Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Master
Components explained. (plus one insight)

Here is a quick rundown of the components used.

The main reason why these components are so big, is the high voltages used. Most of these components are immersed in air. That is, between certain parts, air is the only insulator.
As a rough guide, I am using the measure of 1,000,000 volts of electricity to bridge 1 metre of air.
For instance, the gap between the terminators T1 and T2 need to be less than the gap across the both ends of the Tesla coil secondary coil/winding.

All components, except for the neon transformer, were handmade. I had no access to other components at that time.
The neon transformer is of the type they use for large neon-sign displays. Input voltage is 240 V AC. Output voltage is 15,000 V AC of very little current (milliamps).

Tesla coil (primary) is made from thick eight-strand copper wire. The secondary coil is about 500 turns of copper enamel wire, insulted between each turn with thick nylon fishing line. Wound on a plastic (pvc) water pipe.

The capacitors were made from wine flagon bottles immersed (inside and outside) in salt saturated water, with oil floating on top (insulator). The dielectric was the 3 mm thick glass required for the 15,000 V AC.

The Rotary Spark Gap (RSG), is used for safety reasons. Both current and and Alternating Current (AC) of 50 pulses per second (Hz) is a dangerous, if not lethal, combination for the human body.
The RSG blades rotates at 3,000 rpm. It has to be finely balanced to handle such centrifugal forces. That is why there are holes in some of the blades. I had to remove any unbalanced weight.
Each blade passes three contact points, making and breaking contact with each one, before the next blade comes by to do the same thing.
As a result, the electricity flow to the Tesla coil is interrupted 2,400 times per second.
The human nervous system cannot respond to electrical impulses above 2,000 per second. In other words, electrical shock is not registered by the body.

Hopefully that will answer any questions about the components. If you do have further questions, please feel free to ask me - either by posting here, or by PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Master
Thank you all for your support.
I will post things as I recollect my past on this matter.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Master
At last, some action

The above photo is a bit deceptive in the sense that the TC discharge is really only a single thin arc dancing between the two terminals. Due to to time delay for taking a night photograph, hundreds of arcs and corona discharges are being sensed by the film.

At the time, I was standing fairly close to the arcing. You can just see me standing behind the arc.
As I put my hand near to it, I could feel a slight tingling sensation, but I was not game to get any closer.

Notice the RSG, on the table. The three small spark gaps can be seen through the welding glass windows. I used the windows for adjusting the correct gap for minimal spark flare-out.
I also used bricks to keep the RSG from accidentally tipping over – something I did not want to happen. Especially for a giant ninja star at 3,000 rpm to suddenly fly loose and crash out of its box.

Concerning the RSG, I always gave the blade a bit of a spin before turning on its electric motor, just to help it along a bit. Then I watch it build up to speed. I have never seen it at pull speed. I always close the door on it as it gets uncomfortable to watch it spin so fast.
The strange thing is, that at closing the door, there is always a strong vacuum effect, and the door always gets sucked in tight. I could never work out where the air, in the box, got to, unless it was flung out as I was watching the rotor pick up speed.

Here are better photos, using less exposure time.
This one shows no arc, but corona discharge. Like feelers, so to speak, looking for a way to cross the gap – which is just too far to reach.

This photo shows a smaller gap - enough for the arc to bridge across.
Notice that most of the corona has now become the arc.

When there is arcing, the sound it makes is like that of a welder. Like with lightning, the sound (thunder) is the sudden expansion of air due to the heat of the arc passing through it.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Knower
I listened to a really good raido show interview of a guy who wrote a book on Tesla. Some of the things he was describing was really insightful. The one thing that stuck in my mind from listening to it was he said that when Tesla discovered the Ethir he was experimenting with it at different frequencies and was having some very strange effects. Some frequencies would make him and his assistants feel really ill and another which gave them long distance vision. There was one frequency though that he found which raised their conciousness dramatically!

