Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 30-11-2010, 12:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar
any tips on how to get in touch with my guide?

What I've gathered is important, is meditation.

The meditation is to get yourself in a receptive mode. You may be "in touch" with your guide much of the time - just not in a way you'd be thinking of.
Old 30-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar
any tips on how to get in touch with my guide?

What I've gathered is important, is meditation.

Hi Iskandar,

When we don't have the power to maintain a 2 way link, communication with spirit will not occur or if it does, what we receive will likely be ragged. If you wish to communicate with those in the spirit world then yes, meditation is important. To listen, our own thoughts have to be infrequent or as quiet as possible, otherwise we can mistake our thoughts for theirs and receive what we want to hear, see or feel.

Once we have achieved a state of meditation, we have to attune our thoughts to reach their level, likewise they do the same to meet ours. This is could be said as expanding our awareness towards the spirit world.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
A question.

Why do we need guides in our earthly lives?
What exactly do they do to help us?

As far as I know,reading about reincarnation,we are given a certain life to live.
We live that life,making our own decisions and take the fallout if we make the wrong decision.

Now where do guides come in to assist us,if we make a wrong choice and take a wrong turning in that road?
Can they put us back on the straight and narrow or are we to sort our mistakes out?

In other words,are guides really needed?

Deapsea

Do you belief you make plans on what you want to achieve in the up coming life?
Your No 1 (guide) will try to keep you on your plan.
Of cause they can not interfer, they can however bring up hurdles for you, if this is in line with the agreements. On the other hand the soul can do this much more effective if it feel it is needed, and doesn't need spirits OK.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
A lot of people tend to rely on others for their spiritual development whether its with guides or other folks/beings regardless of the being's place (astral or physical)
That is OK, sooner or later they will find out it does not work this way.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:48 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detlef
Of cause they can not interfer, they can however bring up hurdles for you, if this is in line with the agreements. On the other hand the soul can do this much more effective if it feel it is needed, and doesn't need spirits OK.

There is much supposition as to what might be the actual involvement of one's primary guide.

What applies to one individual may not apply in a similar way to another. It may be that a guide acts for their charge in such a way as to improve the likely outcome of an action or omission which is in line with pre-agreed values.

But not all lives will have that degree of pre-arrangement or pre-agreement.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:52 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detlef

Um,you may be right there,Detlef.
I could certainly agree with that,concerning one incident in my life.
I asked for help at that time,was given it for a certain period,then bang,all my wishes and dreams went down the (proverbial) plughole!
So why was I given help to reach a certain point to have my hopes dashed at the end?
Deepsea
Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
There is much supposition as to what might be the actual involvement of one's primary guide.

What applies to one individual may not apply in a similar way to another. It may be that a guide acts for their charge in such a way as to improve the likely outcome of an action or omission which is in line with pre-agreed values.

But not all lives will have that degree of pre-arrangement or pre-agreement.

This is quite correct.

We need to understand, spirit can enter the next life from the non- physical- earth realm, or from the astral realm.
Many more will come from the non-physical earth realm, and with it the last life has never been down loaded, and dealt with. Those in the early incarnation cycle almost never enter the astral between incarnations.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Serenity Bear

For me my guides stretch me, teach me, make me a better person, nudge me to the places and people I need in my life and help me cope when I cant. They make me better at my work and every part of my life.

I seem to get a team for a while and then evolve into another. My current guide team are totally awesome people, with mentors, those who make me laugh, really good friendship, oh and lots and lots more. I hope I have many many years with these wonderous people.
Old 19-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Experiencer
To answer the initial question about why we need guides, the analogy mine gave me is that a plant can grow wild on its own, or it can be cultivated by a loving gardener. The latter plant is likely to be much more healthy and beautiful, and the relationship brings great joy to both.

Some people's life experiences involve working with their guides and some do not. We do have a huge spiritual "team" working with us and for us of which our guides are really just the forward representatives. My guides came to me "at the right time" and that was after many years of loneliness and struggle in my life. Once I had waded my way, very slowly and with great difficulty, through my emotional issues by myself, they turned up and were all "OK, well done, we're going to help you from here on." There were certain things I had to learn on my own and now there are certain things I now need to work on with my guides. Depending on the intentions with which we arrived in this life, we may need to do things with a limited amount of guidance from them.

The work of a guide is going to vary massively from person to person depending on their needs, so there's really no way to say "this is what a guide does". The personalities of guides and preferred methods of working really vary as well and they all have their own specialities. There seem to be many different kinds of relationships with guides, too (from teacher-student type relationships to informal best-friend type relationships - I like to have a cuddle-pile with mine! ).
Old 19-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Iskandar

Thanks for answering my question guys.