old 21-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Master
I was watching an interview about Hatfield, one of the astronauts, who apparently has made a number of popular YouTube videos. Who stated the next stage in exploration oguht to be a station on the Moon, 3 days away from Earth, before going on to Mars. This was in the News today.

"Geochemist Professor Steven Benner has argued that the 'seeds' of life probably arrived on Earth in meteorites blasted off Mars by impacts or volcanic eruptions.
As evidence, he points to the oxidised mineral form of the element molybdenum, thought to be a catalyst that helped organic molecules develop into the first living structures."

‘It’s yet another piece of evidence which makes it more likely life came to Earth on a Martian meteorite, rather than starting on this planet."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2510677/Could-4-5-billion-year-old-Martian-meteorite-discovered-Sahara-reveal-life-red-planet.html

But in the aeons of time, what if a humanity had it's origins on the Red Planet? What if, "The Fall", in the Bible involves this situation?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Gracey

In Wilmington, North Carolina there is a 100 mile radius of where Venus Fly traps reside. IN the center of this radius, there are small impact craters from a meteor shower, hence the theory that this plant came from somewhere other than the earth. This plant only lives (naturally) in a few counties of north and south carolina.

Morpheus, your post reminded me of this.
Old 21-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Master

Gracey what a interesting piece of information. I never knew that about the Venus Fly Trap plants.
Old 21-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
In Wilmington, North Carolina there is a 100 mile radius of where Venus Fly traps reside. IN the center of this radius, there are small impact craters from a meteor shower, hence the theory that this plant came from somewhere other than the earth. This plant only lives (naturally) in a few counties of north and south carolina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey

Morpheus, your post reminded me of this.

How interesting! - Didn't know. I had just been posting about meat eating plants in the "vegetarian" thread, in the Christianity forum.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Gracey

from what i understand, plants need nitrogen in order to survive...the soil where the venus fly trap resides has little to no nitrogen...so the plant needs to eat meat in order to get the nutrients to survive. the same goes for the pitcher plant...perhaps they were created due to the arrival of a meteor shower also. i think the pitcher plant is in Australia, but dont quote me on that, i cant quite remember.
Old 29-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Master
Perusing the info from NASA and other sites, there is now the consensus that life indeed did exist on Mars at one time. That it had an atmosphere.

The molten core and related magnetic field of a planet has alot to do with it's conditions. The core of Mars, as observed, has cooled.

http://www.space.com/20641-ancient-mars-had-thicker-atmosphere-curiosity-finds-video.html

What we think Martians looked like.

Old 29-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Ladybugskiss

What if life did indeed exist on Mars but could not exist any more for whatever reason that obviously was a catastrophe to the whole planet that the inhabitants had to move! Where? EARTH OF COURSE!! And THATS where the whole idea of aliens came from...... They DO live among us O.O!!!!

Ladybugskiss