I will try to find the recording on youtube and post the link.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Master
Hello venturer.

Thank you for your response.
Since I found out about Tesla in 1986, I have read a few books, many transcripts of lectures and talks by Tesla, and articles written by the man himself.
However, I have also heard and read a lot of stuff that people have claimed Tesla to say or do. Many of which I have not been able to source it back to Tesla.
So, anything new about Tesla, that does not sound anything like what I have already read, I tend to disregard it.
Now, I have been wrong, many times for disregarding things. So I will always listen but I may not respond to it if I cannot relate to it.

Regarding frequencies that make a person ill, I would say that is possible, especially very low frequencies.
Regarding frequencies that gave long distance vision, I would say most unlikely.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Master
A few experiments.

Above: It takes a fair bit alignment between these two terminals to create a nice even amount of corona. The shortest distance between the terminals becomes to main source of discharge.
There is nothing new about this. For me, it was just fascinating to see electricity in the form of corona.
My avatar, is a form of spiritual corona. It is my understanding of what my Being, or spiritual self, looks like.

Above: I used this particular set-up to simulate lightning. I was very pleased with its actions, far beyond my expectations.
The idea was to capture a discharge and store it, but the alternating current (AC) made this experiment impractical. A direct current (DC) device, such as a Van de Graaff generator, would have be more appropriate.

Above: Here are a few experiments with discharge patterns.
The top photo is a four prong terminal arcing to four points, of equal distance, to a spheroid.
The second photo shows very fine wires with corona discharges.
When the discharge between wire and spheroid is made, the wire gets slightly tugged towards the spheroid.
The corona, on the wire, that looks like fine arcs, are micro points/bumps on the wire surface. These act as escape points.
This is how Kirlian photography works.

Above: I wish I could find that photo album of mine. It shows this very well.
As you may know, the Tesla coil photo shows a Jacob's Ladder set-up.
Frankenstein movies often show a small arc rising between two vertical wires.
In this set-up, the ladder is opened far apart to act more like a transmitting antenna.

The fluorescent tube (fluro) becomes activated by the high voltage field from the antennas.
By holding the tube with both hands, and moving the hands about the tube, you can create interesting affects.
In the diagram above, the two hands (arms and body) short-circuit the electrical field, causing a dark spot in the middle of the fluro.

Now, the interesting bit here, is that my friend took a B&W photo of this affect. On receiving the photos from the photo-lab, there showed a partial arc around the fluro tube.
This arc was about six inches away from the tube itself, and it was not seen by our eyes at the time of the photograph.
The film was sensitive to UV radiation, so I believe this is an image of light within those frequencies.
However, this phenomenon does not fit with my understanding of light. That is, it does not show any source point.
Nevertheless, it does fit the descriptions of a halo, or a rainbow of sorts.

Tesla did mention about 'shadowless light'. This is something I tried to produce, but unable to. It requires fine tuning of frequencies generated between two plates.
The idea is to find a harmonic that would stimulate an electron, of say nitrogen (most common gas in our air), to shed a photon, so to speak.
In this way, the source of light would be the nitrogen gas in the air. Seventy eight percent of the air would light-up (no shadows).
Old 01-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Ascender
Wow Visitor that's some serious hardware! Amazing photographs too! I am praying you find your album!

Very interesting about the fluro. I wonder if different distances between hands can produce different effects with this "dark spot" floating light. Perhaps this is like a rainbow effect for electric light?

Seriously awesome stuff though! Love it, and cant wait to hear your spiritual connection with this path!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Master
Hello Sammy.

Thank you for your response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
-... cant wait to hear your spiritual connection with this path!
I have already started, in this thread, to provide some of my humble connections with the spiritual. But since others may miss my connections, I will summarize them at the end of this story.
And thanks for the PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:03 PM
William

Interesting thread Visitor.

Thanks for making the effort. :)
Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Master
Hello William.
Thank you for your words of encouragement.